Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I hope it's some old farmer geezer who likes the simpler things in life, when he gets the winnings he can go down the local tractor dealers and by the top of the range Massey Ferguson.

mf8700_gallery-main.jpg

and there'll surely be fighting then about the will . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Irish callers to de Babestation chat line were getting through to people in Westport, I can imagine some of de filthy conversations de poor peoples would be subjected to. The ladies of Babestation will visit Westport on Thursday to "show support", whatever that will mean, Ryanair style marketing me thinks...

http://www.thejournal.ie/babestation-mix-up-westport-3203474-Jan2017/

Joe might be more sympathetic than we think as he has a lot in common with de Babestation girls - they're both incredibly well remunerated for answering the phone, and they both have enormous boobs so to speak.
    tumblr_inline_msq15br9n51qz4rgp.jpg

He will hunt down that euromillions winner

It's prob. someone in RTE. Or a politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

I won the lotto lads !!!

3 numbers ... €7.70 ... :(

I won the lotto lads !!!

3 numbers ... €7.70 ... :(

Well done! Well done!

How did dat make you feeeeel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Cllr Traynor: "John came on with an opposing view and you attacked him straight away. "

Duffy (sarcastically): "Oh did I, okay".

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Contrary to popular belief a vagina in any clean or unclean state does not smell fishy and I'm speaking from experience,so to speak:p:p:D

blow up dolls don't count :p

Cllr Traynor: "John came on with an opposing view and you attacked him straight away. "

Duffy (sarcastically): "Oh did I, okay".

:mad::mad:

"Don't you be givin' me any of yer auld guff" came from that call and the absolutely hilarious "I'll calm down if you calm down" - when the only person who needed calming was de Duffmeister General. As I've oft said about Duffy, it's the tone he delivers his barbs with that say as much (if not more) about the man as his words do be do be do be do so to speak. He barked "I'll calm down if you calm down" at the Cllr., and the "Don't you be givin' me any of yer auld guff" was delivered with a snide-ness and suggested inferiority that were truly, truly disrespectful and certainly not becoming of a "professional" (:rolleyes:) experienced broadcaster. He frequently passes sarcastic comments and quips to and at those who dare to have a different opinion than his own. He cannot control his temper and the truth is there's a bit of the Ballyer Gurrier still left in him that he tries unsuccessfully to hide. He way be very wealthy, but he is a man devoid of class and basic manners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

What? Today's show wouldn't even make the top 1000 funniest/stupidest Lahv Lahn's ever.

THERE IS NOTHING FUNNIER ON RTE THAN LAHV LAHN (accompanied by this thread in real time so to speak).

Examples:

And there's loads more.

The only time De Lahv lahn isn't funny is FunnyFryday.

Was ya man still aroused while talking about the immodestly dressed women with crotchless briefs in Knock ? It sounded like he was..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Can't wait to listen to all these when I have decent internet connection!

pilly wrote: »
    Can't wait to listen to all these when I have decent internet connection!

Welcome aboard btw! You're in for a treat - "don't do de accent" :D is a personal favourite.

There's honestly loads more.

Two that spring the mind (but I don't have links to) were:
    1. the Limerick "lady" with her brand-specific shopping list of the items she wanted/demanded to be replaced by local businesses after her house burned down and she "forgot" to pay her insurance
    2. single mudder with multiple chislers giving out about her free apartment as it was on level 2 of the block. Cue male caller calling in telling her she maybe should have learned to keep her legs shut and she wouldn't have so many problems

Can any other boardsies offer more suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Jameson guy gave us a good half hour one day last year. He had a good go at Joe and his ilk and their wages/ fees. I don't think it ever made YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cue Joe making a pun about dirty ol town to connect to his first topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

T'day
    What happens when you pull the communications cord on de train, a fella pulled it so to speak and will tell us what happened.
    Those on jobseekers diverted to Turas Nua.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Welcome aboard btw! You're in for a treat - "don't do de accent" :D is a personal favourite.

There's honestly loads more.

Two that spring the mind (but I don't have links to) were:
    1. the Limerick "lady" with her brand-specific shopping list of the items she wanted/demanded to be replaced by local businesses after her house burned down and she "forgot" to pay her insurance
    2. single mudder with multiple chislers giving out about her free apartment as it was on level 2 of the block. Cue male caller calling in telling her she maybe should have learned to keep her legs shut and she wouldn't have so many problems

Can any other boardsies offer more suggestions?

There's some hilarious comments on here, I'm enjoying them.

Although I thought Bill from yesterday got a bit of tough ride. After listening back he had some very good points. I did end up thinking though "if Castletownbere has no jobs, no women, no social life then move out of it". Some people do want everything delivered to their doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

T'day
    What happens when you pull the communications cord on de train, a fella pulled it so to speak and will tell us what happened.
    But, but, but de researchers are putting out feelers on de twitter

https://twitter.com/Liveline_RTE/status/824180121754013698

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

T'day

"I Pulled the chain Joe and nothing happened", pun fest coming today I'd say :D:D

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    "I Pulled the chain Joe and nothing happened", pun fest coming today I'd say :D:D
    I pulled the chain, Joe, and the driver came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Bus Eireann looking for a bailout ....what happened to "let the market decide?"

M

Tubs was talking to a Babestation representative so to speak this morning, 3 of the ladies of the station will be in Westport tomorrow at 2pm. They want to meet Michael Ring, lol.

• Advertisement

Tubs was talking to a Babestation representative so to speak this morning, 3 of the ladies of the station will be in Westport tomorrow at 2pm. They want to meet Michael Ring, lol.

A bit of Ring polishing so - "so to speak"

Charlie Flanagan spoofing like a champ on the news at the moment, what a f*cking bluffer... :mad::mad:

M

I think nobody want to be Minister For Brexit because when the border goes up and it goes tits up they don't want to be the sole person responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Trumpington again.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Trump?
    Trump, again!!

On de EYEphone at the moment so to speak so can't do it myself but can someone post de bingo card for de newbie......I almost forgot about that...and me the creator of it and all and anyways so to speak says I moriya.

M

Joe now thinking illegal immegration is a great laugh, at the same time he would have no problem lashing in to Ryanair for the recent Aer Lingus immigrant tweets which I thought were gas.

On de EYEphone at the moment so to speak so can't do it myself but can someone post de bingo card for de newbie......I almost forgot about that...and me the creator of it and all and anyways so to speak says I moriya.
    It's sooooo out of date, caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Illegal Criminal on line 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

big red buuke

1986 , all recent, relevant topics and callers

• Advertisement
    M

No way will Joe touch the Aer Lingus story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Waiting for this guy to get to his point... joe happily ignoring that this guy was breaking the law...but sure isnt he a cute hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Who is this lad and what has 1986 got to do with today?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

We will get Trump every day for the 4 years of his presidency at this rate.

Who is this lad and what has 1986 got to do with today?

Dont know and sweet fook all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Clown admitting he broke US laws live on radio. Ah the priests involved again !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Joe now thinking illegal immegration is a great laugh, at the same time he would have no problem lashing in to Ryanair for the recent Aer Lingus immigrant tweets which I thought were gas.

Of course illegal immigrants are from other countries; the Irish are merely 'undocumented '. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a criminal boasting about his crimes

So the priest was a people trafficker?? :eek::eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

gave the priests euros, before they even existed !! what a man Frankie is

M

Is Joe trying to make the Aer Lingus employee people smuggling story seem harmless?

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's sooooo out of date, caller.

I know now how Joe duz feel with all de peeple criticising his art and dat......;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

What has this got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that's the Windsor route closed, thanks to this clown.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The way this clown is describing it you'd swear he was trying to get out of North Korea

• Advertisement

You gave him a thousand euros before they even existed?... you do sound like a guy thats frugal with the truth..cool story bro

What has this got to do with anything?
    Who knows.

7 and half foot tall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"I looked at her, she looked at me..."
    I thought that was going somewhere interesting. Alas no!

Is Joe trying to make the Aer Lingus employee people smuggling story seem harmless?

I'm not even listening so as per Lahv lahn rules I'm in the perfect position to comment, so, probably.

I'll confirm when I listen back to the podcast later so to speak. Until then, slán so to speak.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement