Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament and Follow Up

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

For a live show where the guys are not "known" or part of WWE it was very well done.

Dunne in particular carries himself like he is something, has a real presence about him.

Thumbs up overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

If you watched that main event and dont think Tyler Bate is an absolute star then I dont know what to tell you. The kid is 19 yrs old and gets booked to close the show on a WWE Network Special and he delivers that match! He is gonna main event WrestleMania. My god he is amazingly talented!

Tucker looked superb also and will not have gone unnoticed. Hope to see more of him in OTT.

Rest of the show was fine. Pete Dunne shining like I knew he would. Trent Seven being brilliantly entertaining. Mark Andrews shone as well and was definitely the fans favourite before the main event.

Jordy Devlin though! No two ways about it, he sh*t the bed. An awful match with a guy that was specifically booked to make him look good. He was able to deliver a good promo afterwards though and hopefully tomorrow he will be a lot more comfortable in the ring with Tyler, who he has faced before and had a great match with at OTT : Its A Matter of Pride last year

https://twitter.com/ElliottCantor/status/820391144081293312

They went on with Dunne's attacking the local lad. I wonder if we will see an injury angle and a walkover or stand in

EDIT: Here is the whole lot form a stage side camera, https://streamable.com/r2iaf

Also really enjoyed the presentation.

Commentary: Cole and McGuinness were there to promote the wrestlers, put them over, inform the audience about what is happening, tell them what to expect and praise what we are seeing made everything appear top class.

The Venue was inspired, it gave the event a special feel from the start.

The introductions before each match were to the point and fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ireland loves you Jordon Devlin (everyone else seems to hate you lol) but I think Tyler Bate will beat him

Pete Dunne is a guy you love to hate, plays a perfect heel

Tyler Bate will go places in the WWE, I'd pair him with Jack Gallagher as those 2 could be the perfect English gentlemen heel tag team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It didn't grab me the way I thought it would. I suppose it's a bit like the CWC you're watch guys you know little about and are coming in cold.

Main event was brilliant both Tucker and Bate being the standouts of the night for me. I'd also commend Danny Birch he really looked the business.

The state of Trent Seven! How has he gained such a profile. His shape is way below par, very "meh" in the ring. Surely twiddling your moustache doesn't make you a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

ShagNastii wrote:
    The state of Trent Seven! How has he gained such a profile. His shape is way below par, very "meh" in the ring. Surely twiddling your moustache doesn't make you a star.

He's quite tidy and solid in the ring and a good look too, yeah he's not in the best shape from a visual standpoint maybe but he can go! Although he does run quite slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Jordan was meant to win, but not at that point. I doubt they would've had him be interviewed straight after if he was meant to lose since not all winners were interviewed.

But yeah overall some guys looked better than others. The final match was in the right position as it was a main event level match. Though when I first saw Tyler, I couldn't figure out if his face reminded me more of Colin Farrell or Russell Crowe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I thought Jordan's match was going really well, thought they worked really well together. The kick that busted him open baffled me, it didn't really look like he connected but the blood started immediately... Also couldn't really figure out how the ref got a three count, and Jordan's reaction as the shoulder came up made it seem weird...

Delighted Tucker got so over, I hadn't realised he'd returned from his injury and I hope that's not the last we see of him - been watching him for years and he really has a lot to give even after the injury it seems!

I was hoping for a Dunne vs Devlin final but now I'm thinking they won't go heel vs heel - if Gradwell gets pulled for injury after the attack from Dunne maybe there is a surprise person to fill his place, one of those eliminated already maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I was looking back to see how the head was busted open, but Jordan's boots didn't seem to have anything exposed that would do it. I guess the ref just made the call to end it going by how much blood was there so quickly.

Regal looked brilliant in the segment at the end when he just got Dunne back up against the wall.

Crasy to think Dunne is only 23 and Tyler is 19.

So is this 2 nights or 3? I thought it was originally 3 but then they said quarters, semis and final are all tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

It was always going to be 2 nights, so yeah, all the final matches are tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just on some of the backstage stuff I've seen on fb, I think it's a bit silly how hard Pete Dunne acts until Regal is around. He seems to run away from him and cower when approached by him! Anyone notice that or just me?

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Just on some of the backstage stuff I've seen on fb, I think it's a bit silly how hard Pete Dunne acts until Regal is around. He seems to run away from him and cower when approached by him! Anyone notice that or just me?

Yeah that is what is happening. Its typical heel stuff where they back away from someone who gets in their face.

Dunne v Gradwell to start tonight according to WWE twitter. I was hoping for a stand in or something but I guess they could still have something good planned for this one (maybe putting over Dunne as a scum bag is enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's great that they're actually creating characters and storylines out of this rather than just an endless array of matches.

Looks like they're planning to kick off the weekly show with ready-made feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Murmurs on Twitter that
    Neville is going to have a match with a mystery guest. Could be BS but count me excited if it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Who on Twitter is saying it Shag?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Great start with dunne and grade well so far.

Wouldn't it be great if Pete Dunne sneak attacked all his opponents on his way to the final and eventually won.

Very good start. Even let Gradwell look good while putting Dunne and his scummy character over.

• Advertisement

Anyones stream bad tonight

All good here on laptop.

Sound here on the App

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »

Working like dusty Rhodes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ahhh, we've got Funley there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sky88 wrote: »

I'm on the ps4 and the stream has paused twice and dropped in quality a couple of times. Pretty good so far tho. I've seen it much worse.

I assume you're ps4 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

perfect for me on PS4

England, Wales, Scotland all in Semi Finals

Will they go with the Irish man now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Carlito?

• Advertisement

On the ps4 aa well improve a lot since the 2nd match

Never heard of Wolfgang before but he's totally won me over.

Advertisement