Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site and mobile browsing unusable

Options
  • 12-01-2017 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭

The site has become virtually usuasble site the "improved" updated version of the site. And I say that ironically, as all the update appears to have done was remove features and cause performanc to suffer.

Issues:
    1) Site randomly stops working on mobile. Both touch site and the responsive(sic) site.
    2) Followed threads from user CP are particular troublesome
    3) Quoting: the new quick quote and post interface is pretty crap. It's slow and only works less than half the time. Usually requires a page refresh, multiquoting is very awkward
    4) Posts disappearing. On a daily basis, after hitting send on movie, the sites returns and error page. Essentially eating what ever post you just wrote. Its pissibablt time related, as it more often happens with longer posts. Which is considerably more annoying. It's gotten to the stage where I'm copying posts before I send, but don't always remember to do so.

This has happened since the start but I've been letting it slide as it will never be perfect from the get go. But teething problems have gone on long enough now, it feels like the site is still beta testing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Also to add, there doesn't appear to be an option to "Mark forum read" when you've gone through all the topics of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No reply. Hardly surprising.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mellor wrote: »
    The site has become virtually usuasble site the "improved" updated version of the site. And I say that ironically, as all the update appears to have done was remove features and cause performanc to suffer.

Issues:
    1) Site randomly stops working on mobile. Both touch site and the responsive(sic) site.
    2) Followed threads from user CP are particular troublesome
    3) Quoting: the new quick quote and post interface is pretty crap. It's slow and only works less than half the time. Usually requires a page refresh, multiquoting is very awkward
    4) Posts disappearing. On a daily basis, after hitting send on movie, the sites returns and error page. Essentially eating what ever post you just wrote. Its pissibablt time related, as it more often happens with longer posts. Which is considerably more annoying. It's gotten to the stage where I'm copying posts before I send, but don't always remember to do so.

This has happened since the start but I've been letting it slide as it will never be perfect from the get go. But teething problems have gone on long enough now, it feels like the site is still beta testing.

Hi Mellor,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with the Touch Site. The site as a whole is something that we're working on to sort out its issues and improve the whole experience.

To get a clearer picture of the problems you're having, could you let me know what OS and browser you are using? When you say randomly stops working, is it presenting an error message?

In what way are followed threads troublesome? I haven't had any issues personally, so I need to get a better idea of this.

The quoting feature isn't working as hoped and yes, multi-quoting is much more difficult as a result. Have passed this along to the tech guys.

What error message are you getting when posts disappear? And is this tied into the above issue of the site not working? Have you spotted a trend in duration spent writing a post and frequencies of errors? And do you have the checkbox on the login screen that says "Stay logged in" checked?

Thanks!

flazio wrote: »
    Also to add, there doesn't appear to be an option to "Mark forum read" when you've gone through all the topics of interest.

No, there's currently no way to do this. This is something that we're hoping to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Using an iPhone 6, iOS 10, Safari

I have my user CP subscriber threads as shortcut. The shortcut address is a touch imo (touch.boards...). Lately it's stopped working, it just directs me to a error screen that's in the full site format.

I have the browser set to auto log in and never have to renter my password with any error. But the lost post does appear to be time related. As it tends to affect longer posts more often (which exponentially more annoying). The error page I get they says "opps...unexpected error".

Edit:it actually just happen now.
    http://i.imgur.com/4NoJzL5.jpg

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mellor wrote: »
    Using an iPhone 6, iOS 10, Safari

I have my user CP subscriber threads as shortcut. The shortcut address is a touch imo (touch.boards...). Lately it's stopped working, it just directs me to a error screen that's in the full site format.

I have the browser set to auto log in and never have to renter my password with any error. But the lost post does appear to be time related. As it tends to affect longer posts more often (which exponentially more annoying). The error page I get they says "opps...unexpected error".

Edit:it actually just happen now.
    http://i.imgur.com/4NoJzL5.jpg

As I don't own an iPhone myself, I'm going to need you to break down the process of the shortcut address so I can get someone who owns one to do it so we can try to replicate it.

You've followed a thread, but then you bookmark said thread in Safari OS? And then the error occurs when you try to visit that thread? Or you've setup a shortcut to your Subs screen and are trying to visit that via Touch? Or, finally, is it the My Followed Threads screen that you're trying to access via a bookmark?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement