Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Another deliberate and almost sarcastic lifting of tone as he introduces Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Unless there's loads of drunken brawling at it.

...and silly dancing, stolen kisses in the background and a liberal sprinkling of puking and nose picking. Can't beat a bridal suite scrap between the mother-in-laws...or drunken bridesmaids bringing up long forgotton indiscretions. The padre and the uncles and father-in-laws coming to fisticuffs over the poker game at 4am.

The wedding video stays outta room 101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Jaysus , wedding videos must be the most boring scutter you can watch, why why why would anyone bother ??

Photos sure ... but videos ... jesus...

I watch mine probably once a year or so and I'm divorced. :D:D

Mainly because a lot of people on it are dead and it's nice to hear their voices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,555 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe might be needing a cabin cruiser to get back to Clontarf this evening...

https://twitter.com/Hughbanjo/status/827192397985619968

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

pilly wrote: »
    I watch mine probably once a year or so and I'm divorced. :D:D

Mainly because a lot of people on it are dead and it's nice to hear their voices.

You need to call Joe. He would get a whole programme out of you.

pc7 wrote: »
    Ok I may be cynic but I don't know anyone who watches their wedding video.

I've never ever watched my wedding video.

But then again, I'm not married.. :D

*gets coat*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Roger_007 wrote:
    You need to call Joe. He would get a whole programme out of you.

I'm telling you, if he heard all my troubles he'd have an orgasm!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I don't know who it was here who dubbed JD "fateen", but kudos to you because it suits and describes him perfectly.
    He was in full fateen mode today shouting over the swimming pool guy, trying to bait him, corner him and force an apology out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I don't know who it was here who dubbed JD "fateen", but kudos to you because it suits and describes him perfectly.
    He was in full fateen mode today shouting over the swimming pool guy, trying to bait him, corner him and force an apology out of him.

thecretinhop I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Fateen means clever / smart.

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/fateen

Also:

People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hmmm, I always thought it meant "overpaid radio broadcaster with fat head"??

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Yes in a moment of creative zeit i came up with it, also i wrote a lovely poem at some stage (OPEN YOUR EYES!) (adrian mole is my muse Joe.. joe if your reading this its a band) about him. Fateen is quite accurate on many levels his physical hubris is apparent, his moral "spirit level" so to speak is plain for all to see, but he has a clever rat like cunning in self preservation which covers that definition.
    In a ll gold there yesterday, Fateen slapped and swiped at the airwaves like a dog in a Goya painting (google it Joe, its in the Prado in Madrid) and drowned fatally, the waves of his ineptitute spilled all over the airwaves like the hospital dj he is. Get a grip joe lol :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Expensive week for Raymond.
    I had a few pints around Sligo town this evening. Hargadons and the Garavogue were empty. I felt for the staff. They did nothing wrong.

thecretinhop says more in one sentence than I could say in a 3 inch thick german published book

In a ll gold there yesterday, Fateen slapped and swiped at the airwaves like a dog in a Goya painting (google it Joe, its in the Prado in Madrid) and drowned fatally, the waves of his ineptitute spilled all over the airwaves like the hospital dj he is. Get a grip joe lol :pac::D

Joes favourite painting with dogs and dat is "Dogs Playing Snooker" so to speak, also he loves a good Sean Scully & his own work "Easter Egg" which he was asked to do by Jack & Jill, later inspired him to write his buke Chisers of The Rising, though not enough that he thought it necessary to actual donate any of the proceeds to them.
    Instead he travelled the country promoting the buke at various Rising commerations, which he also collected appearance fees for & dropped the charity's name at every chance so people would wrongly connect the two and think they were doing some good spending their hard earned cash on his buke....Fateen sums it up quite well

• Advertisement

Joes favourite painting with dogs and dat is "Dogs Playing Snooker" so to speak, also he loves a good Sean Scully & his own work "Easter Egg" which he was asked to do by Jack & Jill, later inspired him to write his buke Chisers of The Rising, though not enough that he thought it necessary to actual donate any of the proceeds to them.

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Duffy took the bucket off them stuffed it with the money he got from the book and f**ked off with the bucket as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

That's not a flood..... that's the moat around Duffy towers to keep the plebs from raheny out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

I may be mistaken, but isn't that the place where the Council wanted to increase the height of the wall to protect from Flooding and the residents objected?

M

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    I may be mistaken, but isn't that the place where the Council wanted to increase the height of the wall to protect from Flooding and the residents objected?

Yes and the area they have added a wall outside the St Annes Park is an area that has never flooded from the sea and never will unless the sea rises by a good half a metre, more money than sense so to speak.

M

T'day...
    Employment tribunals and people awaiting payments awarded
    Car seized from a man as it had no valid NCT, can you do that? (Yes you can, it's called the law of the land)

• Advertisement
    M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 24
    Joe Shows: 24
    No Show Joe Shows: 0
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 0
    AN Udder Shows: 0

M

Whoy didn't you see if it was disgusting before you rented it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Letting agent refuses to come on. Will Joe threaten to name and shame before 3 and then chicken out.

Stay tuned folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

The deposit is not for landlords to pay for somebody to clean the place... its a security deposit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if i was the husband he would have got a box at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Jesus!!!

That Snt. Annes park ???

When was this!!! ? :eek:

M

Was there a smell of benji that he was getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe being a yellow-bellied, chicken-livered fine upstanding broadcaster again.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Red Kev wrote: »
    Letting agent refuses to come on. Will Joe threaten to name and shame before 3 and then chicken out.

Stay tuned folks.

Of course he will chicken out ,he has a **** haemorrhage when the inevitable solicitors letter arrives in the email usually about twenty past two.

Name and shame the letting agent joe.. .whats the point otherwise.

• Advertisement
    M

Jesus!!!

That Snt. Annes park ???

Yesterday, correction it's where the old baths are.

didn't want to give deposit back- miserable fecker

Jesus!!!

That Snt. Annes park ???

It's much further down than that, not that far from the Alfie Byrne Road. Taken yesterday at 4.00 pm.

M

This is where CCTV or a recording on your phone is a higher value of gold.

look at the digital stamp opn the photos no?

Put the pics up on your twitter feed, Joe.

De pleeece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Jaysus ... bad flooding elsewhere in Dublin then ?

Did the policeman not confirm the state of the place?

• Advertisement

Get him on joe..... GET HIM ON... GET HIM ON...

Show us the pics on the rajo, Joe.

M

Is it the same cooker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Show us the pics and have a text poll.

M

I'll give you a choc ice and a can of coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Jaysus ... bad flooding elsewhere in Dublin then ?

Please god ,let it not hit Athlone or we'll have hysterical Ciaran mulooooooly on the news for the next month

• Advertisement

Name and shame the letting agent joe.. .whats the point otherwise.

Because it's her word against the letting agent. And if she's talking bollix then it's defamation against his company.

He won't get a fair hearing anyway, so he's better off staying off the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

This is going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya i'm interested to see the pictures. also time stamps would fix this issue quickly

from moving house not so long ago, there is a big difference between peoples idea of clean , and a quick once over for a few hours will not do much

Is it the same cooker?

Probably his pic of the cooker before she moved in.

RTB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement