Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Bandit 600 to 1200 or 1250...

• 12-01-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im currently riding a Bandit 600N mk2 and thought about upgrading to a 1200 or 1250.
    Has anybody made the move or has experience with those bikes?

What are the main differences between the two apart from fuel injection vs carbs e.g. MPG, torque etc?

I would to have some kind of fairing to protect from the elements as well.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

MSVforever wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im currently riding a Bandit 600N mk2 and thought about upgrading to a 1200 or 1250.
    Has anybody made the move or has experience with those bikes?

What are the main differences between the two apart from fuel injection vs carbs e.g. MPG, torque etc?

I would to have some kind of fairing to protect from the elements as well.

Cheers.

I had a 1200N (00) for a few years and loved the bike, mine was falling apart though because I had an accident with it and never properly fixed it but I can tell you it is a very good bike, comfortable, fast, and reliable. And IMO it looks good as well. Lots of aftermarket parts out there. Mine was a bit thirsty though but hard to tell if it was just my bike or all 1200s in general.

I can't speak for the 1250 but I really like the 1200N when I had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am currently riding a Suzuki GSXF-1250, basically a bandit with a GSX fairing. Only real fault I have with it are the brake are a tad soft, but then again its a heavy bike and so I am a big lad so they have alot of work. And according to the Suzuki forums the ABS brakes are always softer then the non ABS bikes.

Comfort and performance are excellent, engine is BULLET PROOF and very rarely give trouble. Absolute torque monster pulling in any gear even with full luggage or 2 up, has no fancy gadgets (just the way I like them) just ABS.

Even with the weight, when the bike is moving its is quite agile and I personally have had great days out on the twisties giving it some welly keeping up with sports bikes etc. HOWEVER, it does need a bit of forward planning and focus as its it can catch you out if not planning ahead as she wont stop and switch angles as quick as a CBR600.

Really cant fault it, even if I came into a few quid I would keep the bike TBH. I bought it with only 4K miles on her and she has served me very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

With the new 765 Triumph Street triple being launched this year there should be a good fleet of the fantastic 675 Street triples being sold. This bike is fantastic. I've owned one for about 16 months and couldn't imagine selling it. I suppose it depends on the type of riding you intend to do though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Bohrio wrote: »
    I had a 1200N (00) for a few years and loved the bike, mine was falling apart though because I had an accident with it and never properly fixed it but I can tell you it is a very good bike, comfortable, fast, and reliable. And IMO it looks good as well. Lots of aftermarket parts out there. Mine was a bit thirsty though but hard to tell if it was just my bike or all 1200s in general.

I can't speak for the 1250 but I really like the 1200N when I had it.

I had a proper spin on the 1200. What a rocket.... Unfortunately she is naked and not so nice on the motorway...

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am currently riding a Suzuki GSXF-1250, basically a bandit with a GSX fairing. Only real fault I have with it are the brake are a tad soft, but then again its a heavy bike and so I am a big lad so they have alot of work. And according to the Suzuki forums the ABS brakes are always softer then the non ABS bikes.

Comfort and performance are excellent, engine is BULLET PROOF and very rarely give trouble. Absolute torque monster pulling in any gear even with full luggage or 2 up, has no fancy gadgets (just the way I like them) just ABS.

Even with the weight, when the bike is moving its is quite agile and I personally have had great days out on the twisties giving it some welly keeping up with sports bikes etc. HOWEVER, it does need a bit of forward planning and focus as its it can catch you out if not planning ahead as she wont stop and switch angles as quick as a CBR600.

Really cant fault it, even if I came into a few quid I would keep the bike TBH. I bought it with only 4K miles on her and she has served me very well.

Looks like a great bike but seem hard to come by on the 2nd hand market. Probably would have to go over to UK.

• Advertisement

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    With the new 765 Triumph Street triple being launched this year there should be a good fleet of the fantastic 675 Street triples being sold. This bike is fantastic. I've owned one for about 16 months and couldn't imagine selling it. I suppose it depends on the type of riding you intend to do though.

Lovely bikes but unfortunately out of my price range. Looking also for more wind/weather protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

TDM is a nice punchy bike too,and a good workhorse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TDM is a nice punchy bike too,and a good workhorse.

Still wish I kept my TDM900:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

I've a 2000 TDM850 and I love it, good power, it's got a bit of weather/wind protection and very suited to Irish roads.
    I've added a few extras to mine, twin carbon cans, heated grips, aux lights etc, the TDM are a great all rounder if thats what your after
    Either the 850 or 900 would serve you well if you can find one that's been well looked after, good ones normally get snapped up quickly

Thanks guys.

I had a sit on a TDM 850 in JP's the other day. Felt good but the seat was a bit too narrow.
    Has this changed on the 900 as I really like the look of this bike?
    How are they on petrol?
    My bandit averages around 42 MPG during commuting.
    On weekend spins it goes up to 54 MPG even when I rev it hard ☺

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

another TDM fan here. I've mine years soo easy and comfy to ride

Tigger wrote: »
    another TDM fan here. I've mine years soo easy and comfy to ride

Thanks Tigger.
    Which one do you have?
    Are they both fuel injected?

Advertisement