Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia **Season 12**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

1st episode was very poor, 2nd was slightly better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

After a less than impressive start to the new series the past two episodes were fantastic.

This weeks episode may just be one of my all time favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I thought Dennis in episode 4 was absolutely brilliant especially near the end

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I thought Dennis in episode 4 was absolutely brilliant especially near the end

Charlie sneaking out of the room was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia **Season 14** starting tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm going to hold out until after Christmas for it to be on Netflix.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

I watched the new episode this morning. Very funny in parts. Cringing at other parts in a funny way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A-Train wrote: »
    I watched the new episode this morning. Very funny in parts. Cringing at other parts in a funny way.

Isn't that exactly what its all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ruth Coppinger wouldn't be impressed with that :pac:

https://www.thejournal.ie/sex-for-rent-dail-coppinger-4814013-Sep2019/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

godtabh wrote: »
    Isn't that exactly what its all about?

I never got level of cringe before, maybe it’s just me. The Airbnb parts were on the next level at times. Very funny I might add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Dunder Mifflin cameoing as the bus station............

Dunder Mifflin cameoing as the bus station............

The new set is old Dunder Mifflin offices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very good start to the new series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ryaner777 wrote: »
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia **Season 14** starting tonight

All my favourite shows coming back all at once. :):):)

Brilliant news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Really enjoyed that episode, very funny in parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Franks 'fcuk this' line had me in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Oh the gang is back with a bang. Teddy....the cringe :pac::pac:

Heckler wrote: »
    Oh the gang is back with a bang. Teddy....the cringe :pac::pac:

When the song changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Watched the first 2 episodes, so far so good.
    Season 13 was a bit of a let down so hopefully 14 continues on as it started.

Ep 3 stepped it up with "Dee Day". Taking so many jabs and pokes. Best yet. (I know its early days). Looks like the Gang are back Bitches !

Really liked the implication that Mac should drive the car if there was going to be a crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Do you mean “the implication”?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"The Gang Texts" felt like a return to form after a few lacklustre episodes IMO.

"The Janitor.." was great. The dialogue was spot on Both Charlies were fantastic in this. Up there with the Birdman episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The jumper was brilliant. Found this and Charlie's reaction makes it even better.

iCtoh24.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia renewed for four more seasons at FX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia renewed for four more seasons at FX

I'm a bit torn in whether this is a good thing or not. It's still good but has gone massively downhill the last few seasons.
    If it's another 4 years of the early seasons then great. Another 4 of the recent seasons and it'll ruin the shows legacy.

• Advertisement

Maybe they are going for the longest running sitcom, either way it's good news I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Would agree its gone a little off the last few seasons. Hopefully we can get a few of the other characters back, Pondi obviously, cricket, the McPoyles, Artimus & their parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I hope they come back with their non pc brand of humour and stay away from guest stars. The show is still great imho but has gone a bit safe. My favourite episodes are probably ones that would never be allowed get made today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I didn't even finish the latest season, was that 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Would agree its gone a little off the last few seasons. Hopefully we can get a few of the other characters back, Pondi obviously, cricket, the McPoyles, Artimus & their parents.

I read somewhere earlier this week that the reason the McPoyles havnt featured since Pappys trial is because the two lads are looking for too much money to appear.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I hope they come back with their non pc brand of humour and stay away from guest stars. The show is still great imho but has gone a bit safe. My favourite episodes are probably ones that would never be allowed get made today.

I can’t wait for the next instalment of Lethal Weapon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Search function is useless, don't know if there is a general IASIP thread.

Going to leave this podcast here, The Gang discuss previous episodes.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-always-sunny-podcast/id1594627983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just started this earlier, can't wait to give it a proper listen. I'm not a big podcast fan but got rightly stuck into Mythic Quest podcast.

Every TV show gets a podcast these days. Not a podcast listener but I'll definitely give that a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

First teaser for "The Gang Goes to Ireland" has been posted to Youtube.

Looks like there will be four episodes set in Ireland - "The Gang Goes to Ireland", "The Gang's Still in Ireland", "Dee Gets Stuck in a Bog" and "The Gang Carries a Corpse up a Mountain".

The Gang Goes to Ireland (15/12/21) - The Gang's in Dublin! Dennis longs for a charming, authentic European experience, but ends up helping Frank with some of his business's "dirty work." Mac and Charlie learn about their Irish heritage. Dee rushes to the set of an Irish soap opera, where she will play the role of "Obnoxious American MILF." Written by Rob McElhenney & Charlie Day & Glenn Howerton and directed by Megan Ganz.

The Gang's Still in Ireland (15/12/21) - Dennis and Dee explore their new accommodations in the countryside; Frank accompanies Charlie to find the truth about Charlie's Irish childhood pen pal; Mac has an identity crisis and decides to join the seminary. Written by Rob McElhenney & Charlie Day & Glenn Howerton and directed by Megan Ganz.

Dee Gets Stuck in a Bog (22/12/21) - Guided by a young priest, Mac spends a day at the seminary to truly understand what it takes to become a priest. Dennis and Frank plan an elaborate trap at the castle to humiliate Charlie's pen pal. Dee prepares for a date with an Irish doctor, only to find herself sinking in a bog. Having learned of his pen pal's true identity, Charlie bonds with him and makes a choice that will forever change the Gang. Written by David Hornsby & Rob Roseell and directed by Pete Chatmon.

The Gang Carries a Corpse up a Mountain - The Gang attempts to ascend a mountain in order for Charlie to fulfill an old and mysterious Irish burial tradition. But one by one, the Gang backs out until Charlie is left to honor the dead body alone. Written by Megan Ganz and directed by Richie Keen.

If Dee is auditioning for a role on Fair City, she will have finally found her acting level.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to them

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Of course it's the illiterate one in the group that has a pen pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

Always Sunny aside, the cast seem to quite like Ireland. I've seen a few sets of pictures taken by people who've randomly bumped into Charlie Day and Rob McElhenny out and about in Dublin over the years.

After watching the first four episodes for season 15, it's been grand overall a few funny moments but nothing really stand out. Hopefully the season picks up

Very poor by Sunny standards so far. Its light years away from the gold this show has produced. The Irish episode(s)? hopefully will be good but I'm thinking that maybe only because its set here. I rewatch IASIP all the time and love it but its steadily going downhill. They got the longest running live sitcom maybe time to put the old gal to sleep much as I hate to say it.

If those episodes are a sign of things to come then it's best to pull the plug on it

Ah that's a pity

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Mulbert

Agreed, I thought the last 4 episodes could be the poorest episodes of sunny yet.

Season 14 was poor in my opinion and season 15 far worse so far.

I hope they dont drag the bollox out of the series and ruin it's legeasy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

First 2 Irish episodes knocking about the usual places . Actually pretty funny and ( despite them having to film mostly in Wrexham and green screen in Irish outdoor shots) for an American shows Irish episode , suprisingly few if any cringey parts.

• Advertisement

Didn't find the latest two episodes that enjoyable, six episodes in so far and it's been extremely poor

Advertisement