Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Oops69 wrote: »
    Nice one

yeah. Good girl Lou. my feelings exactly.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Lost her for a second"

In other words the producer was having a word in her ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

2smiggy wrote: »
    no nuns are going to stay on the air while Lou is still talking

Of course they won't because they're just too cowardly to admit the truth. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭boardise

Frustrated camogie player on the rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Taken there as they were a bad influence on the rest of the women in the parish.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It's so wrong and so shameful, those poor women and babies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

is this why Joe is off, free reign for the Nuns and sympathisers to say what they want ?

No, I'd be guessing that Duffy knew the Church would be fighting back today.

And if we know about thing about Joe, he has a soft spot at heart for the 'poor priests and nuns'.

So I'd be thinking he'd prefer not to have to ask too many awkward questions directly to them............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

411434.JPG

Sister Catherine and her comrades

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice that ex Sr.Catherine sounds uncannily like Catherine McGuiness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what's going on with this story , he's just rambling now. feel sorry for him, but this is just incoherent rambling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Very powerful speech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

what's going on with this story , he's just rambling now. feel sorry for him, but this is just incoherent rambling

Respectfully, I don't agree that he's rambling. There's a strong narrative thread to what he's talking about. Powerful stuff.

<shrug>
    "It wasn't us, honest. Dunno what yer talking about, guv."
    http://politico.ie/archive/child-abuse-st-josephs-we-were-not-responsible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Thanks to the person who rang me."

So he didn't call in himself. Cavan. Maybe Damo knew his story already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

For once Im liking LL dragging a topic out ... get it exposed as much as possible, especially when some RCC Snake comes on LYING , only to be totally found out by the next caller(s).

Good man Hugh. You do know what you're talking about and it's good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Kenny is all talk......well I couldn't agree more....another one of these people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Such was the power of the RC Church and other Religious Institutions that the lay person shat themselves - the religious institutions ruled the roost, and still do to a certain degree

To topple the RC church in Ireland - get more than the 13% owed - first thing? Take the "charitable status" that the revenue commissioners afford them. Pay up or this charitabe status goes IMMEDIATELY - like that's gonna happen

Kenny is all talk......well I couldn't agree more....another one of these people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

He's just biding his time to go to Europe with his mate Phil Hogan, they dont give a **** about Ireland - The DO NOTHING government. Useless pathetic government

If Duffy was on he'd be like "ah now ah now you can't say they were like the nazis" even if they were

vicwatson wrote: »
    He's just biding his time to go to Europe with his mate Phil Hogan, they dont give a **** about Ireland - The DO NOTHING government. Useless pathetic government

Enda Kenny has spoken out strongly about the excesses of the church but I think it's beyond his power to do much more than that. The Catholic church in this country is still a very powerful institution with international backup. You don't topple an organisation that has developed over centuries in a few weeks or months. Ultimately, it's up to the public to abandon them or otherwise. As long as people continue to go to mass, get baptised, marry and have funerals there - we are complicit in supporting them.

Phil Hogan. Cannot stand the loudmouth.

• Advertisement

This reminds me of the councillor from Clonmel who spoke on John Bowman one night. There was a certain amount of denial in the room that night and a "shure, it's all in the past" attitude. He then spoke very powerfully and i think when FF saw one of their own speaking they had no choice but to be seen to do something.

There's still a cover up of sorts going on. If we had wanted, legislation would have been introduced a couple of decades ago and a lot of people would have been assigned to investigate this, but it was left up to the work of one woman to keep this story going. Makes me fcuking sick.

EDIT: Here's the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

12 or 14 ... 13 id say !! :D

I like it ... go for the average !!

As long as people continue to go to mass, get baptised, marry and have funerals there - we are complicit in supporting them.

Speak for yourself ;):D

They were 'bad, bad bastards'. May the people who treated Hugh like this rot in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

This lad has more war stories than Uncle Albert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I was listening to this in the car. I think this caller is mixing fact and fiction. I didn't believe the bit about his grandfather wanting to take him and his mother home but Paddy Hillary stopped them..............complete nonsense.

Red Kev wrote: »
    This reminds me of the councillor from Clonmel who spoke on John Bowman one night. There was a certain amount of denial in the room that night and a "shure, it's all in the past" attitude. He then spoke very powerfully and i think when FF saw one of their own speaking they had no choice but to be seen to do something.

There's still a cover up of sorts going on. If we had wanted, legislation would have been introduced a couple of decades ago and a lot of people would have been assigned to investigate this, but it was left up to the work of one woman to keep this story going. Makes me fcuking sick.

EDIT: Here's the video

Ah Noel Demspey - back lecturing us why we have to pay for water - how much pension Noel?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I was listening to this in the car. I think this caller is mixing fact and fiction. I didn't believe the bit about his grandfather wanting to take him and his mother home but Paddy Hillary stopped them..............complete nonsense.

He has all the documents

Enda Kenny has spoken out strongly about the excesses of the church but I think it's beyond his power to do much more than that. The Catholic church in this country is still a very powerful institution with international backup. You don't topple an organisation that has developed over centuries in a few weeks or months. Ultimately, it's up to the public to abandon them or otherwise. As long as people continue to go to mass, get baptised, marry and have funerals there - we are complicit in supporting them.

It's totally within the power of Kenny and the cabal in the Dail to do something about it, but they simply don't have the balls to stand up to them.

The people have spoken, just look at the numbers who attend Mass compared to 25 years ago. But the silence from the majority of those in Leinster House is deafening here.

Kenny is the 5th Taoiseach after Reynolds, Bruton, Ahern and Cowan to do nothing about child sex abuse in the Church. I don't hold out much hope for the next one. They know which side their bread is buttered on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

He has all the documents

He says...?.

This caller seems to have gotten over it quick enough

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He says...?.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

Another case where the woman's mother shifted them into a home.

I know a girl who went to England for an abortion and her Father was never told by her Mother to this day, it only happened about 15 years ago, at all costs the Father was not told, even though knowing him it would have more than likely never made a difference to him but the Mother never wanted to upset the apple cart, him being the breadwinner and all that, she also created a house environment where the children were seen but never heard, the father never involved himself in the upbringing in the environment created by the Mother and her only. Very sad. Spending years trying to make it up to the kids now using the grandchildren to release her guilt :o

That's a big fat NO then - what a bint

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    The people have spoken, just look at the numbers who attend Mass compared to 25 years ago. But the silence from the majority of those in Leinster House is deafening here.

Look at the very large numbers who get married in the church, who get their children baptised and confirmed through the school system. Look at the large numbers who turn to the church for family funerals.

Even disgusted callers to this programme have called for the exhumation of the children in Tuam and burial in CONSECRATED ground. So the church is still supported by the public at large.

Yer man Hugh was the most genuine person I've heard talking to date on the whole subject. Not just in his outright condemnation of how he and others were treated but in how he has adjusted to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Did Darcy not learn how to use the gear yet??????????????? :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

You have to speak in to the microphone Ray, you clown.

Look at the very large numbers who get married in the church, who get their children baptised and confirmed through the school system. Look at the large numbers who turn to the church for family funerals.

Even disgusted callers to this programme have called for the exhumation of the children in Tuam and burial in CONSECRATED ground. So the church is still supported by the public at large.

Ah yes, the a la carte catholics.

My son had a yewmanist wedding. Been at a couple of family funeralds where there was no religious in sight, so to speak. Slowly slowly slowly these religious will fade away.....

If the pope visits next year hundreds of thousands will turn out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ye're being talked about on Playback right now!

He won't be happy about this being in the papers. And I don't mean the photo, of which he threw a well known tantrum before.

Today's Indo.

DSC_0003_zps4wcgrcqi.jpg

• Advertisement

He won't like that, at all.
    "That should be private," he fumed over a glass of Chateau Margaux 2009 Balthazar. "What business is it of the public what their licence money is spent on? I trust in the good sense and mature business acumen displayed by the management of RTE as to how best to reward the talent in their organisation."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement