Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Connect route planner missing chargers

• 12-01-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

I noticed that there are a lot of chargers missing from the Nissan Connect route planner - Do I need to do something to update them or is it a Nissan issue? If its a Nissan issue is there an email address to request an update?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Fastpud wrote: »
    I noticed that there are a lot of chargers missing from the Nissan Connect route planner - Do I need to do something to update them or is it a Nissan issue? If its a Nissan issue is there an email address to request an update?

Can you list a few of them and we can cross check our planners?

There is an option in the menus to update the charger points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

There is an option in the menus to update the charger points.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the PC NissanConnect web site, i can't see any where to update the chargers

Look at
    Topaz Service Station, M8 @Junction 3 (R433), Ballacolla, County Laois, its onthe ecars site but not in the NissanConnect website planner so you can't plan to charge there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Nissan's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

just forget the Nissan charger display ,use the eCars app. The Nissan one is often utterly wrong, over time as you visit chargers it will remember these ones and you know they are there etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

BoatMad wrote: »
    just forget the Nissan charger display ,use the eCars app. The Nissan one is often utterly wrong, over time as you visit chargers it will remember these ones and you know they are there etc !

I learned this pretty much straight away, even as I bright the car home last Friday and Saturday.

In the Ecars app (iOS), hit the "Google Map" link on the info pane that pops up when you tap on the indicated charge point, start to plan your route on the little map web app that pops up (select "your location, etc.) and thereafter you will be given the option to continue this journey in the Google Maps app.

Do this, the app will open with your route ready to go. Phone goes in the windscreen mount, happy days.

Much improved over the in-car router, with up to date map info, traffic info, etc. The Nissan router is only fair. I generally wouldn't bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The Nissan router is only fair. I generally wouldn't bother with it.

agreed, I use it to estimate distance to known chargers , thats about it

PS: try search for the ( not tiny ) place called Kilmore Quay in nissan MY16 models !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

*cough* I believe the OP is talking about the route planner on the website not the in-car nav.

Advertisement