Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Paul is one sorry man he agreed to go on air today.

I doubt that, I'd say he has a neck like a jockey's B*llix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

We're not going to get very far if Joe can do nothing more than throw up "the devil" statement over and over again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul is one sorry man he agreed to go on air today.

:pac: I'd suggest someone throw him a lifeline but he doesn't deserve the assistance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

does this priest really believe what he is saying, is he that deluded ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

baldbear wrote: »
    Surely some local men were involved in the burials and people into the area knew well about all those burials.

Most weren't buried, there were no "burials"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I think it might be better to wait until a link can be made between some of the remains and the particular nuns and/or others, who would have been responsible for those children before passing judgement.
    I have an uneasy feeling that too many conclusions are being drawn too quickly. Nobody knows who may, or may not, have been involved or what period the human remains relate to.
    We need the scientific evidence.

Have you been under a rock for the past week?

They know exactly how old each set of remains is. And they're on the site of he old home. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Anyone doing a "can I just say this..." count?

Also, this man is a giant PR!CK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Exactly let him keep speaking here .... keep digging digging digging, let people know what a vile organisation he belongs to ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Inter-alia and trope.
    Dictionary, Joe?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

When you're in hole......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Rowing back there father are we?

So, bloke calls up to whitewash the home.
    Not enought paint to do the job, and just paints the outhouse, and fecks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Well, THAT 40 minutes flew in, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Altogether now, sing along..........."...Home instead, show you care, by locking them away......."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    So, bloke calls up to whitewash the home.
    Not enought paint to do the job, and just paints the outhouse, and fecks off.

The problem is though, that there are still loads of neighbours to say how well the home looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ray D'Arcy ****ting on about kids again.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Now after hearing that guy just imagine Ireland back the years with each parish full of his likes.....

can you imagine the control and frustration they caused....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Jackpot joe... tears before you even spoke to the lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

pilly wrote: »
    Have you been under a rock for the past week?

They know exactly how old each set of remains is. And they're on the site of he old home. Really?

No I haven't been under a rock. I would just like to wait to see the scientific evidence and proof of who was involved in the unorthodox disposal of the bodies before anyone gets convicted.

new record for tears !! this woman should obviously bot be on the radio :(

• Advertisement

jaysus ****ing christ ... it's terrible and all , but this doesn't help ..

No I haven't been under a rock. I would just like to wait to see the scientific evidence and proof of who was involved in the unorthodox disposal of the bodies before anyone gets convicted.

Okay Fr Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Joe has hit the grief motherlode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

That the quickest tears ever?? Joe's cleaning up a mess now hence the silence

where was this womans family, though?

Sureky they must bear some responsibility/

She sounds upper class so where were her parents?

Feck's sake - some dogs and cats were treated better than some kids, back then.
    Actually, that's still true.

In most cases, it was the parents who consigned their pregnant daughters to these homes. Their treatment was appalling but their families bear a huge amount of the blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Okay Fr Paul.

What im trying to point out is that we need to identify those responsible by actual evidence. Can you not understand that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

where was this womans family, though?

Sureky they must bear some responsibility/

She sounds upper class so where were her parents?

I know woman who was put into a place in Cork in the 90s. She was 17. Her mother ordered her down their. The mother is a class A cnut.

100% snob & hated by everyone.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is terrible :(

"A boy was easier to get rid of" Jesus Christ. What a society.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

2smiggy wrote: »
    Jesus this is terrible :(

Absolutely brutal. God love her, it's heart-rending.

What im trying to point out is that we need to identify those responsible by actual evidence. Can you not understand that?

Well I think it's safe to say that the nuns themselves didn't physically put the remains of the poor unfortunate children in the septic tank/chamber but it had to have been done with their (the nuns) full knowledge and therefore, that makes them responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

baldbear wrote: »
    "A boy was easier to get rid of" Jesus Christ. What a society.

Its Our Holocaust. Seeing those 800 names last night filled me with tears and disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I usually come on here for the entertainment factor but this is so, so tragic. I hope this lady has lived a happy and peaceful life in between those years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Listening to Hook earlier,he won't read, look or listen to anything about Tuam as it's too sickening.....and then there's Joe !!!!

Well, I guess it's worth it just to destroy that apologist prick on before her ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Bodhran wrote: »
    In most cases, it was the parents who consigned their pregnant daughters to these homes. Their treatment was appalling but their families bear a huge amount of the blame.

Families, Church, State, Gardai, Employees of the home, the fathers of the Children.

They all have to take a share of the blame. Doubt anybody will have to pay.

Cardinal Sean Brady admitted to covering up child abuse and he still sits on the throne. That Cardinal Desmond Connell who dies a couple of weeks ago actually went to court to try to keep the whole thing hidden. he still lived the last of his days in luxury and got a full burial.

It'll all drag on till everybody is dead or "unable to stand trial due to illness" and it'll die with them in their graves.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Families, Church, State, Gardai, Employees of the home, the fathers of the Children.

They all have to take a share of the blame. Doubt anybody will have to pay.

Cardinal Sean Brady admitted to covering up child abuse and he still sits on the throne. That Cardinal Desmond Connell who dies a couple of weeks ago actually went to court to try to keep the whole thing hidden. he still lived the last of his days in luxury and got a full burial.

It'll all drag on till everybody is dead or "unable to stand trial due to illness" and it'll die with them in their graves.

Sean Brady should be in jail. A Piece of filth. The church think they are only answerable to god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Listening to Hook earlier,he won't read, look or listen to anything about Tuam as it's too sickening.....and then there's Joe !!!!

I'm not a fan of Joe Duffy, but these stories HAVE to be told and he's provided an outlet to that woman. Ignoring or silencing these experiences was part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Well I think we all should be looking & listening about Tuam & probably other places, as the above is how its been hidden for so long, imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

Caller: "I'd never been to Cork before in moi loife"
    Joe: "My God"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

bloody religion! A closed system where terrible things happen.

Bodhran wrote: »
    Well I think it's safe to say that the nuns themselves didn't physically put the remains of the poor unfortunate children in the septic tank/chamber but it had to have been done with their (the nuns) full knowledge and therefore, that makes them responsible.

Why is safe to say any such thing?

Ironically, if she'd had her kid on the Underground, she and he would have been far better off.

Are any of the nuns alive?

Why is safe to say any such thing?

Well I think I read that there was a heavy concrete lid on the chamber.

Don't know which old rich man is worse. :mad: Neither has a clue in fairness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Basta*ds, every last priest, nun, guard, family member who did this to these women and children. Fooking basta*ds every last one of them, hope they die/died roaring. I don't want to listen but can't turn off, she deserves to be heard.
    RIP William and all the other babas

she paints a different picture to that priest that was on earlier

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement