Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about haunted bread on Late Late Show

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You cannot have an opinion about 90% of something, it either is 90% or it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

What part of 'in my opinion' did you not understand

How you worded it.
    and I never mentioned morality you did.

Yes I did, anticipating that immorality would be the next go-to claim about atheists, as it so often is. Can I take it, then, that you accept that atheists are no more or less moral than anyone else? If so, that's good.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

smacl wrote: »
    Don't be so hard on yourself Dan. I'm sure you've just as much significance as Daisy the cow. Shep's dead. :pac:

not Shep!!!

giphy.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Delirium wrote: »
    not Shep!!!

giphy.gif

Just noticed now delirium that you are a mod, on Christianity no less!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

This seem pretty unrelated to the price of fish. By the way, I don't suppose you're going to respond to any more of the points laid out to you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Samaris wrote: »
    By the way, I don't suppose you're going to respond to any more of the points laid out to you?
    Real dan doesn't seem to do real responses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Seriously, from looking at previous posts of yours it is really impressive how much knowledge you have of all things religious.
    That's possibly the nicest thing you've said about anybody in A+A since you started posting here regularly - on behalf of all the other posters, I'd like to say a big thanks for the change in tone from your usual wonky fist-waving.
    It is almost weird actually how you as an atheist appear to be way more knowledgeable and dare I say interested in religion than I as a believer am.
    I'm also interested in how flesh-eating bacteria work, but that doesn't make me want to become one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

robindch wrote: »
    I'm also interested in how flesh-eating bacteria work, but that doesn't make me want to become one.

Liar. That would be the coolest super power ever. Imagine, anyone you did not like, you just transform into a flesh eating super bacteria, mess them up completely, and then turn back.

And imagine the visceral experience of having a nice surf'n'turf steak and lobster by becoming your flesh eating bacteria form and then spending hours just chowing down on it continuously.

You know you wanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That just means that we are allowed to discuss differing opinions online. Whether it be Man Utd/ Man City or Religion/ Atheism. If Delirium likes to discuss Atheism and is Christian themselves, then that's totally cool-normal even. Discourse is natural, and awesome.
    It helps people grow-a closed mind (there are close minded atheists too-it may not be on faith, it may be on other things-conspiracy theories, vaccines etc) is just gonna stagnate.

Advertisement