Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC U Ultra

• 12-01-2017 8:21pm

Well, the new flagship HTC U Ultra was announced today but it won't actually be available until March.
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/1/12/14249172/htc-u-ultra-headphone-jack-bad-design-features-price

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/htc-u-ultra-phone-teens-something-like/

Although the internal specs read well, the all glass exterior and lack of headphone jack are a complete turn-off for me.

Hardware specs

5.7-inch screen (2,560x1,440-pixel resolution)
    2-inch notifications screen (swipable)
    12-megapixel UltraPixel camera with OIS
    16-megapixel front-facing camera
    2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
    Android 7.0 software
    MicroSD card up to 2T
    USB-C port
    Fingerprint reader with NFC
    64GB, 128GB options with 4GB RAM
    128GB version comes with sapphire crystal screen
    HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi audio
    Dual-SIM optional
    Colors: Ice white, sapphire blue, cosmetic pink, brilliant black

Looks like I will be hanging onto my HTC 10 and hoping one of the other flagships of 2017 will have a headphone jack.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd say you're going to have to make your peace with Bluetooth headphones going forward. By next year very few phones will have a 3.5mm socket.

That's for sure I will but it won't be with a big lump of glass for a phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

A friend of mine had their hands on this today. Apparently the design and build quality are stunning... needs to be seen to see how good it is. Photos don't do it justice. The headphones thing doesn't bother me. I already have jaybird's and plan to get some wireless momentum's in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

One thing that would turn me off it completely is the curved glass back. Looks like a smudge magnet and easily scuffed and damaged.

Other than that it would be a nice upgrade from my HTC10, can see the dual display being useful.

One thing is the battery tech. Seems to be moving towards a reliance on fast charging with a relatively small battery capacity for a large phone.

Probably gonna stick with HTC again this year, just need to see what the dev community goes with.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys sorry for zombie bumping this thread but I'm wondering if any of you would recommend this phone as it's on offer at the moment in Argos for €369 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7498385.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783
    I know it's been there or there abouts on Amazon and even lower on eglobal but would it be a good price for a bricks and mortar?

Cheers.

Hey guys sorry for zombie bumping this thread but I'm wondering if any of you would recommend this phone as it's on offer at the moment in Argos for €369 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7498385.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783
    I know it's been there or there abouts on Amazon and even lower on eglobal but would it be a good price for a bricks and mortar?

Cheers.

Yeah, that's a decent price for what it is. You can buy for €329 directly through HTC, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a decent price for what it is. You can buy for €329 directly through HTC, though.

Thanks very much for that Basil, it's a no brainier so to just to buy it from htc direct isn't it cause it's for the father and he's probably not gonna use the JBL Bluetooth speaker.

Do you know how long delivery takes from HTC and is there any HTC promo codes flying around or can I sign up for a newsletter or something?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    You'd nearly pick up a U11 for that money or not much more at this stage, or even if not you'd get far better in another brand than the Ultra.

Any recommendations for the same €368 budget would be greatly appreciated.

I just thought it was an awful lot of phone for the money.

Actually just found it on Amazon.es for €273 delivered so that's better again.

Advertisement