Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Why is Duffy being so rude to this man. Is he feeling challenged as he sees himself as the authority on dead children?

Maybe I misheard, but if has written a book on the Tuam babies and called it 'Achtung Babies', then he deserves to be put in public stocks and given no mercy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I tend to listen on the podcast and look up the comments here, reading and listening on the way home. I can normally tell how good  de Lahvlahne was by the number of pages on here. Anything less than twenty usually points to a poor offering. Today? 4.5 pages. Complete muck. Hopefully he will give it up soon. I am always listening in the hope that that Dutch hippie supporter of Ming Flanagan, who had his homegrown weed stolen by travellers, phones back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

absolute loon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

absolute loon

Joe or the caller?

Valid question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Where was her husband while all this was going on?

down the pub, probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

I was listening in the car yesterday and couldn't post.
    The lady that was on looking for her twin babies that were born in St. Finbarrs hospital in Cork mentioned that she wondered if they had been buried in someone else's coffin. Well, I remember a few years ago that a man who had worked for an undertakers in Cork told a local radio station that he would regularly be given a dead baby when he went to collect a dead adult from the hospital, the baby was to be put into the adult coffin and both would be buried together. This would be done without the knowledge of the dead persons family, I think she referred to it as "Piggybacking" or something. Perhaps this might explain where a lot of "Missing" babies ended up? I don't expect there to be any official record of this, and as such would be impossible to establish where the babies would have ended up, its just so sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will any government officials face the law as to how the dodgy cash for babies adoptions of the time were being facilitated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Will any government officials face the law as to how the dodgy cash for babies adoptions of the time were being facilitated?

Nope. Most are retired and/or dead.

Michael Woods, the Minister who made the dodgy deal wit hthe Church to limit their liability to £100 million is sitting at home sucking on a fat pension, which is fairly indicative of how things work out here.
    While serving as Minister for Education, Woods signed a controversial agreement with 18 Irish religious orders involved in child sex-abuse scandals which limited their compensation liability to the victims of abuse to only €128 million. This compensation scheme is projected to eventually cost the Irish government €1.35 billion. The agreement was signed just before the 2002 general election, and consequently was not laid before the cabinet for its approval. It then remained unpublished for several months.

In 2003, after brokering the deal, Woods claimed his strong Catholic faith made him the most suitable person to negotiate the deal.[4] He also denied allegations that he was a member of Opus Dei or the Knights of Saint Columbanus after the group Survivors of Child Abuse alleged he was a member of the former.[4]

After the publication of the report of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse (CICA), Woods defended the deal; he claimed the Department of Education and Science had the management role in the schools in question and that the state knew all the details when making the deal.[5] Mary Raftery criticised his remarks, pointing out that some of them contradicted remarks made by Woods himself.[5]

I see the TD's are committed to the cause. This is a fcuking joke. No doubt Duffy will have a go at them from the pulpit today.

https://www.facebook.com/Independent.ie/videos/10155184232663470/

• Advertisement
    M

Red Kev wrote: »
    Michael Woods, the Minister who made the dodgy deal wit hthe Church to limit their liability to £100 million is sitting at home sucking on a fat pension, which is fairly indicative of how things work out here.

He will get a Ministerial role in heaven for his works down on earth so to speak :pac:

M

I see the TD's are committed to the cause. This is a fcuking joke. No doubt Duffy will have a go at them from the pulpit today.

https://www.facebook.com/Independent.ie/videos/10155184232663470/

Friday is a bad choice of day for the debate, most TD's go for after "work" drinks so to speak of a Thursday.

Friday is a bad choice of day for the debate, most TD's go for after "work" drinks so to speak of a Thursday.

That was yesterday afternoon. They've all got time to rant on local radio about this but don't have the time to show a bit of Solidarity in the Dail for one debate.

Pathetic really.

M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 49
    Joe Shows: 42
    No Show Joe Shows: 7
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 7
    AN Udder Shows: 0

Duffy gone again the country lad is stepping in

M

T'day, it's a no Joe show, Damo in...
    De Tuam babies home.
    Bad compensation deal agreed by Michael Woods esquire

I shall not be listening today, I have 8 root canals I will get done instead in one sitting for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Duffy gone again the country lad is stepping in

What a week I picked to give up sniffing glue :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Duffy gone again the country lad is stepping in[/QUOTE
    He just oozes dopiness this guy , one of those happy dopey fools who go around smiling at everyone because they don't think very deeply about anything .

Hitchens wrote: »
    What a week I picked to give up sniffing glue :o

Joe:Wat colour is de glue so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

don't think this is a subject for Damo, I was hoping he would move on to some thing else, anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Can't believe they're letting Damo cover this.... he'll be like the proverbial bull in a china chop. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Oops69 wrote: »
    Duffy gone again the country lad is stepping in[/QUOTE
    He just oozes dopiness this guy , one of those happy dopey fools who go around smiling at everyone because they don't think very deeply about anything .

You bad bad bad bostik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

monja-joven-que-fuma-59373186.jpg

Joe: And a wonderful, fantastic Fianna Fail Minister he was too so to speak. in fact they're all wonderful and fantastic de Fianna Fail men...and women too of course...so to speak.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sister Therese you can fook right off if you stood by in your order and let women and children be treated like that. You are just as evil as their families by standing by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Here's the other side.
    "It was hard, really hard, running a concentration camp prison mother and baby home back in those days.
    Sure, didn't most of them survive?"
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Even with her first two words she sends a shiver down my spine , like a concentration camp guard for a Jew .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Popcorn time, carry on lads/lassies

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd say these two reckon the hollocaust never happened either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Where the feck is fateen?

Where the feck is fateen?

Off for some therapy and to drain the misery overload.

• Advertisement

These two cnuts will wipe the floor with damo .... that might be why he's in today .

stone cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This is the only time I would miss Joe. He wouldn't put up with this nonsense

My blood is boiling I don't think I'll be able to listen

Yeah 'sadness' you sound like it really affected you

was there no humanity back then?

hopefully she get savaged

edit not going to happen

is this why Joe is off, free reign for the Nuns and sympathisers to say what they want ?

Those girls would have been better on the streets than those bitc*es looking after them.

• Advertisement

it was because of the church that families felt shame :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

If 'twas tough inside ...'twould have been as tough or tougher outside.

We should look after the brother and sisters how they looked after those young vulnerable women. Oh wait that'd be elder abuse!

maybe the devil arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

lying cow..

I hope someone rings in who crossed paths with Sister Catherine at the time and can tell her these aren't exaggerations

• Advertisement

maybe the devil arrived

Wearing a habit

Go on yersel' missus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

pc7 wrote: »
    Wearing a habit

Good one :)

Nice one