Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was that said? I'm only half-listening so to speak.......

Yes Damo said he would be back tomorrow...He didn't say "so to speak" though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PauloMN wrote: »
    If ever you wondered what a spoofer sounds like, now you know!

There's always a spoofer on RTE1 between 1:45-3. Usually (and by usually i mean for 40 weeks of the year so to speak) it's de host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Care in the Community, eh?
    Such a noble concept.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Wat colour Air Max was de unwell wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Never forget how useless and lazy the gardai are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

double assault and no arrest ffs:mad::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Am I the only one that thinks these methodone junkies should be rounded up and pushed into tthe Liffey.

Im not a violent person but they're ruining the city.

Gardai never arrested them WTF??

double assault and no arrest ffs:mad::rolleyes:

Dubble civil matters so to speak.

Wat colour Air Max was de unwell wearing?
    Got them down the bootsale.
    addadis1.jpg?w=300&h=216

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Got them down the bootsale.
    addadis1.jpg?w=300&h=216

Joe: adidis, adidat, adidem, adidose so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

wont be buying anything in Currys PC Wurtled after that

M

Who rode her so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

+1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Liveline will tear the arse out of this until Joe's summer break.

M

Cash for babies you could call it too.

A couple of years ago I was walking on O'Connell Street circa 7:45 in the morning on a weekday when 2 x unwell persons attempted to take my laptop case from me. It was laughable as they were practically comatose yet standing, and were I to push them with one finger they would have fallen down. I walked on a few hundred feet to the corner of Abbey Street and O'Connell Street where I saw 2 Gardai. I told them what had happened and suggested they might have a word with them to prevent a recurrence with someone less able to defend themselves shall we say. Their response? "Ah shure they'll be gone by the time we get up there". I was in a rush so walked off shaking my head to which I got a smart comment "What are you shaking your head for?", which I ignored. It was probably too far for said Garda to walk up to me and ask me about my daring petulance.

True story.

Dodgy old doings, indeed.
    You could end up marrying your sister, after these kind of shenanigans.

Dodgy old doings, indeed.
    You could end up marrying your sister, after these kind of shenanigans.

Pics or GTFO.
    :D

• Advertisement
    M

Did he ever ask his adopted parents how did they do the original deal to get him, was it money or what?

Pics or GTFO.
    :D

pete%2Band%2Bmyka%2Bwarehouse%2B13.jpg

pete%2Band%2Bmyka%2Bwarehouse%2B13.jpg

I don't get the reference so to speak.

I don't get the reference so to speak.
    Tenuous, but best I can do at short notice...
    http://www.warpedfactor.com/2016/02/geek-couples-myka-and-pete.html

M

From de Ewe Ess.

Holocaust?
    Me arse.

• Advertisement
    M

Could his name be Georgie Burgess?

Tenuous, but best I can do at short notice...
    http://www.warpedfactor.com/2016/02/geek-couples-myka-and-pete.html

I see so to speak.

Wasn't there a brother-sister love thing on Fair City for a while with de woman who featured on an Avonmore Milk Ad?

Oh Joe will be on the horn now wit mention of De Fillum Fillum-meena.

M

Philomena or The Snapper, which fillum would be better to show to a child who doesn't know who their fadder is?

M

Finishing up way too early Damo, you have 3 mins left.

• Advertisement

Philomena or The Snapper, which fillum would be better to show to a child who doesn't know who their fadder is?

The Van.

Dis wan so to speak:
    MV5BODE2OTkwODQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1_UY1200_CR162,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Dis wan so to speak:
    MV5BODE2OTkwODQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1_UY1200_CR162,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
    I can see how. :D

I can see how. :D

That's gebuinely the best picture I've ever seen of her, dee udders were less flattering so to speak. She's doin' de Blue Steel dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I missed today's show, is it worth a podcast, I really fancy some outrage or indignation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RustyNut wrote: »
    I missed today's show, is it worth a podcast, I really fancy some outrage or indignation.

If the first half is anything to go by, I wouldn't bother.

RustyNut wrote: »

No caller, don't waste your time - unless you have trouble sleeping.

D'Omen was handed a row on a plate but managed to completely diffuse it whereas Joe would have broken d'internet, boards and de twitter masheen all in wan go wit the potential de topic had. I think D'Omen simply bored de fight out of de two callers so to speak.

M

Speaking of de childers born outside the wedlock and that I see Eamo Casey passed away today lord rest him so to speak, I suppose Joe will do the full show about him tomorrow.

T'day...back to olden days topics, wohoo
    Inshurdance company gone bust DISCUSSED
    Callers who bought wedding videos but never got them NOT DISCUSSED TODAY BOSS SO TO SPEAK
    United Ireland prospects, should there be a poll NOT DISCUSSED TODAY BOSS SO TO SPEAK
    Adopted babies and de homes.DISCUSSED

50% hit rate, that's way above Joe's batting average in fairness. Can D'Omen keep it up (FNAR! FNAR!) so to speak?

Speaking of de childers born outside the wedlock and that I see Eamo Casey passed away today lord rest him so to speak, I suppose Joe will do the full show about him tomorrow.

He confirmed me so to speak (if that's the correct expression?). I then made my mother me muuder cry* when I asked her wit me tongue in me cheek so to speak was I really confirmed as de Bishop was a baby daddy so to speak.

*she was long past the days of caring wat de Catalick Church did at that stage so to speak, but she did say to be careful where I said that out loud so to speak. Sign 'O De Toymes so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,873 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I can beat you there Butters. He introduced my parents to each other, baptised me when he was a priest and confirmed me when he was a bishop.

*Awaits call from Joe's army of researchers*

I can beat you there Butters. He introduced my parents to each other, baptised me when he was a priest and confirmed me when he was a bishop.

Are you from Gaillimh* so to speak?

*Note use of Koopla F_ckle when addressing someone from de Whest of Ireland a la Joe so to speak.

I am indeed. Born in England though, hence Father Casey pouring the water on me so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

You sure he didn't father you either caller? :p

He was a randy old bugger Casey. He got a slap in the face off a good friend of my mother's one day for an un-clergymanlike* advance on her posterior. He had good taste mind, as the friend of my mudder was a hell of a looker in her day.

*Although from what we know now, it was more like par for the course for the clergymen of the time. 'Twas far removed from mitching off to see a Dana concert they were with the 'oul antics like that.

I suppose Duffy will be torn between the Tuam babies and the former Bishop of Galway (which is under the Diocese that covers Tuam IIRC) who was a rogue - but what do you expect from a Kerryman.

Will Casey's good mate Fr Michael Cleary get a mention, he being the former PP of Ballyfermot. Of course hi behaviour of making a woman pregnant and her having to give the child up for adoption is all to familiar to us at the moment. Crazy world.
    Three weeks after his death in December 1993 (from throat cancer), when they were therefore no longer liable to be prosecuted for defamation, The Phoenix, a national news magazine, published an article alleging that Cleary had fathered a child, Ross Hamilton, with Phyllis Hamilton, who had worked as his longtime housekeeper. This claim was subsequently repeated and it was suggested it was confirmed by DNA analysis. The remaining Cleary family who volunteered to provide their own DNA refused to acknowledge the boy, nor has any DNA evidence been forthcoming or provided by any of the claimed children.[1] The Cleary family have also disputed claims that he had fathered two boys ( both having the same mother Phyllis Hamilton who it is claimed also had a girl during this time by another trainee priest) and said they were in possession of blood tests and affidavits from two men who claimed to be the boys' fathers but apparently none of these were ever produced.[3]

Cleary allegedly had a secret 26-year relationship with Hamilton that started in the 1960s when she was 17 and he was about 34.[4] They allegedly had two sons, the first given up for adoption and the second they allegedly raised together.[5] Hamilton was later supported by psychiatrist Dr Ivor Browne, who also publicised her story with her consent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'd be leaning towards a box set of the original Dallas for starters for an educational slant, then on to the current series. From Jock to John Ross jnr and all the women inbetween.

Fadders come in all shapes and sizes, good fadders, bad fadders, rich fadders and poor fadders...don't forget dat.

Red Kev wrote: »
    You sure he didn't father you either caller? :p

He was a randy old bugger Casey. He got a slap in the face off a good friend of my mother's one day

He gave me a slap in the face once but I think it was part of the ceremony so to speak.

I'm not religious but I always had time for Eamo.

I am indeed. Born in England though, hence Father Casey pouring the water on me so to speak.

I went to school in Gaillimh. We possibly/probably know each other......and here we are now reunited in our admiration for Ireland's best broadcaster/writer/actor/artist/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I feel the reaction to Bishop Eamon Casey's death is similar to Charlie Haughey's passing. Two majorly controversial figures of the 90's, who did their fair share of wrong but also did some good during their lifetimes too.

Casey was wrong to use church funds but at least he tried to financially support his son. Such a shame that the church still doesn't have the cop-on to allow priests to marry, I believe we'd have a far better church if priests could form relationships and experience life's ups and downs like the rest of us.

Had chats with quite a few people last night who had interactions with the bould Bishop over the years.
    Not one had a bad word to say about him, only great stories.
    Duffy('s researchers) will really have to wheel out the Petal Brigade if he wants to start a controversy today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They're having a collection for Eamonn Casey's family outside churches this Sunday. Please give generously....for Pete's sake....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement