Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No interest to Joe if he's "Not dead yet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Prods had their own shyt-headed system to toe the line of.

Do tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Did the church have power over non believers back in the day, would those people not have told them to go and f themselves?

Sure the Church's writ basically ran the state after independence. Throwing the Brits out was a golden opportunity to renew & exert their control over education, health and morality etc. That said, the citizenry facilitated them and it suited many to let them at it.
    citykat wrote: »
    I thought she said that the Bon Secours order were clients of the Communications Clinic and not her personally.

That was her phrase alright - what do they call this? 'Mental Reservation' maybe I think is the term!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

under de mud......Good God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

UNDER THE MUD..!! .YA FOOKIN GOUL YA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Do tell?

Maybe not quite as rigid, but there were a lot of subtle pressures to conform, and the fear of being outside the flock, as it were.
    It was much worse in some rural parts of Scotland, where some swivel-eyed loons were in control, out of the reach of normal people.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Calling terry prone.where are u.there is a guy scrapping for a barny with u.anton savage must be free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Tuam was typical of institutions, St Ita's Portran 4000 residents buried in unmarked graves, last was late 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"........enaging with Tusla.....", good luck with that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Can you imagine the cold in this place. I'm thinking of 1947 and the Big Snow, wonder was there a higher number of deaths in the homes that year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I hope this slowly leads to the end of the career of Terry fcuking Prone, her family and her company in the media world in this country.

They are a family who have taken money to tutor people to lie, cover up, deceive and cheat this country for decades. She was making me sick to my stomach 20 years ago and I never can get over the fawning attitude of the circle jerk of certain people in the Irish media for her. There again they all work, party and play together, so we shouldn't be surprised.

Will the media take her on? most of them won't as she's one of them and she has dirt on everybody. Which is why most politicians are afraid of her as well. That family are in the top 10 of the most powerful families in this country who have never stood for election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's been VINDICATED by the STATE . Christ he's loving this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Let's just say that all deaths were 100% natural causes and records of death recorded correctly, if the nuns then said to the parent what they wanted to do with the body and the parents didn't want them, would it be all that different to bury them out back then to say cremate them and spread ashes in some holy shrine or garden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

at least Yew is doing something with himself today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe plugs his project again.
    Will there be a buke?
    "De 300 Year Scandal of de Bones of McGrath"
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yew Ormonde......Yewman.......Can someone from RTE tell this fool to pronounce his H's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

disgraceful dragging poor Cornelius into this (joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

JFC!

Stooooooopppppp saying "YOOOOMAN"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Was Tuam the only place this happened in? I very much doubt it.

Tip of the Iceberg I'd say.

How many more "scandals" are there? This country seems to be one big scandal.

Some people for respecting fellow humans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Terry Tom and Anton teaching themselves everything they taught their clients now.

M

Red Kev wrote: »
    I hope this slowly leads to the end of the career of Terry fcuking Prone, her family and her company in the media world in this country.

They are a family who have taken money to tutor people to lie, cover up, deceive and cheat this country for decades. She was making me sick to my stomach 20 years ago and I never can get over the fawning attitude of the circle jerk of certain people in the Irish media for her. There again they all work, party and play together, so we shouldn't be surprised.

Will the media take her on? most of them won't as she's one of them and she has dirt on everybody. Which is why most politicians are afraid of her as well. That family are in the top 10 of the most powerful families in this country who have never stood for election.

Whoy, whoy, sure the Gardaí spent €93k with de Communications Clinic during 5 months last year don't ye know so to speak...
    AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA spent over €90,000 in just five months on media training for the service’s personnel.

The Garda hierarchy has engaged the services of the Dublin-based Communications Clinic, a media relations consultancy firm utilised by everyone from politicians to jobseekers, since September 2014, initially on an ad hoc basis.

Between June and November 2016 €92,955 was paid to the Communications Clinic.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-communications-clinic-3263726-Mar2017/?utm_source=shortlink

we need more uncorrupted outsiders to come in and shine a big light into the very dark corners of this country

PA-13476143-310x415.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

90103803.jpg

============================

anton-savage.jpg

:pac::pac:

Let's just say that all deaths were 100% natural causes and records of death recorded correctly, if the nuns then said to the parent what they wanted to do with the body and the parents didn't want them, would it be all that different to bury them out back then to say cremate them and spread ashes in some holy shrine or garden?

Cremation was forbidden by the Catholic Church at the time.

But I'm not quite sure what you mean in your post.

we need more uncorrupted outsiders to come in and shine a big light into the very dark corners of this country

And MAKE PEOPLE PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS/INACTIONS, everyone walks away scott free - its fúcking outrageous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Joe does not want to hear of bad things happening in other countries too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

France Duh thinks Joe

M

Cremation was forbidden by the Catholic Church at the time.

But I'm not quite sure what you mean in your post.

I was leaning towards what else were the nuns to do with the bodies if they didn't have resources to bury them properly somewhere else.

Never thought of the non cremation CC rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭jean contente

To paraphrase the late James Gogarty:'Will they f**k!

I think Tuam is just one of these horrible places. The rest have yet to be uncovered, but people know I feel, but are just not able to say it.

Could not just be one place could it.

• Advertisement

Interestingly the Catholic Church has made it almost impossible to leave it since 2009.

They are so far removed from the teachings of Jesus Christ it's laughable.

no comment = **** you

Who's the signatory to this statement from the Bon Secours Nuns?? Duffy doesn't say, who wrote this statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭boardise

A certain grim ( not funny!) linguistic appropriacy in the fact that the placename Tuam comes from Gaelic Tuaim meaning 'funeral mound'.
    This is related to the word Tomb which like Tuaim comes from an old Indo-European root-word .

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

I suspect it was a total lack of money ......even though the Church was itself

hugely rich........and Tuam has an Archbishop .......not just an ordinary

bishop.....capitation from the state would have been little .....!

Coming next..........Terry Prone says she didn't write that letter, she signs hundreds of these every day and can't possibly read them all............. and proceeds to throw an intern under the bus.

Google "communications clinc bullying" if you want a good read. Nasty place.

I was leaning towards what else were the nuns to do with the bodies if they didn't have resources to bury them properly somewhere else.

Never thought of the non cremation CC rule.

Not getting at you, but proper burial should not have been that difficult. These orders had graveyards. A mass grave, properly blessed would have been something Christian to do.

I just don't get the treatment of these children, no dignity, no blessings, no nothing. Awful. I can't even imagine how someone could do this. Feck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm in a taxi en route to my first airport today en route home so to speak but as regular readers of my posts will know I'm a big fan of De Kummunucations Klinic as well. Glad to see they're (and in particular Terry Prone) are coming out of this so well......

What I will say on that point is Duffy is once again showing his sneaky side and being completely two faced as usual for his own gain. He would never attack De Kummunications Klinic when Tom Savage (Prone's husband and fadder of Anton) was on de board of RTÉ but now that he's gone they're fair game. And his defence of his other paymaster/fees contributor De Oirish Daily Fail was laughable. He's such a slime operator he'd make a former politician turned used car salesman blush.

M

On death rates at the time that I was wondering, they were almost double in Tuam to that of other homes, nice work by De Journal...
    Documents show that the death rate of babies at the home was significantly higher than that at other homes around the country. Figures from the National Archives showed that 31.6% of babies under the age of one at Tuam died over the course of one year.

In other homes, that rate was 17%.

This is the breakdown of causes of death...
    ?width=630&version=3269000

http://www.thejournal.ie/bon-secours-sisters-response-tuam-remains-3268928-Mar2017/

Duffy not listening there.......

• Advertisement
    M

I'd say next week is going to be 5 days on this topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm in a taxi en route to my first airport today en route home so to speak but as regular readers of my posts will know I'm a big fan of De Kummunucations Klinic as well. Glad to see they're (and in particular Terry Prone) are coming out of this so well......

What I will say on that point is Duffy is once again showing his sneaky side and being completely two faced as usual for his own gain. He would never attack De Kummunications Klinic when Tom Savage (Prone's husband and fadder of Anton) was on de board of RTÉ but now that he's gone they're fair game. And his defence of his other paymaster/fees contributor De Oirish Daily Fail was laughable. He's such a slime operator he'd make a former politician turned used car salesman blush.

Good of yew to get up in the "middle of the night" to join us.
    Well done.

I'd say next week is going to be 5 days on this topic.

He'll even cancel de scheduled breakeen for dis so to speak.

On death rates at the time that I was wondering, they were almost double in Tuam to that of other homes, nice work by De Journal...

This is the breakdown of causes of death...
    ?width=630&version=3269000

http://www.thejournal.ie/bon-secours-sisters-response-tuam-remains-3268928-Mar2017/

Terrible sad reading.

The state is completely culpable ONCE AGAIN

sligojoek wrote: »
    Good of yew to get up in the "middle of the night" to join us.
    Well done.

Can't sleep tbh. Well that and knowing how much ye all miss my "hilarious" comments and cynicism so to speak....

I might even return to writing Me Weekly Column and dat when I get home so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭jean contente

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who's the signatory to this statement from the Bon Secours Nuns?? Duffy doesn't say, who wrote this statement?

Dollars to doughnuts it was sent to Joe by the Communications Clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Coming next..........Terry Prone says she didn't write that letter, she signs hundreds of these every day and can't possibly read them all............. and proceeds to throw an intern under the bus.

I heard her on pontificating in that usual condescending voice of hers earlier today. There's seems to be only two topics that she is prepared to utter a public opinion on: Kate Fitzgerald and The Tuam Babies.

Bannon on again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

vicwatson wrote: »
    Terrible sad reading.

The state is completely culpable ONCE AGAIN

And the Catholic Church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Park Royal wrote: »
    .even though the Church was itself hugely rich........and Tuam has an Archbishop .......not just an ordinary bishop....

Indeed Tuam had the most famous or infamous Archbishop McHale. A man often portrayed as standing up against the neglect of the Brits, but who in reality was relentless in building and restoring the power and wealth of the church.

He was prepared to fight tooth and nail against any moderating help and charity that came from outside the church. There are ample instances of McHale actively intervening in areas of poverty in the west not out of concern for the poor people but because he was determined to stamp out other religions and claim the poor souls and whatever pennies they had for himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement