Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student nurse needs accommodation(4 weeks)

Options
  • 12-01-2017 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I'm a student nurse being placed in St. Luke's for 4 weeks (end of April to 3rd week in May) and I'm stuck for somewhere to stay.

If anyone knows of any short term lets available or even someone with a spare room willing the rent it out for those weeks(sun-fri)in Kilkenny city please let me know. I don't have a car so would have to be within walking distance to the hospital if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

All I can suggest is 
    1) Do you know what previous interns did re accommodation? Maybe there's options for you there.
    2) It might be worth contacting some of the local estate agents and seeing if they know of anything. I'd imagine it's unlikely though given the short term nature but no harm in asking.

I wonder if Brennans grocery shop near the hospital has a notice board where people put up ads etc? It's the shop used by residents of the local housing estates (Sycamores, Parkview, Talbots Inch etc). Now that people can rent out a spare room tax-free you might be lucky.
    There is also Dore's Kilkenny House Hotel very near the hospital - maybe they would do a deal with you for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

CiiaRawr. wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a student nurse being placed in St. Luke's for 4 weeks (end of April to 3rd week in May) and I'm stuck for somewhere to stay.

If anyone knows of any short term lets available or even someone with a spare room willing the rent it out for those weeks(sun-fri)in Kilkenny city please let me know. I don't have a car so would have to be within walking distance to the hospital if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Give Breda a call on 086 841 7370, she owns a B&B across form the hospital, it would not be out of the ordinary for her to have people looking for short term lettings like you stay.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aecr

Hi OP have you sorted your accommodation as yet?

Advertisement