Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf 7 - Star Wars - The Wolves Strike Back - GAME OVER - Wolves win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Still very undecided. Will be playing D&D from about 8 so won't be around the rest of the night.

Currently voting for Max, I know it's the easy vote but I have little to go on

btw your sig should say boardsies its boards.ie = boardsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

Tigger wrote: »
    sez one every second lynch so i suppose its tomorrow so thats good
    id prefer to be lynched or sked or killed by the huts as i dont want the baddies to know if im roled or not

well i prefer to be the apprentice but thats a different story

Hutts can see the roles of who they kill too, its ortug in the op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

do you ever shadowrun
    i li=ove shadorun

Nope, it sounds unreal and I'd love to play but all my friends are D&D centric at home, girlfriend's friends all play D&D and all my house plays D&D.

Between this and D&D I lead a very RPG heavy life.

My first sober session later, last night gave me the fear.

tritium wrote: »

oh
    thats bad
    i thought it was a force flavour thing
    we are so screwed

Nope, it sounds unreal and I'd love to play but all my friends are D&D centric at home, girlfriend's friends all play D&D and all my house plays D&D.

beer kills fear

• Advertisement

beer kills fear

You got me, cans it is.

I'm DMing so voting now as I've to study, probably won't be around too often again tonight bar for occasional check ups. Given how dead the thread is I probably won't miss much.

oh
    thats bad
    we are so screwed

how does a gremorlian gaurd know
    i supposwe it balance

oh
    thats bad
    we are so screwed

Nah we just have to be a bit more surgical when we take out baddies this game. Upside is the impact of getting one is greater.

Nah we just have to be a bit more surgical when we take out baddies this game. Upside is the impact of getting one is greater.

you going with my plan or do you have a different idea
    i'm all ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

You wouldn't lynch someone on their birthday, would you...?
    You wouldn't lynch someone on their not birthday would you?

Not from my reading they can't...

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    You wouldn't lynch someone on their not birthday would you?

Not from my reading they can't...

me too
    but the 4th guy can

Ortugg - Knows the identities of players killed by The Hutt Cartel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just plain D&D? I much preferred AD&D but we also did the Dragonlance modules as well. We did try MERP, Palladium, Call of Cthulhu etc but came back to AD&D mostly.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but on my bedroom wall when I was an older teen I drew a wall sized copy of the original Basic D&D boxed set. It was huge. Done in charcoal and pencil. Took me ages. It was my best work ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I gotta head out. I put my vote in. Fairly random choice. I had a reason to vote for this person but can't actually remember right now...! So basically going with my gut. I will retrospectively find out that reason again if needs be. Happy birthday to me :pac:

Do you fancy sharing your thoughts with us so we can all have a go of your gut?

Just plain D&D? I much preferred AD&D but we also did the Dragonlance modules as well. We did try MERP, Palladium, Call of Cthulhu etc but came back to AD&D mostly.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but on my bedroom wall when I was an older teen I drew a wall sized copy of the original Basic D&D boxed set. It was huge. Done in charcoal and pencil. Took me ages. It was my best work ever!

are you irish Mrs-w?

Lads I'm so far out of the loop on these things I'm standing in a corner. I have no clue what any of these things are.

Same with Star Wars theme. I'm not actually sure what I should be even calling myself.

I'm such a bad nerd. I'm a nerd. Full on make a living from being a nerd. But not a popular culture nerd :(

Also tigger when you mentioned road traffic accident and then someone mentioned crosstown, I did think you meant him after the incident with the deer.

are you irish Mrs-w?

Born and Bred Scottish, why you ask? :)

I lived in Donegal 13 years

You have my sympathies.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Lads I'm so far out of the loop on these things I'm standing in a corner. I have no clue what any of these things are.

Same with Star Wars theme. I'm not actually sure what I should be even calling myself.

I'm such a bad nerd. I'm a nerd. Full on make a living from being a nerd. But not a popular culture nerd :(

Also tigger when you mentioned road traffic accident and then someone mentioned crosstown, I did think you meant him after the incident with the deer.

Prob my fault as I called him RTA right at the start and Tigger followed my thinking by the look of it

i just realised you wernt irish is all
    diodnt want to say you are not irish where you from cos that could sound men
    just wondering where you were from

Prob my fault as I called him RTA right at the start and Tigger followed my thinking by the look of it

yeh she contractulated it and then i expandulted it wrong

• Advertisement

i just realised you wernt irish is all
    diodnt want to say you are not irish where you from cos that could sound men
    just wondering where you were from

What made you realise I wasn't Irish? :)

what mkes me do anything i'm an enigma wrapped in a connundrum

My head is totally fried reading today's posts. I have no idea who to vote for and feel uncomfortable jumping on the "lynch max" bandwagon as I can't see how his posts differ too much from anyone else.

I'm gonna have to pick someone soon as I am off out in a couple of hours. May use that random generator thingy too. Arrrggghhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm pretty drunk rn after exams but I still think it's max. I could be wrong but if he's a vilkugar Nd he's not bothered making his case why would we change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

howdy all.

Home from work.

Need to mind baby, then will catch up on previous posts

My head is totally fried reading today's posts. I have no idea who to vote for and feel uncomfortable jumping on the "lynch max" bandwagon as I can't see how his posts differ too much from anyone else.

I'm gonna have to pick someone soon as I am off out in a couple of hours. May use that random generator thingy too. Arrrggghhh!

theres no random generator thingy we will read into whover you pick
    but do try to save your roommate it ill help us lter on

I voted early afternoon and it is no surprise I picked Max, not because of a bandwagon but because i was accusing him.

Okies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm pretty drunk rn after exams but I still think it's max. I could be wrong but if he's a vilkugar Nd he's not bothered making his case why would we change

Make what case? Nobody has made a case for why I'm not a villager, but I'm expected to prove the opposite? Get the boat.

• Advertisement

yeah its hppened in previous games thatbonce they are caught they just say dont care but really they should try to state their case

Just plain D&D, 5e.

Study done and playlists being sorted so back to Werewolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

no clue on who to vote for. went through uriel's posts and there's nothing there that would draw attention from an evil team. so baddies probably just picked randomly. hopefully he didn't have a role.

i think i might have to adopt the same attitude. vote randomly. but i'd say alot will jump on the max bandwagon, so probably a few wolves hiding in there.

the wolves can communicate i wonder if they are throwing votes at anyone to change the lynch
    has anyomnes name been mentioned i know jylop said me but hes only joking i think

Just plain D&D, 5e.

Study done and playlists being sorted so back to Werewolf

No idea what edition we had, started playing very early 80's

no clue on who to vote for. went through uriel's posts and there's nothing there that would draw attention from an evil team. so baddies probably just picked randomly. hopefully he didn't have a role.

i think i might have to adopt the same attitude. vote randomly. but i'd say alot will jump on the max bandwagon, so probably a few wolves hiding in there.

hey picked uriel to frame up dottie
    so dottie isnt sith
    (deleted) either fell for it or he was in on it and slipped

• Advertisement

me too
    but the 4th guy can

Ortugg - Knows the identities of players killed by The Hutt Cartel

Missed that on first reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sullivlo wrote: »
    All of uriels posts - don't see anything too out of the ordinary in them that would make him a target for the sith. Except maybe his interaction with dottie.

Only other person he questioned was tigger, and I trust tigger.

just curious as to why you trust tigger? no one is above suspicion this early in the game.

Just what I was thinking Trig :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tumblr_mzcjcuCluo1rcwa0zo2_250.gif

Right I probably won't be back on before 9 so farewell all.

My parting info, for whatever it might be worth to any of ye, would be spend more time listening to Mahama. That girl's got her head screwed on and always talks wall to wall sense.

Spend less time listening to Tigger. I know it's easy to be led by the nose rather, but the least standard that you could hold him to is that when he says "Lynch this person", you actually ask why. As it stands he's either lost his edge or he's not on your side and by the time the priest comes out to tell you that, it might already be too late.

Keep an eye on Sully. She'd a couple of suss posts early on.

Best of luck. (Although, to be honest, I kinda want to see the Sith win now with their cool black cloaks and red light sabers.) Catch you in the dead room.

'Cos yet mammy didn't passing over the charcoal D&D bedroom wall...

• Advertisement

you going with my plan or do you have a different idea
    i'm all ears

No well formed plan. Ideally we'd want to identify sidious and the baddie seers. If they go we cut off a pieceof the information asymmetry. Bringing down the kill rate early would help too. In the past we had fast starts by the village and that really helped but that looks less likely here.

I think we have less scope for mistakes than usual in the early game. We need to stop the baddies getting control before they need to start killing each other. When they can all talk together its 9 wolves working together effectively

I don't think random votes are great here but first turn we're a bit limited. Might be useful to generate each players top 3 suspects list relatively early here

'Cos yet mammy didn't passing over the charcoal D&D bedroom wall...

Edit.
    'cos yet mammy didn't paint...

just curious as to why you trust tigger? no one is above suspicion this early in the game.
    I'm too stupid to be duplicitous
    People
    Can tell when ima. Baddie

Edit.
    'cos yet mammy didn't paint...

Yer mammy!...

No well formed plan. Ideally we'd want to identify sidious and the baddie seers. If they go we cut off a pieceof the information asymmetry. Bringing down the kill rate early would help too. In the past we had fast starts by the village and that really helped but that looks less likely here.

I think we have less scope for mistakes than usual in the early game. We need to stop the baddies getting control before they need to start killing each other. When they can all talk together its 9 wolves working together effectively

I don't think random votes are great here but first turn we're a bit limited. Might be useful to generate each players top 3 suspects list relatively early here

Ian and max and Dottie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Btw if max is na wolf 100℅ there will be wolves voting Nd mo
    Mouthing bout him so everyone who o is vocal about him be suspicious of. Even myself. I'm good but be suspicious of everyone voting max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Right, well Max doesn't convince me of being a wolf. The main thing on that being his point about how it would be almost foolish for him to ask for a sub, because the sub would have his role and would probably be lynched judging by the sentiment. Dottie might be evil, but I doubt she's on the team that killed Uriel. That would seem an obvious move but it actually might have been worth it given previous experiences.

Btw if max is na wolf 100℅ there will be wolves voting Nd mo
    Mouthing bout him so everyone who o is vocal about him be suspicious of. Even myself. I'm good but be suspicious of everyone voting max

Mammy is that you ?

tumblr_mzcjcuCluo1rcwa0zo2_250.gif

Right I probably won't be back on before 9 so farewell all.

My parting info, for whatever it might be worth to any of ye, would be spend more time listening to Mahama. That girl's got her head screwed on and always talks wall to wall sense.

Spend less time listening to Tigger. I know it's easy to be led by the nose rather, but the least standard that you could hold him to is that when he says "Lynch this person", you actually ask why. As it stands he's either lost his edge or he's not on your side and by the time the priest comes out to tell you that, it might already be too late.

Keep an eye on Sully. She'd a couple of suss posts early on.

Best of luck. (Although, to be honest, I kinda want to see the Sith win now with their cool black cloaks and red light sabers.) Catch you in the dead room.

Not a bad farewell speech, but I think Obama's was better this week!

You may well be right, but the way you reacted and posted made yourself look worse. I know someone has to die tonight and if you are a NRV it is better to hit you than one with a village role if you aren't a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ian and max and Dottie

Yosser is probably top my of list of these three. Just a sense really though. The idea of Max sacrificing himself to get two kills is what I reckon piqued my interest in Yosser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement