Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Caller knows how to talk. and talk. and talk talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Free electricity in Mary's house you say?

electrical-wires-seen-dangling-over-a-house-at-chandni-chowk-on-july-picture-id482902668

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

"If your gonna have free travel - fund it properly" - eh cut the funding?

They want to bring in cheaper drivers from furrinland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

This lad knows who butters his bread - the pensioners.

Sure the buses would be empty only for the free travel.

Maybe a driver found a dead pensioner on a bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

don't believe you mrs

My 90 year old aunt was THROWN off the bus, Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

Joe running out of time.

it's under the bus joe - ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe?

People complaining about abuse of system.

People complaining about checks on abuse of system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Not really hard to see why BE is in trouble if this is the caliber of drivers they have. Just drive the fukin yoke and smile yez grumpy #######

Joe said Mark Fitzgerald in Wahterfurd earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Joe clearing the air with the drivers in case of impending court cases!!!!

Tom- "at this stage joe I couldn't give a ffffff .....ffff..iddlers"
    Joe - draws breath

That was entertaining. And no deaths at all.

snubbleste wrote: »
    That was entertaining. And no deaths at all.
    best craic in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭ooter

My 90 year old aunt was THROWN off the bus, Joe

That was a strange story, the driver supposedly said to the old lady that she was wearing the same coat the day before, surely then he knew she had a pass. If it's true that driver was a right cnut.

• Advertisement

damienirel wrote: »
    Sure the buses would be empty only for the free travel.
    I got the bus from Dublin to Nenagh saturday week at 4.30. Roughly 30 people got on at busarus. I'd say 10 paid. By the time we got to Portlaoise there were only 4 left. 3 more got off at Nenagh which left 1 for the last leg to Limerick

ooter wrote: »
    That was a strange story, the driver supposedly said to the old lady that she was wearing the same coat the day before, surely then he knew she had a pass. If it's true that driver was a right cnut.
    But then the woman said that she never carried a pass in case she lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 13
    Joe Shows: 13
    No Show Joe Shows: 0
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 0
    AN Udder Shows: 0

This guy has the worst attitude ever.. If he worked for a private company he would be fired. If he hates his job that much then he should just leave the place.
    Joe would never leave. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I work in Irish Rail and I have to say that I broadly agree with that bus drivers sentiment. The free travel scheme is utterly bonkers.

I know people who travel 7 days a week just for something to do that have never paid a penny for it in their lives. They are getting for free something that costs our yearly commuter pass holders about €3500 per annum and they are just bollicksing around rather than actually traveling with a purpose. Imagine having to stand for the entire duration of your commute after a 9 hour work day because your seat is taken up by John Joe who is making his daily pointless pilgrimage to Heuston.

Add to that the fact that 99.9% of incidents of antisocial behavior involve people on free travel because it is part of the "unwell starter kit". Think about that the next time your train/bus is delayed because it is waiting for the Gardai to arrive. I've also seen carriages have to be locked off because some charming FTP user has decided to vomit/urinate all over the seats.

Barring people from using services is actually quiet difficult because it involves court and they will usually pull the "disadvantaged" card so it'll be a waste of time for the company to take action.

Same goes for the removal of passes for fraudulent use. They'll just ring up the social /local TD and have it restored in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I work in Irish Rail and I have to say that I broadly agree with that bus drivers sentiment. The free travel scheme is utterly bonkers.

I know people who travel 7 days a week just for something to do that have never paid a penny for it in their lives. They are getting for free something that costs our yearly commuter pass holders about €3500 per annum and they are just bollicksing around rather than actually traveling with a purpose. Imagine having to stand for the entire duration of your commute after a 9 hour work day because your seat is taken up by John Joe who is making his daily pointless pilgrimage to Heuston.

Add to that the fact that 99.9% of incidents of antisocial behavior involve people on free travel because it is part of the "unwell starter kit". Think about that the next time your train/bus is delayed because it is waiting for the Gardai to arrive. I've also seen carriages have to be locked off because some charming FTP user has decided to vomit/urinate all over the seats.

Barring people from using services is actually quiet difficult because it involves court and they will usually pull the "disadvantaged" card so it'll be a waste of time for the company to take action.

Same goes for the removal of passes for fraudulent use. They'll just ring up the social /local TD and have it restored in a few weeks.

Typical Irish Rail employee comment - if it wasn't for the passengers we would be a great little company altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

did Joe just say high flying toilet

Blue Ice.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Typical Irish Rail employee comment - if it wasn't for the passengers we would be a great little company altogether.
    Agree. What is it to the drivers -they get paid don't they. Their job is to drive the bus. Plenty paying passengers take up seats by paying for one and putting bag on the one beside them.

The first man was the most ignorant i have heard . He does not know if someone who seems health has any number of medical conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Del.Monte wrote: »

I had to call both an ambulance and the Garda for a group of 6 "unwell" people just this evening, all on free travel.

One fella took a fit because he was dosed up to the eyeballs and some woman who was with him started a full on brawl between the rest of them over who's "fault" it was. Both the Garda and ambulance crew said they were all repeat customers and there wasn't much they could do about them.

This is the human refuse that the free travel scheme has decided to allow have free unlimited, anywhere, anytime access to the public transport network. Bear that in mind the next time you pay for your bus/train fare, experience antisocial behavior or get stuck at an intermediate station waiting for the cops/ambulance to remove someone from a vehicle.

I have friends in the police and ambulance services and they have the same opinions on what should be done with this sector of society as me. If I went into detail about it it would get me banned but pretty much anyone who actually has to deal with them on a daily basis has the same opinion.

I don't actually mind my job outside of this factor. Just not big on constant verbal abuse and threats of violence against me and my family from the so called "vulnerable in our society".

I go into work to do a customer service job, not get constant hassle and death threats from scobes who realize that there are no real consequences to any of the negative actions they take in their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

today on the Liveline, so to speak.

1) The Liveline "researchers" have lined Joe with a caller in Duffy's Irish bar in Washingron state. (on the west coast of the USA).

2) henry healy reveals that he's related to Trump as well, just lodged planning permission for a Donald Trump Plaza in the midlands.

• Advertisement

Montrose is very empty today seeing as there's a good crowd of them off to Washington on our tab.

Remarkable professionalism seeing as they have never hidden their outright hatred for Trump. Such martyrdom needs to be rewarded with 20-40% wage hikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Red Kev wrote: »
    Montrose is very empty today

Someone better be keeping an eye on Home Sweet Home and Brendan Ogle.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Montrose is very empty today seeing as there's a good crowd of them off to Washington on our tab.

Remarkable professionalism seeing as they have never hidden their outright hatred for Trump. Such martyrdom needs to be rewarded with 20-40% wage hikes.
    Never miss the opportunity for a good junket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

wonder did joe approach rte with the idea of a funny friday in washington. free junket for the lads to washington would probably use up the junket money for trips to rooral ireland for the rest of the year

neris wrote: »
    wonder did joe approach rte with the idea of a funny friday in washington. free junket for the lads to washington would probably use up the junket money for trips to rooral ireland for the rest of the year
    Probably no train station there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

sligojoek wrote: »
    Probably no train station there.

oh yeah travel passes dont work on aer lingus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I had to call both an ambulance and the Garda for a group of 6 "unwell" people just this evening, all on free travel.

One fella took a fit because he was dosed up to the eyeballs and some woman who was with him started a full on brawl between the rest of them over who's "fault" it was. Both the Garda and ambulance crew said they were all repeat customers and there wasn't much they could do about them.

This is the human refuse that the free travel scheme has decided to allow have free unlimited, anywhere, anytime access to the public transport network. Bear that in mind the next time you pay for your bus/train fare, experience antisocial behavior or get stuck at an intermediate station waiting for the cops/ambulance to remove someone from a vehicle.

I have friends in the police and ambulance services and they have the same opinions on what should be done with this sector of society as me. If I went into detail about it it would get me banned but pretty much anyone who actually has to deal with them on a daily basis has the same opinion.

I don't actually mind my job outside of this factor. Just not big on constant verbal abuse and threats of violence against me and my family from the so called "vulnerable in our society".

I go into work to do a customer service job, not get constant hassle and death threats from scobes who realize that there are no real consequences to any of the negative actions they take in their lives.

Spot on last year up in dublin scrote gave abuse to wife was about to box him in the head but security came and threw the piece of sht off.
    Later that day baby scrotes hurled vile racist abuse at a young black girl she got off crying they delighted with this then in evening mammy scrote takes out naggin already wrecked and then sits on top of elderly american tourist me and another guy pulled her up que violent abuse she staggered off next station. They are literrally scum. I wonder where the sjws are with the black girl incident they are a joke una mullany frets on topic for a while but later tweets on how omig she got eletric picnic vip tickets

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Nothing should be fully free, be it a medical card or travel pass. A nominal fee of even 50c should be charged. I don't care if you are 80 and worked all your life. A nominal fee stops abuse and puts a value on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Expunge

I'm very impressed with the term "Unwell Starter Kit".

As well as the Free Travel Pass and the Medical Card, what else would be in it.

A selection of soiled tracksuits, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Expunge wrote: »
    I'm very impressed with the term "Unwell Starter Kit".

As well as the Free Travel Pass and the Medical Card, what else would be in it.

A selection of soiled tracksuits, perhaps?

Spoon, lemon juice and tin foil....know locally as "me wuuurks" as "in I have the gear, alls I need now is me wuurks...any smokes...mad buzz....off me poxy rocker...." so to speak

Fateen is going to go into meltdown today over trump 100 pc guaranteed he will be "triggered" as they say and he will have to go to his safe space le octarvian restaurant where he will talk about social housing with una while eating a starter that cost 75e

M

Two day.
    Bus Eireann strike and de free travel

M

Fateen is going to go into meltdown today over trump 100 pc guaranteed he will be "triggered" as they say and he will have to go to his safe space le octarvian restaurant where he will talk about social housing with una while eating a starter that cost 75e

Yes he's a pure democracy denier.

Yes when you think my dad could not watch ireland beating all blacks because the rte did not have funds for it while paying hospital dj and sigh button malfunction farcy huge sums a great wee little country

I do be do be do be verbosing often so to speak and I love youse Lahvlanhers on de boards
    GGFRnkL.gif?1

• Advertisement

I do be do be do be verbosing often so to speak and I love youse Lahvlanhers on de boards
    GGFRnkL.gif?1
    Thanks. Those wobbly jowels just put me right off my lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Ban served, so available for selection again, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Thanks. Those wobbly jowels just put me right off my lunch.

Which ones? So many to choose from......
    Joe will eat the leftovers btw if you couldn't finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ban served, so available for selection again, so to speak.

What did you do so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Waiting for the first "entitled" of the day .......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement