Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Red Kev wrote: »
    I hope this slowly leads to the end of the career of Terry fcuking Prone, her family and her company in the media world in this country.

She'll probably lay low for a while like Frank Flannery did, and then she'll back as a talking head again on RTE in a month or two when the media luvies think we've all forgotten about what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And the Catholic Church.

Is there a difference between the state and the catholic church really? no. It's enshrined in the constitution FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You'll have all the politicians and "good people" out licking the popes ring next year, just watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Park Royal wrote: »
    I suspect it was a total lack of money ......even though the Church was itself

hugely rich........and Tuam has an Archbishop .......not just an ordinary

bishop.....capitation from the state would have been little .....!

And a Cathedral!! Anyone I know from Tuam is hugely proud of the fact that they have a cathedral. I wonder are they proud today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

She'll probably lay low for a while like Frank Flannery did, and then she'll back as a talking head again on RTE in a month or two when the media luvies think we've all forgotten about what's happened.

Yeah. I reckon a Sunday morning one-on-one "interview" with Marian Finucane focusing on how hard she works, family, kids, illness etc. etc. etc. followed up the following weekend with a colour spread in the Sindo Life magazine.
    Indeed Tuam had the most famous or infamous Archbishop McHale. A man often portrayed as standing up against the neglect of the Brits, but who in reality was relentless in building and restoring the power and wealth of the church.

He was prepared to fight tooth and nail against any moderating help and charity that came from outside the church. There are ample instances of McHale actively intervening in areas of poverty in the west not out of concern for the poor people but because he was determined to stamp out other religions and claim the poor souls and whatever pennies they had for himself.

McHale Park in Castlebar is named after him. i think he might have been the fella who shut down the Protestant missions on Achill back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

First, an affair with Charlie haughey and now this. It's a disgrace Joe, a disgrace. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Indeed Tuam had the most famous or infamous Archbishop McHale. A man often portrayed as standing up against the neglect of the Brits, but who in reality was relentless in building and restoring the power and wealth of the church.

He was prepared to fight tooth and nail against any moderating help and charity that came from outside the church. There are ample instances of McHale actively intervening in areas of poverty in the west not out of concern for the poor people but because he was determined to stamp out other religions and claim the poor souls and whatever pennies they had for himself.

This was around the same time that Galway spunked £1,000,000 on a cathedral, but feeding and burying bastards was too expensive obviously...

Fairly shocking stuff, more than 1 in 4 died.

C5_n_OgXEAA02ab.jpg

More reading on it here:

https://twitter.com/Limerick1914

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tuambabies?src=hash

Momentum building against Prone, as somebody said on this thread earlier today, RTE can lay into her no as the husband no longer has his hands on the purse that pays their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Park Royal wrote: »
    I suspect it was a total lack of money ......even though the Church was itself

hugely rich........and Tuam has an Archbishop .......not just an ordinary

bishop.....capitation from the state would have been little .....!

Wasn't down to money. How much would it cost to bury one of these kids? What are the costs? No this was the church consciously rending the 'unclean' a final indignity.

• Advertisement

There's no better person than her to manage a crisis.

Momentum building against Prone, as somebody said on this thread earlier today, RTE can lay into her no as the husband no longer has his hands on the purse that pays their wages.

Terry Prone, if she does talk, will just say that she did was she was instructed to do by her client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Terry Prone, if she does talk, will just say that she did was she was instructed to do by her client.

De two most basic rules of PR in Ireland are:
    1. Don't talk to Joe
    2. When you're explaining you're losing

So she will not be on De LahvLahn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Fairly shocking stuff, less than 1 in 4 survived.

C5_n_OgXEAA02ab.jpg
    Other way around, I think you mean. Still absolutely gobsmacking, though, when compared with the normality.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

More reading on it here:

https://twitter.com/Limerick1914

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tuambabies?src=hash

Ohoh, the knives are out in remembrance of past grievances and lost opportunities. There's nothing more vindictive than a luvvie with a grudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder if they realise he's on ten times the money they are?

Has Joe lost a lot of weight? :eek:

No, the guy standing to Joe's left, is pulling hard on his breeks and jacket with his right hand, to make Joe appear slimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Hitchens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Dats a cardboard cutout of him so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Looks like a chin or ten has been removed. Though with joes "fees" weight can easily be lost with the signing of a cheque to a "doctor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭furiousox

Well he did mention on air that he's in the gym at 6 am every morning pumping iron before a gruelling day's broadcasting.
    It's a beautiful image, isn't it? :pac:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Well he did mention on air that he's in the gym at 6 am every morning pumping iron before a gruelling day's broadcasting.

I think I just got sick in my mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

He definitely has, he actually looks a bit shook.

He definitely has, he actually looks a bit shook.
    He just got his wine bill.

Maybe the fibregade has just cut him out of the Jag.

Shur how else would they get him up the fire ladder?

The red waist coat must be in the cleaners this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

citykat wrote: »
    Maybe the fibregade has just cut him out of the Jag.
    Joe's own words:
    "Could they not solder the roof back on?"

Joe is sittin at home watching Dancing With The Stars shouting at de telly "don't do de accent" at Amanda Byram.

Not to mention how confused he is at de tranny dat was featured on de show.....and I don't mean de type dat de Dublin Bus drivers were going to strike over so to speak.

Me Weekly Column, by me, Joe Duffy so to speak.

Well after a short hi-ate-us of a few months for me ta gadder me tawts and dat (and after settlin' wit some geebag who does de writin' in de Sindo (no, not Niamh Horan) and dat for de playgerism and dat) I'm back wi de furst of many I hope says I amd you don't hope says you of me wurild famous "Me Weekly Column, by me, Joe Duffy so to speak" of 2017 2-17 so to speak. dare's so much for me to give me opinion on and as the most intelligent man in de land and de man wit de best English and dat it's only right dat I give me opinion and dat in de most Irish of newspapers De Oirish Daily Fall so to speak. Dare'll be some new feetures to de new and improved "Me Weekly Column, by me, Joe Duffy so to speak" too so to speak. "How does you improve on perfection, Joe?" I hear you say says I.Just you wait and see caller says I.

Good week/Bad week
    is a new feeture dat I did tink of all be meself and it wasn't prompted to me by wan a de editors of de paper at all at all says I. So I'll start wit Bad week.

Bad week Number Wan. It was a bad week for Terry Probe (not a typo) and De Kummunications Klinic. Now I've always been consistent on De Kummunications Klinic and dare owners and staff and I've always stood up to dem fearlesly and was never afrayed to tackle dem or dare nonsense mask-kerr-aiding as de PR and dat. i've always tackled dem head on and never taken any of dare auld guff and dat and indeed never let Tom Savage's former position in RTE (who do be do be do be doin' de payin' of me fees and dat - I mean me main fees now caller, not de fees I get for writin' dis crap) affect me wan bit wen gettin ta de bottom a wan a dare press releases. I covered de Kate Fitzgerald case endlessly, and by endlessly i mean I never started diskussin it at all it for example and I never wance let dare relationship as advisors to de church and dat affect me coverage of de stories so to speak. In de real wurild (i.e. outside RTE) having a position on de state broadcaster and representing de church through a privately held business would be considered a konflict of interest and dat but not in RTE so to speak. It's great dough to know dat de txpayers made dem all rich throug all de gubbermint contracts day git and amazingly day can advise almost all political parties at de same toyme says I.....dat's truly amazing so to speak. Dare a great bunch a lads, like de Chinese so to speak.

Bad week Number too. It was also a bad week for me as I was supposed to take anudder week off (it's March and I haven't had my main holiday yet and have only had wan week off dis year so far so to speak) but den day had to find more baybies in Choom and dat was de end of me little breakeen en France. Now don't get me wrong, it was a jizz fest in Chateau Duffy when I did hurded of de death and dat, but could day not wait until i got back from me jolliers?

Good week.
    I'll be honest, this wan is going to pretty much be a cut and paste from now on. it was a good week for me. I got paid over €10K for 6.25hours "wurk". On that sum I'll pay approx 12.5% tax while you eejits pay 52%+ for 40 hours+. I could gloat but yous no me an how modest and humble I am. i did tink about yous all when I was in de Samsung Kitchen @l'Ecrivain having de Bollinger '57 and de lobster on Friday evening. And if you believe dat I have a new buke coming out later dis year dat yous can buy ta make me richer so to speak.

Udder tings dat did grab my attention.
    Dare was sometin about a long fella from Tipp and dat on de show dis week. I gave out yards abour it and even dough no wan else cared I still went on and on and on and on and on and on abour it until eventually Trinity came on and told me to feck off. I did show up de professor for been a tick dough first when I did riddick-kule him on de forensics and de genes and dat. I don't understand whoy day don't just give me de honorary doctorate at dis stage. I've tried been nice, now I'll pester de hole off dem until day give me wan just to feck off and shurrup so to speak.

De FibreGade are looking for more moolah so to speak. Aren't we all says I? As somewan who earns more dan de comboyned salaries of approx 12 FribeGaders I was keen ta show dem I understood dare plight so to speak and offered me support by going and doin' a photo wit dem. I did dis all for free, pro grattis so to speak - aldough I do have to declare day washed de Jag in exchange for me toyme so to speak. Fair play ta dem, I'll be down every week from now on for de car wash.Ya have ta watch de shillins says I.

De buke(s).
    Everyday I literally get hundrids tousinds a pepple asking me "wen is de new buke coming out Joe?", and me answer is always de same - "You can't rush genius or art says I, so October". Now I was only going ta write wan buke dis year as it's hard to fit de writin' in wit de 6.25hours per week in RTE, but now I've decided ta write 2 and day are as follows:
    1. "De Childers dat did Doyed in De Trubbles so to speak" wit a four-wurd by Bridnin O'Cardle
    2. "De Childers dat did Doyed in Choom so to speak", also wit a four-wurd by Brindin O'Cardle

Both bukes will be out before de Chrimbo and dat and dis tpoyme both bukes will include a colourin-in section ware yous can colour in for example de pictures of de childer on de street corner holding a petril bomb being shot by de British sniper or me own favourite de babbies floating in de septic tank full of shoye and de skeletons of udder babbies. i tink dis added feeture will appeal to de chikders. Each buke comes with all de crayons you do be needin' ta colour in de scenes - black, white, grey and red (for de blood and dat). I've also priced de bukes at €49.99 each as it's important ta me ta keep dem affordable and under de €50 mark so to speak, but wit de extra colourin' sections and de crayons it's totally worth it s to speak.

Dats all for now (day're not paying me by de wurd yous know so to speak). I'll be back next week ta give yisser all de low down on de down low so to speak.

'til next week, keep de faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Great stuff BS. Well worth the wait.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Great stuff BS. Well worth the wait.

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

furiousox wrote: »

Don't you mean 'a gouling days broadcasting ".:)

• Advertisement
    M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 45
    Joe Shows: 39
    No Show Joe Shows: 6
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 6
    AN Udder Shows: 0

Niall Minogue - Scammer
    Dead babies in Choom - a marathon in store

M

T'day...
    Niall Minogue, Quality Global Personnel, he has left people lighter for de cash so to speak.
    De Tuam Baby Home

M

De Quality Global Personnel was dissolved in Two Fifteen...
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Quality-Global-Personnel-Limited-510870

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

T'day...
    Niall Minogue, Quality Global Personnel, he has left people lighter for de cash so to speak.
    De Tuam Baby Home

Wonder why they didn't run with this story? Certainly a national disgrace in my opinion. :mad::mad:

http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/cork-mother-continues-her-march-to-the-dail-in-a-wheelchair/

• Advertisement

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Wonder why they didn't run with this story? Certainly a national disgrace in my opinion. :mad::mad:

http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/cork-mother-continues-her-march-to-the-dail-in-a-wheelchair/

Outside the Pale and another radio station which is a big rival to RTE has been covering it, so he won't give them too much publicity.

He may attempt to jump on the bandwagon when she places her dirty boots on the pavements of Dub-ah-lin.

She's got a lot of publicity nationwide but that doesn't necessarily interest our hero. In the meantime if your tortoise goes missing in Rathgar or if there's a large puddle in Sutton please give our man in Montrose a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Outside the Pale and another radio station which is a big rival to RTE has been covering it, so he won't give them too much publicity.

He may attempt to jump on the bandwagon when she places her dirty boots on the pavements of Dub-ah-lin.

She's got a lot of publicity nationwide but that doesn't necessarily interest our hero. In the meantime if your tortoise goes missing in Rathgar or if there's a large puddle in Sutton please give our man in Montrose a call.

That story has no chance compared to hundreds of dead babies and an even greater number of live relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Annnnnnnd im out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finally getting a chance this week to tune in, iv'e missed you Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This is voyeuristic tripe and contributes nothing to the story.

ffs Dead Baby Week .... only on Liveline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

How bony were the bones ? , Joe's search for gory details is really quite sick .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

So this man has a detailed memory of something that happened 42 years ago when he was a small child.. .

GTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Del.Monte wrote: »
    This is voyeuristic tripe and contributes nothing to the story.

Lets all be prepared for at least a month of this.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What colour were the bones?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement