Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

was at the cinema so missed most of the show but caught the Trump bit at the end.

Gods is there ANYTHING more glorious than the miffed sound joe makes when he gets put in his box ?

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

This thread consistently has me in stitches laughing in work - i cant listen to our Dark Overlord at work.

I will get onto the union about it, just wanted to say tanks verhy much for the laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,552 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Parchment wrote: »
    This thread consistently has me in stitches laughing in work - i cant listen to our Dark Overlord at work.

I will get onto the union about it, just wanted to say tanks verhy much for the laughs.

Tell him your downing tools until they let you listen to your tranny so to speak, worked for de Dublin Bus drivers :D

Tell him your downing tools until they let you listen to your tranny so to speak, worked for de Dublin Bus drivers :D

Stop. Im actually wobbling from laughing in an open plan office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭mountain

I dont write the website, Im not responsible for it!!!!

Furious back pedaling by Joe, bet he will be having words with his "producers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

mountain wrote: »
    I dont write the website, Im not responsible for it!!!!

Furious back pedaling by Joe, bet he will be having words with his "producers"

Ahha forgot that briallant aka farcy and famous movie star fionn smashed him are you not in control of your own website lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Did Joe actually tell a caller to "butt out for a minute"? Must have a listen back:eek:

M

gonker wrote: »
    Did Joe actually tell a caller to "butt out for a minute"? Must have a listen back:eek:

He did, impartial host me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Joe forgetting it is a listener driven show apparently.

I think all those 22 days Joe has worked this year must be getting to him now.

I know we got a 'Get a grip' from Joe but did he go as far as 'don't be giving me that guff.'

M

A folly up to de Luas bullet belt caller from earlier on, they were actually duds so to speak...
    Passengers in 'shock' after man puts belt of machine gun bullets around his neck before falling asleep on Luas.

Man arrested for being in possession of suspected ammunition but released after it was discovered cartridges were 'spent'.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/passengers-in-shock-after-man-puts-belt-of-machine-gun-bullets-around-his-neck-before-falling-asleep-on-luas-35412478.html

• Advertisement

Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe!
    Looks like Louis Copeland threw him a few scraps and told him he looked very dapper. Cha ching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Imagine Joe in speedos

I had a listen back to the last 15 mins. Finn has the measure of Joe. From what I could gather, he said he was on before. I can't remember that but I missed a lot of late Nov early Dec shows.
    One thing I noticed was, Joe gave yer man Sean? all the time in the world to speak but when Finn spoke Joe was all over him like a rash. "Hang on. Gedda grip. You're never off the radio*." etc. Balance my ar$e.

Someone earlier asked whether the volume was turned down on Finn. I think so too.

*What other shows was he on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Imagine Joe in speedos

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

In summary joe did his eric cantona move " yeah yeah i agree fionnn yeah" im calm now etc then when fionn calls out his biased show joe starts shouting "WAIT A MINUTE WAIT A MINUTE WAIT A MINUTE" joe then says are u not on air now and fionn says yes but this is rare your show normally is biased fateen explodes again made my day lol

Any chance of a link to this bit...PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Listened back last night, that was unbelievable. Joe's rudeness knows no bounds. I was never a great fan of Gaybo, but there's not a chance in hell that he would ever use a phrase like that. This guy is totally out of control. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To whoever asked, Fionn/Finn was on about 2/3 weeks ago, around the inauguration. In classic Joe and "balance" we've had essentially a month of Trump bashing with 2 calls from Fionn/Finn thrown in. Current scoreline is:

Fionn/Finn 2
    Joe 0

If it was boxing they'd have stopped it.

Love when he loses the rag, he just can't help himself.

"No I don't"
    "I'm not de DG"

When you get a "get a grip" so to speak it's always a sure sign he's raging and an explosion is imminent.

Fionn/Finn gets a seat at the top table with Shane O'Curry, Cllr. Treanor and BlinD Boy Boat Club.

• Advertisement

Classic example of how twisting something completely out of context was given at the start of the show:

Caller: I was let go as they said they were changing things around and wanted fresh faces.
    Joe: (after long dramatic pause for increased effect and emphasis) bbbbbbuuutttt whhhhhhaaaaaaatttt, you were dismissed because of your face?

No Joe, that was not what she said at all.

And then revisits it a couple of more time as:
    Joe: not to labour de point but how did you feel when you were told dat you were being let go because of your face?

Joe: wat a ting to say to a woman

Joe: how did it make you feel as a woman to hear you were being dismissed because of your face?

And then trying to cover his incredibly large ass by saying a few times at the end of the call:

Joe: I'm sure this is all a mistake and it will be sorted out

After implying strongly and repeatedly though out the call that they (the business owners) were shafting the enployees.

Such a pro.

Because it's bottom drawer gutter content masquerading as journalism and is cheap as chips to produce. Just like de Lahv Lahn (except the cheap as chips to produce part).

M

Love when Fionn calls Duffy out on "race baiting" on the shows website regarding it featuring that there was a US ban on muslims which is not what Trump has in place with the 7 country ban.

Duffy coming out with the outlandish "I have no interest in Trump the man", despite the fact that almost every single show since the inauguration has featured Trump. I would sincerely doubt that the daily calls received to the show regarding public interest stories like Mrs O'Leary's walls in her council flat being full of mould or the person who bought a fake leather jacket from a car park in Rialto are outnumbered by the handful of calls received or in some cases made outbound from the LL production team to listeners regarding Trump. I think lately Duffy is trying to become somewhat of a media snob with the topics he is covering and distance himself from the roots of the Liveline show to in some way justify his fees. Wonder will Trump be conveniently be off the show today?

..... or the person who bought a fake leather jacket from a car park in Rialto .....

This is solid gold.

This is solid gold.

Joe: was it an EYEtal-yann who sold you de jacket? It was? Ah good luck. We did feature him and his cronies on de show many a toyme says I so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Then there's the old problem of resources.....

The host was accused of not taking responsibility for what's on the LL website. It was claimed by Fionn that a Muslim Ban was mentioned there.

I don't do de website, says our hero. Fair enough, he can't be across everything. (Although, he would have the time to check, if he wanted)

But we had this before with him, a few months back, when he said he couldn't be checking facts when he's down in the 'stewdio'.

So, Joe Duffy takes no responsibility for anything at all, except for what comes out of his mouth and some weak attempts to moderate discussions. All for 416,000 Euros.

Other areas of the Liveline operation seem to be less well resourced and leave RTE open to accusations of bias and incompetence.

M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 22
    Joe Shows: 22
    No Show Joe Shows: 0
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 0
    AN Udder Shows: 0

M

Two Day...
    Parents reactions when their kids come out as gheys
    Employees ripped off by employers

No mention of covering the ratings machine DJT at all today so to speak.

No mention of covering the ratings machine DJT at all today so to speak.

Had to do a bit of Googling to find out what DJT was, (By the way do I get paid for my research AD?) :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Had to do a bit of Googling to find out what DJT was, (By the way do I get paid for my research AD?) :D

Not until you share with the rest of us what DJT is? :D:D

M

Fujitsu10 wrote: »

:D

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817348644647108609

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Excellent clear reading of that weather forecast

great voice

pilly wrote: »
    Not until you share with the rest of us what DJT is? :D:D

"I only present the program, I don't be doing the research so to speak, Butt out and do your own"! :D:D

if you get a judgement can you not get the sheriff after them?

M

if you get a judgement can you not get the sheriff after them?

In the UK you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Another case heard in the EAT, but Duffy has to rehear it on air.

amazing how Joe lets your man say whatever he wants

no yous cant say dat here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wil this be another "misunderstanding" Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Sligo ....Monaghan is obviously a professional .

Safe to assume these employers aren't in the Fianna Fail tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Absolute brain dead line of questioning

M

A bank transfer of €20, who says the boom is back?

tell us what she was accusing you of

M

Safe to assume these employers aren't in the Fianna Fail tent.

Nor represented by a certain PR company.

M

De Gay Lick Bar.

"Thanks for the call, Joe"

Caller driven show, my arse!

How many business's will be closed by 3.00pm?

BLAH, BLAH.........

name of the company straight away

Thanks for calling me, Joe.

Are the researchers combing the tribunal records?

M

Are all taxi drivers not self employed?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement