Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sligojoek wrote: »
    There's a photo of the letter on Broadsheet.

God almighty, just read it and don't have the heart even to slag off Joe today, some evil people in this country. And let's not be mistaken, plenty of them are still around today and probably not a bit remorseful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

whoy do you remember a septic tank from when you were 5 ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

1937 - that's a load of old shyt.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

This lady told him this already esrlier inthe programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Im out.

Sorry for these people but this is adding absolutely zip that hasnt been covered.

Well, the story before this was in the realms of allegation and folk memory. The ground investigations have shown these people were absolutely right and that the Bon Secours order had better start answering a few questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Did you hear her on Sean O'Rourke this morning - this story broke again at just the wrong time for poor Terry!!

What was she saying.

Or who was she representing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So are there 798 death certificates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you hear her on Sean O'Rourke this morning - this story broke again at just the wrong time for poor Terry!!

He should have tackied her on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

I'm so glad to see the usual comedians are here again to day. Some seriously sad people who think everything is funny

• Advertisement
    M

I hope de nuns kept the receipt for de PR.

Red Kev wrote: »
    What was she saying.

She was just on as part of the Friday gathering. Sean brought it up before noon. Getting the scoop out before An Nuacht.

Big C wrote: »
    I'm so glad to see the usual comedians are here again to day. Some seriously sad people who think everything is funny

who thinks what is funny ? What are you on about ? Please use the quote function to highlight it

Twice Joe defends the Mail on Sunday.

Why?

Because they pay him a weekly wage. Nice to see him defend a racist. Anti Irish, homophobic child abusing rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

get Prone on

you usually cant get her off the airwaves

Nobody thinks it's funny.

However, it's a joke that this clown is covering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Red Kev wrote: »
    What was she saying.

She was caught on the hop - in for Sean's usual 'Friday Gathering' to chew the news stories of the week. S'OR read out the breaking statement and asked her to comment and she basically waffled and disseminated for a couple of minutes.

Joe, Who OWNS the Mail?

Last time I looked at it it was the basically the English Mail with a few Irish pages slotted in.

2smiggy wrote: »
    whoy do you remember a septic tank from when you were 5 ????
    Dan Jaman wrote: »
    1937 - that's a load of old shyt.
    It was his flute, so to speak.
    who thinks what is funny ? What are you on about ? Please use the quote function to highlight it

Here's just a few examples for you 2smiggy. I have to agree with C here, I enjoy the light hearted banter on here most days but today is not the day for joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I hope de nuns kept the receipt for de PR.

Terry Prone, Grrrrrrrrrrr

pilly wrote: »
    Here's just a few examples for you 2smiggy. I have to agree with C here, I enjoy the light hearted banter on here most days but today is not the day for joking.

and what is funny about what I said, why the fúck would you remember a septic tank from when you are 5 . I still see no one making fun of the story in any way

• Advertisement

and what is funny about what I said, why the fúck would you remember a septic tank from when you are 5 . I still see no one making fun of the story in any way

Did you just not read the quotes I gave you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Well, the story before this was in the realms of allegation and folk memory. The ground investigations have shown these people were absolutely right and that the Bon Secours order had better start answering a few questions.

Like i said im sorry for them, joe getting his jollies and adding people to repeat stories based on memories from 30+ years ago adds nothing new.

Joe interested in the death and burial angle. Not in the cover up or those involved in the whole thing.

pilly wrote: »
    Did you just not read the quotes I gave you?

i did ya, and not one is making light , or fun of the story. and what was funny about what I said, can you read that ?

I presume the privacy tents are being erected and the diggers are moving in as we speak like would happen in any other civilised country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

They waited for Jimmy Saville to die before any enquiry was held. He got away with it. If there are nuns alive today, they should be dragged by the scruff of the neck in to the local cop shop before they die and made to answer questions. If found guilty let them die in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Back then the country had its own fanatical/ fervent religious a bit like Daesh is today ........they would enquire why you were

not going to the temple......for services etc......like Daesh they were dressed in Black and a platoon of these big burley

religious black dressed men occupied each parish........watching their "flock" ...... day in day out.

Sounds like a grim hell-hole, right enough.

<that's not a humorous observation, by the way, just in case those of an overly-sensitive nature are reading>

get Prone on

you usually cant get her off the airwaves

Smoke coming out of Prone's keyboard typing a statement, too late love too late

M

Did the church have power over non believers back in the day, would those people not have told them to go and f themselves?

• Advertisement

I presume the privacy tents are being erected and the diggers are moving in as we speak like would happen in any other civilised country

surely this should have happened 2 years ago when the story first broke. Wondering why have not heard much about it since.

Park Royal wrote: »
    Back then the country had its own fanatical/ fervent religious a bit like Daesh is today ........they would enquire why you were

not going to the temple......for services etc......like Daesh they were dressed in Black and a platoon of these big burley

religious black dressed men occupied each parish........watching their "flock" ...... day in day out.

Still a few of them going around.

They waited for Jimmy Saville to die before any enquiry was held. He got away with it. If there are nuns alive today, they should be dragged by the scruff of the neck in to the local cop shop before they die and made to answer questions. If found guilty let them die in prison.

But the Gardai knew about this mass grave in the 1970's and did SFA

i did ya, and not one is making light , or fun of the story. and what was funny about what I said, can you read that ?

It wasn't funny, you're right there. It was an attempt to be funny. If you're feeling guilty over it now go back and delete it. Otherwise stop replying to my posts. You asked for quotes, I gave them to you.

M

Will there be a compensation process now setup that Bons Secours can be taken to the cleaners?

surprised they are having a go at Prone in public

her ice cold grip on the media must be slipping

Did the church have power over non believers back in the day, would those people not have told them to go and f themselves?

You dare not say if you were a non believer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

She was caught on the hop - in for Sean's usual 'Friday Gathering' to chew the news stories of the week. S'OR read out the breaking statement and asked her to comment and she basically waffled and disseminated for a couple of minutes.

I thought she said that the Bon Secours order were clients of the Communications Clinic and not her personally.

Carelessness, callousness, disregard, contempt, cruelty and rigid rule by fear.
    I don't know that any murders happened though. Neither does anyone else.
    If there were any evidence of any of the above actions and attitudes leading directly to the deaths of any of these children the responsible parties should be prosecuted, but I suppose they're long gone.

• Advertisement

Will there be a compensation process now setup that Bons Secours can be taken to the cleaners?

they can get Opus Dei's Michael Woods to negotiate their terms

vicwatson wrote: »
    You dare not say if you were a non believer

Prods had their own shyt-headed system to toe the line of.

Kudos to that woman Catherine Corless, the amount of work to find names of those 798 children, wow, shes an inspiration.

Edit - "that woman" has a name and amended as above, take a bow Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Very very few non believers back then.....specially when Dev and the others

"our betters " fell to their knees and kissed the Religious mans ring.......

as a youth you were expected to salute each priest and nun you passed on the

pavement...and if you did not they would follow you up by going to your

classroom to sort you out. True. As a result you complied specially when

you needed to live in the place etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Good to see this covered on RTE given the status of a PR person's husband in RTE aswell.

Remains to be seen how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was Tuam the only place this happened in? I very much doubt it.

• Advertisement

Good to see this covered on RTE given the status of a PR person's husband in RTE aswell.

Remains to be seen how it pans out.
    As far as I know he's not there anymore. But was for long enough.

M

Would love to know what the death rate was in % terms compared to that of the general population.

The Phil Collins promo has dropped the 'Not Dead Yet Tour' part of it.
    Pity, I rather liked that, but some fart probably complained about it.

M

Would be interesting to see on the death certs was it 1 or just a tiny handful of Dr's confirming causes of death.

what sort of question was that ffs:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement