Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im concerned

Options
  • 13-01-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi Cant fault the service and Im happy with the package.

My issue is when I rang to cancel my previous contract I got told about what seems like a good offer. €25 pm incl 10gb data and lots of mins, texts and free social media on a 30 day rolling contract.

The paperwork email came and it stated an 18 month contract which I don't want. Got onto the chat function who told me there is no rolling contract. Rang back and the girl said she said its a new deal and hasn't been uploaded on the system or something along them lines. I asked if she could email me the details of the rolling contract and she quickly pointed out that all calls are recorded. My problem I have no concrete evidence of a contract I signed up to and I'm worried the calls would be unretrievable if I decide to change contract, suppier etc.

I have a feeling the resolution will be ring the customer service but again I have no way to record a phone call so that wont resolve anything. I have been onto your chat & twitter reps since and again they say im on a 18 month contract. Is there anything you can do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Did you get a new phone? If you did, you're probably in an 18 months contract. Otherwise, you shouldn't be.

Just had a look at the price plans, and you couldn't get a phone for 25/mo, so it must be a SIM Only plan, which should be 30 day rolling contract, as shown here, select SIM Only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

JoyPad wrote: »
    Did you get a new phone? If you did, you're probably in an 18 months contract. Otherwise, you shouldn't be.

Just had a look at the price plans, and you couldn't get a phone for 25/mo, so it must be a SIM Only plan, which should be 30 day rolling contract, as shown here, select SIM Only.
    yeah sim only. was under contract with the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Hi Cant fault the service and Im happy with the package.

My issue is when I rang to cancel my previous contract I got told about what seems like a good offer. €25 pm incl 10gb data and lots of mins, texts and free social media on a 30 day rolling contract.

The paperwork email came and it stated an 18 month contract which I don't want. Got onto the chat function who told me there is no rolling contract. Rang back and the girl said she said its a new deal and hasn't been uploaded on the system or something along them lines. I asked if she could email me the details of the rolling contract and she quickly pointed out that all calls are recorded. My problem I have no concrete evidence of a contract I signed up to and I'm worried the calls would be unretrievable if I decide to change contract, suppier etc.

I have a feeling the resolution will be ring the customer service but again I have no way to record a phone call so that wont resolve anything. I have been onto your chat & twitter reps since and again they say im on a 18 month contract. Is there anything you can do
    Hi  ssmith6287,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion this has caused. Can you PM me your name, number & pin & I'll check this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

sent, please confirm you received. theres this captcha thing coming up and screen goes white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    sent, please confirm you received. theres this captcha thing coming up and screen goes white
    Hi ssmith6287,

I've checked this & I'm afraid I haven't received a PM from you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement