Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE RIP OFF SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 12-01-2017 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, I dont know if anyone can help but would appreciate if someone could.

I have been with Vodafone 7 years now and they have recently being literally trying to rip me off and cheat me out of money.

About a year and half ago I started getting texts saying my monthly data allowance was at 100% for the month. At that time I was on a package that cost €55 per month and gave me 7GB per month. I could not understand this as I had not used my 3G anymore than any other month where I would never go over my allowance. At first I thought it was a once off but then it happened again the following month.

On the second month in a row of this happening I said it to someone at work who used to work at 'carphone warehouse' and she told me that they were ripping me off and do this regularly to customers claiming you have used up your allowance when you have not and then you will get charged out of bundle rates and drive up your bill.

I rang Vodafone that evening and after 15 mins of getting no where with an agent I requested to speak to a manager. I spent a further 2 hours on the phone explaining to the manager that I had not used my 3G anymore than other months but they keep texting me saying my allowance was used up half way through the month. I told him they were ripping me off and finally when I threatened legal action he took €50 off that months bill and told me it shouldn't happen again.

He was right, after that I didnt have a problem,that is until August last year when my contract was up for renewal and I called Vodafone. They offered a new iphone if I sign up for 2 years which I did and I upgraded to a €60 plan which gave me 8 GB of data per month.

In October last year it all started again, I'd get a text saying early in the month that I had reached 80% of my monthly data when I had not used my 3G anymore than the month when I didnt go over my allowance. I was furious so I rang Vodafone and got the same story from an agent as last time. He asked did I turn off my 3G when not using it, I said yes and informed him I also have all my apps turned off when using my 3G and the only ones open are watsapp & Safari. I was getting no where but didn't have time to speak to a manager as I was at work and since my last experience myself and my partner have had a baby and I just dont have the time to sit on the phone arguing for an hour.

Have a look at the below time lines and tell me this is not a joke. They start out sneaky, my 3G allowance starts at the 1st of every month and I get a text on the 28th of October saying im at 80% for the month. When I saw this I knew they were going to start screwing me again no other text that month but then next month it begins.

November 14th 2016 , get the text that im at 80% allowance even though I have not used my 3G anymore than previous months before but then heres the biggest joke. Two days later Nov 16th they text me saying I have reached 100% of monthly data allowance.

SO YOUR TELLING ME VODAFONE IT TOOK 14 DAYS TO USE 80% AND THEN ONLY 2 DAYS FOR REMAINING 20%!!!

Come on,I mean could it be anymore obvious your ripping me off!!

On December 21st 2016 I get the text saying Ive reached 80% of monthly data then 7 days later on the 28th of December they text saying I have reached 100% of monthly data allowance.

This month, January 10th 2017 I get the text saying Ive reached 80% of monthly data then 2 days later today Jan 12th they text saying I have reached 100% of monthly data allowance.

Is this is not the most obvious scam ever !!??!!

I will probably have to go down the legal route to get this sorted, but, if anyone could give me any advice as to what you did if this has happened to you or what you would do if you were in my situation I'd very much appreciate it.
    Many Thanks

Eamon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Move networks, you'd be a lot richer if you did it 6yrs and 364 days ago. Stop dragging out the agony. Just leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

They are all at that crap!

I was on a plan with Meteor for 30e a month. They text me about last year that my plan was being discontinued and I was being moved a 40e tariff but I could continue to avail of the 30e a month tariff for two years. Consistently been charged 40e since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't believe for a second they're ripping you off. Use an app to track your data usage. Move provider. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Use wifi

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Use any of the free data usage apps. I use one just called "Data Usage" on IOS.

At the start of any billing period, set it to zero, tell it your monthly allowance and it will tell you have much 3G/wifi you've used as the month goes on.

All phone companies screw you some way. Vodafone charged me €23 for scam text messages I never even received. I just saw the charges for them on my bill. They tried to tell me I had to take it up with Comreg!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Simple thing to do, on iphone go to settings, mobile data, mobile data usage is on that page, that will give you a count of all the mobile data you have used since a particular date, you can reset that at the bottom of the page, and then check how much data you use then between now and your next billing cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fail to see what this has to do with an apple device?

Vodafone have a talk-to forum on boards. They may be better than the people you've spoken to on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

xlarge.jpg

Advertisement