Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to switch, all diesels costing a fortune to insure

Options
  • 12-01-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting something cheaper to run as I'm going to be driving more in the near future , and possibly have less money coming in.

Currently have a Mazda 6 MPS 2.3 petrol 260bhp and insuring it for just over €700 with An Post (underwritten by AIG) so it's a change of car with the same insurer.

Looking to get something diesel in bangernomics territory but anything at all I've looked at is €1200+ to switch to. The likes of Skoda Octavias, Audi A3's, Volvo S40s etc.

Petrol variants of the same cars are as low as €750 which is still more than my MPS costs!?! It's not the end of the world as I'd still save some money on tax and have better mpg with a 120 bhp car as opposed to 260bhp.

So, has anyone found any diesels that are cheaper to insure or am I on a wild goose chase??

Advertisement