Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

There was a programme on last night about kids in care homes in England that didn't need to be....it also happened in Call The MidWife this week....harrowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jarlath should have been a bit more respectful, just because he was writing through the eyes of a 5 year old, he wasn't 5 year old when he wrote it.

I'd say his memory was spot on, the woman seemed like a typical rural backwards type

Least she's not giving out like most women...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Christmas has come early for Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

On a serious note , I went to Wexford Hospital with a serious brain injury, less than 3 years ago. They failed to investigate properly . I found out the full extent of my injuries and long term implications in St Vincent's Hospital afterwards. I can fully sympathise with this man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

There's a bit of a difference between "nothing " and an hour a week...unfortunately she'll get more where she is than she would at home caller..

madanall wrote: »
    On a serious note , I went to Wexford Hospital with a serious brain injury, less than 3 years ago. They failed to investigate properly . I found out the full extent of my injuries and long term implications in St Vincent's Hospital afterwards. I can fully sympathise with this man.

you ok hun?x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

His brother died Joe. dont miss that opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He will surely ask about the Manchester death.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Computer says no caller.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    He will surely ask about the Manchester death.........

Tune back in at three o'clock and he'll be saying "And me auntie has an ingrowing toe nail Joe". he'll get it all out of him fo shoo.

was is Duffy surprised people visit their loved ones every day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Two houses eh

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Yes....she seems to be a miserable woman....The man has apologized...several times. He has not disrepected her family. He remembers the incident as a 5 year old child....and many of us have lost mothers...including me....and I'm 24 years....I remember her death completely differently than my sister..one year older.

Two houses eh

Tommy Two Gaffs, sell one of them to pay for private care maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There is not enough money in the country to meet all the health demands out there.

M

First time I've heard Gary Glitter on the radio in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

you ok hun?x

I don't have anything like the problems that this man's wife has in fairness. I had a bleed on the brain from a fall. My memory is affected, my sense of taste and smell is gone forever . But,I realise how fortunate I am . These cases of people with brain injuries strike a chord with me .

M

Vorsprung durch Technik, so to speak.

• Advertisement

BINGO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well done Joe, you miserable p*ick!!!!

Duffy gets his quota of tears!

sick little country

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Jackpot for the ghoul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

F*cking Depressing ...

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    There is not enough money in the country to meet all the health demands out there.

I think there is, just that it's not being spent prudently, or sensibly and too much waste

What is your difference Owen?

Ah motor cyclists- otherwise known as organ donors

I've had my quota of misery for today. I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

When this is over Ray D'Arcy will be on talking about death as well......the death of a man travelling in India and how that affected his family.

One round of miser after another.

This is getting unbearable now!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Red Kev wrote: »
    When this is over Ray D'Arcy will be on talking about death as well......the death of a man travelling in India and how that affected his family.

One round of miser after another.

RTE radio loves misery, everyday there is s section on someone dying of something or suffering from some disease.

Phew, indicator off

Is Joe about to faint there???

This is getting unbearable now!!!!

I can't listen to it at the min, what are they on about

The beaumont

red ears wrote: »

Death, Misery, Tears, Brain Injuries

Happy stuff like

Death, Misery, Tears, Brain Injuries

Happy stuff like

The usual then

red ears wrote: »

Another poor fecker ringing in, his wife is in a bad way, part of her skull removed during op, but poses problems, Joe's topics are getting more morbid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Another poor fecker ringing in, his wife is in a bad way, part of her skull removed during op, but poses problems, Joe's topics are getting more morbid!!

For me it's actually opening my eyes to what's going on around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Roger_007 wrote: »

It's a bottomless pit, there's always some other treatment or drug or service that people think is the magic bullet. And then there's a whole set of industries feeding off this natural phenomenon.

Society needs to take an overall dispassionate view of such matters and without forgetting the ill, prioritise funding for the healthy citizenship. Because it's the latter who are/ will be productive members of society: working, paying taxes, consuming and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Could today be a stealth Funny Friday. Doesn't Joe consider the first Friday in March as the last Friday in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I really hope not. The idea that there are stealth funny Fridays out there, like tragically unfunny ninjas just waiting to strike, is terrifying.

I really hope not. The idea that there are stealth funny Fridays out there, like tragically unfunny ninjas just waiting to strike, is terrifying.

The only thing that is stealthy about a Funny Friday is the humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,958 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The FF Ninja crew can sneak up in the dark and fog of a normal LL conversation and appear unexpectedly holding a knife to the throat of a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday any time they like.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Shatter and Kenny.
    Yewman remains found in Tuam.

Two of Joe's two favourite subjects.

FG bashing and dead babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Great result for the Transalvanian 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Joe has the horn on for another kicking of Enda Kenny after gorging on him a couple of weeks ago.

Will we get another 3 weeks of Tuam babies and will it be as bad as the last time? When the story originally broke Joe was off getting his backside sunburnt in France and PBH did the story for two weeks.

When our hero got back he decided that wasn't good enough and devoted the best part of 3 weeks to Tuam babies, Magdalene Laundries and Industrial Schools. It got bad after the first week as he was just ringing around people who had been on the show or other RTE programmes before. Anyway, he indulged his own personal fetish and that's all that matters.

M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 44
    Joe Shows: 38
    No Show Joe Shows: 6
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 6
    AN Udder Shows: 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Could today be a stealth Funny Friday. Doesn't Joe consider the first Friday in March as the last Friday in February.

"Beware of the funny Friday of March"Joe Shakespeare Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The Tuam babies is the leading story on the 1 o'clock news."The Lahvlahn is open now":eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement