Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPLAINT

Options
  • 12-01-2017 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

COMPLAINT

Hi unfortunately this is a complaint email.
    over the past few days i have been investigating using a cloud accounting program and have been researching bank which offer live bank feeds.
    Bank of Ireland DO NOT support live bank feeds on business accounts and i have also found out that you have even stopped allowing customers to export the statement data from business online and also 365 online, obviously with the intention of forcing customers to pay the ridiculous €70 per month charge on business online for the export option.

I think this is an absolute disgrace and lack of customer care. surely your aim should be to make banking as easy as possible to attract customers rather than 'screw' them for every penny. we have 4 personal and 2 business accounts, 2 credit cards with you for the last 12 years and have NEVER been over drawn, taken loans or missed payments of any sort and feel to be forced in this way to pay for a service which undoubtedly should be free is just unacceptable.

We have already been in contact with AIB today and have a meeting set up next week with the intention of switching ALL our accounts to them.
    Incidentally they DO not only offer the export feature but more importantly the option to connect accounts software directly for live feed.

It is a shame we are being forced into moving as we certainly do not have the time to deal with the switch but are being given no choice.

regards a very dissatisfied, disappointed long term good customer.

Matt Kemp
    IDL Ireland  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Matt,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy and wish to raise a complaint. As per our charter here we cannot formally respond to customer complaints on our social media sites. If you wish to make a formal complaint, this must be initiated through your local branch, product department or alternatively through our Group Customer Complaints department whose details are available here.

As part of a recent initiative, all Business On Line customers monthly subscription fee’s are now reduced to 10E per month, along with all the additional functionalities that used to spread over Level’s 1, 2 & 3 including the Export facility.

If you would like us to arrange a call from our Business On Line Team, to go through service level options on your BOL subscription please click the link under my name to send a private message.

We do hope you’ll reconsider switching your accounts as we’d be very sorry to lose you as a customer.

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Matt107av

Appreciate the reply Tara, it is good news you are offering all business online customers the export function.
    I cannot recal being informed of this though and I have also spent too many hours online in the past week looking into the accounts link up and haven't seen any mention of it either?

Can you please confirm if your business OR personal accounts are compatible with the quickbooks live feed option?
    Although the export function is helpful it is not ideal. If either type account was compatible I would of course consider not moving but if not it is a very strong pull for me to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Matt107av wrote: »
    Appreciate the reply Tara, it is good news you are offering all business online customers the export function.
    I cannot recal being informed of this though and I have also spent too many hours online in the past week looking into the accounts link up and haven't seen any mention of it either?

Can you please confirm if your business OR personal accounts are compatible with the quickbooks live feed option?
    Although the export function is helpful it is not ideal. If either type account was compatible I would of course consider not moving but if not it is a very strong pull for me to move.
    Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your reply. 

If you would like us to arrange a call to you from our Business On Line team to discuss your accounts and the compatibility options, please send us a Private Message here by clicking on the link in my signature. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah

I understand that you are allowing the download function to all business customers which is good.
    Do you have any plans to enable the live feed option? This would certainly stop me from considering moving and likely many more customers as you would be the first bank on ireland to offer it to business accounts.

Hi Sarah

I understand that you are allowing the download function to all business customers which is good.
    Do you have any plans to enable the live feed option? This would certainly stop me from considering moving and likely many more customers as you would be the first bank on ireland to offer it to business accounts.
    Hi Matt, 

Can you clarify what you mean by live feed option? Are you looking to view transactions live on Business On Line as you make them? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi Sarah

The live feed is an option which most accounting packages, sage, quickbooks and xero etc offer.
    It basically means that the accounts software logs into your bank account as as things happen it automatically synchronises with bank rather than a customer having to download and upload statements which can be troublesome due to duplication.

It is certainly the direction things are going and seems banks in Ireland are way behind on offering it as the ONLY bank doing it is aib personal accounts which seems pointless!

This link gives a bit more info

https://www.quickbooks.co.uk/accounting-software/bank-downloads/

Hi Sarah

The live feed is an option which most accounting packages, sage, quickbooks and xero etc offer.
    It basically means that the accounts software logs into your bank account as as things happen it automatically synchronises with bank rather than a customer having to download and upload statements which can be troublesome due to duplication.

It is certainly the direction things are going and seems banks in Ireland are way behind on offering it as the ONLY bank doing it is aib personal accounts which seems pointless!

This link gives a bit more info

https://www.quickbooks.co.uk/accounting-software/bank-downloads/
    Hi Matt, 

We double checked the live feed option with our Business On Line team who have advised there's no immediate plans for this and they also added the following: 

"Our aim is to provide our customers with the best service possible.  We’re constantly reviewing our Digital Channels and over the past 18 months, we’ve introduced a number of enhancements to Business On Line to make banking with us better. These include design and functionality updates, the introduction of Security Codes, a new training portal, Help & Support pages, improved payment cut-off times and a simplified pricing proposition. We will continue to monitor demand for account reconciliation services and assess as we plan future digital enhancements."

If you would like us to arrange a call to you from our Business On Line team to discuss your account further, please send your name and contact number in a private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah
    Could you please look into something for me please.

Sage and xero accounting software both say they are compatible with banking 365 (not business online) for live feed option. However I cannot find if quickbooks software is compatible.
    I would be surprised if it's not as I believe that they all use the same company 'yoodle' for the connection, so don't see why all software couldn't be compatible?

This would solve all of our problems and worries as I am already in the process of registering our business account for 365, then we can live link to quickbooks.

Please can you look into whether personal/365 online accounts are compatible with quickbooks?

Sorry my bad spelling, company providing the bank links is 'yodlee'

Thanks Sarah
    Could you please look into something for me please.

Sage and xero accounting software both say they are compatible with banking 365 (not business online) for live feed option. However I cannot find if quickbooks software is compatible.
    I would be surprised if it's not as I believe that they all use the same company 'yoodle' for the connection, so don't see why all software couldn't be compatible?

This would solve all of our problems and worries as I am already in the process of registering our business account for 365, then we can live link to quickbooks.

Please can you look into whether personal/365 online accounts are compatible with quickbooks?
    Hi Matt, 

I'm afraid we are unable to offer support into other third party software, you would need to contact them directly to check whether this would be compatible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Tow

We double checked the live feed option with our Business On Line team who have advised there's no immediate plans for this and...

If you have no plans for a live feed to 3rd parties, how are you going fulfill your PSD2 obligations? You lave less that a year to get this up and running!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Tow wrote: »
    We double checked the live feed option with our Business On Line team who have advised there's no immediate plans for this and...

If you have no plans for a live feed to 3rd parties, how are you going fulfill your PSD2 obligations? You lave less that a year to get this up and running!
    Hi Tow,

As Sarah mentioned, we've no immediate plans but as always, we will notify our customers well in advance of any upcoming changes to our services. 

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shianto

Hello Tara,

I realise this thread is a bit old now, but is there any update on getting account feeds from Business Online?

Many thanks

shianto wrote: »
    Hello Tara,

I realise this thread is a bit old now, but is there any update on getting account feeds from Business Online?

Many thanks
    Hi shianto,

Thanks for your post. We've no update on this at the moment, however we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we do. thanks for getting in touch.
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Has anything changed here? I see on Sage website they say BOI is compatible with its Yodlee feed but not business banking also Post UK which is BOI

This week I am looking into moving to Ulster bank for this very reason, I am tired of double entering all my bank transactions when there is no need, I can free up hours per week 

https://help.sageone.com/en_ie/accounts/extra-bank-feeds-supported-banks.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

eusap wrote: »
    Has anything changed here? I see on Sage website they say BOI is compatible with its Yodlee feed but not business banking also Post UK which is BOI

This week I am looking into moving to Ulster bank for this very reason, I am tired of double entering all my bank transactions when there is no need, I can free up hours per week 

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. We currently do not have an update on this but please be assured we will be notifying our customers when this becomes available.

Many Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1 willwon155

Thanks, for giving peace of a great blog it's really helpful for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 John Ivory

eusap wrote: »

I can confirm than a year and a half have passed and there is no improvement.

If you are using Quickbooks and try to connect your BOI you will notice that you can only do this if you have a Northern Ireland or UK based BOI account, which is a bit ironical.

Moreover, most cloud-based accounting systems would allow you to upload your bank statements in .csv format but Bank of Ireland does not offer this option on both their "365online" and "business online" sites.

This is very frustrating and after 20 years we are too looking at moving to another Bank....

Advertisement