Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mamia (aldi) baby formula

• 12-01-2017 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All.

Apologies in advance if there is a thread already on this. But has anyone tried/heard reviews of the new Mamia formula in Aldi, noticed it when in there recently.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

All standard formulas are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

We have started using in for our small fella in place of aptimil 1 and we haven't seen any difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Is it just powder or have they premade bottles as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Is it just powder or have they premade bottles as well?

seems to just powder at my local aldi, we are going to try this next week. We did use premade bottles more at the start when still breastfeeding but don't seem to use them that much anymore, although it would've been a handy way to try out for one or two feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭yummymummyjay

Can I ask how you found this? My son is 5.5 months old and has been on aptamil 1 from the beginning. Considering giving this a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Can I ask how you found this? My son is 5.5 months old and has been on aptamil 1 from the beginning. Considering giving this a go[/quote

We had been using aptamil 1 as well, switched over to the mamia 6 months plus one at 6 months. No bother to our daughter at all. Only draw back is no readymade bottles so whenever we needed a few of those we bought the aptamil ones.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Can I ask how you found this? My son is 5.5 months old and has been on aptamil 1 from the beginning. Considering giving this a go[/quote

We had been using aptamil 1 as well, switched over to the mamia 6 months plus one at 6 months. No bother to our daughter at all. Only draw back is no readymade bottles so whenever we needed a few of those we bought the aptamil ones.

Sounds good. I only ever use ready made formula on a long journey or the likes which isn't very often so shouldn't be an issue. Gonna defo give it a bash. 3.50 saving every tin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Switched from Aptamil 1 and no probs here. Takes Aptamil ready bottles if out on the go etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mamia is made by Aptamil; packaging very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

At the uk launch they said it was made in Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Here is an overview on formula - http://www.firststepsnutrition.org/pdfs/Infant_formula-an-overview_February2017.pdf

I wouldn't switch formula if you are having no issues with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

colm_mcm wrote: »
    At the uk launch they said it was made in Ireland.

IT probably is Ireland makes a lot of the formula used. Kerry Group make a huge amount of infant formula

We have been using it for a week now and it's been absolutely perfect not one single issue with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We've been using it since since she came off the book at 6 months. The tins over here do have a sticker on it stating "made in Ireland". It's perfectly fine, our little bruiser is growing like a weed.

Brilliant saving too... 3.50 per tin. That adds up quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Moonbeam wrote: »

That's an amazing resource, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    That's an amazing resource, thanks.

I am thinking about changing my little boy from aptamil to the adli brand.since aptamil brought out this new formula it doesn’t seem to be agreeing with him!but I’m abit nervous Incase it doesn’t agree with him either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭History Queen

Rachy1421 wrote: »
    I am thinking about changing my little boy from aptamil to the adli brand.since aptamil brought out this new formula it doesn’t seem to be agreeing with him!but I’m abit nervous Incase it doesn’t agree with him either.

I'm in the same boat re thinking about switching to aldi formula. My son is 10 weeks old and we have been using aptamil but I'm nervous of the poor feedback about the changed formula. I decided to bite the bullet and try him on new aptamil today, 4 bottles in and so far so good, if i have any issues though my next port of call is the aldi formula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So is aptamil discontinuing there old formula, I just bought it today in lidl and they haven't got in the new formula yet! Friend of mine was telling me about the mamia brand and the ingredients are ment tio be the exact same as aptamils old formula??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thanks for this one ladies, was only looking at it the other day... Or little one is on SMA 6 + at the moment and yeah the price difference would make you wonder.. Might try a tin of it and see how it goes

Advertisement