Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool k/o 4pm Jan 15th

• 13-01-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As is the way with this fixture, to try and hopefully avoid cards in the build up, I'm starting and locking this thread until Sunday morning.

However, feel free to post your combined XIs once its opened. :pac:

Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thread open, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

10 all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Combined 11 taking current form into consideration and more importantly playing 4-3-3 not 4-2-31

De Gea
    Valencia Rojo Jones Milner
    Carrack
    Pogba Lallana
    Mikhataryan Ibra Firmino

Noble mention to Coutinho, Herrera and Origi on their ommisons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I want Liverpool to win but I also need Ibrahimovic & Lalana to score about 6 goals each to rescue my fantasy league this week!!

#doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

United Win 3-0

Sky Spidercam installed to get new angles on Scousers broken hearts and dreams

Roll on 4pm

2nd is the New 5th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A no controversial two nil win to United will keep me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Heart says 2-0 United
    Head says 1-2 to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'll be happy as long as it's not as crap as the first match this season.

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'll be happy as long as it's not as crap as the first match this season.

Agree
    And you said we are never on the same side!
    However
    Further happiness will be obtained via a Utd victory
    So that equates to not being on the same side
    I'm also half-cut so this may explain the ramblings and confusing combination of both agreement / disagreement in one post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just waiting for the spidercam to fall on Sturridge and put him out for the rest of the season with an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If Jose can't get one of the most expensive squads ever assembled, including the most expensive player in the world to beat a Liverpool team with the spine of the team either missing or just coming back, all while having home advantage then questions should be asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree
    And you said we are never on the same side!
    However
    Further happiness will be obtained via a Utd victory
    So that equates to not being on the same side
    I'm also half-cut so this may explain the ramblings and confusing combination of both agreement / disagreement in one post

Half cut at this hour of the morning? Fair play. That's impressive. Are ya still going from last night or did ya start ridiculously early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If Jose can't get one of the most expensive squads ever assembled, including the most expensive player in the world to beat a Liverpool team with the spine of the team either missing or just coming back, all while having home advantage then questions should be asked

Is it not the managers job to have players to step in when players are injured? See Smalling - Rojo for united? I love this poor mouth stance all the pool fans are taking over players been out. Mané going to the AFCON was hardly a shock!

• Half cut at this hour of the morning? Fair play. That's impressive. Are ya still going from last night or did ya start ridiculously early?

Possibly both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is it not the managers job to have players to step in when players are injured? See Smalling - Rojo for united? I love this poor mouth stance all the pool fans are taking over players been out. Mané going to the AFCON was hardly a shock!

Exactly That negative spending transfer window last summer aint so appealing when your second string is a bunch of kids and players are getting tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

jayo26 wrote: »
    Exactly That negative spending transfer window last summer aint so appealing when your second string is a bunch of kids and players are getting tired.

Aaaand. It begins.......

Match is being hyped to death again so it'll probably be another rubbish 0-0 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Aaaand. It begins.......

Nothing begins its a genuine comment and observation it's not a dig or designed to provoke anything.

Huge pressure for Jose & Co..... a must win home game. A win and they are still 2 pts behind LFC with inferior goal difference.

Utd will park the bus and let Liverpool dominate poccession. With coutinho back firmino has no excuses unless mane is now deemed crucial to firmino s game.

The match will be fascinating perhaps.... this little piece of the internet will be entertainment for the week !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

1-1 draw but better game than last one when the bus was parked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Comfortable man u win I'm afraid to say. I'll take a draw, considering how poor we've played lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Home win or draw please, plenty of sendings off, controversy and loads of players suspended or injured for rest of the season.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think Manchester will beat Merseyside on this Super Red Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Pool have done well away to the big boys so far.

Jose surely will be more expansive at home in his approach.

That will suit Liverpool, coutinho could be a big player today and if on form could cause probs.

However, if pool play any where near as poorly as the soton game last weds then its a handy utd win.

Random question if Rooney scores an own goal does that count as the record breaking goal to over take Bobby?

Only 1 thing is certain today: if Liverpool win this thread will be closed by 7 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Augeo wrote: »
    Huge pressure for Jose & Co..... a must win home game. A win and they are still 2 pts behind LFC with inferior goal difference.

Utd will park the bus and let Liverpool dominate poccession. With coutinho back firmino has no excuses unless mane is now deemed crucial to firmino s game.

The match will be fascinating perhaps.... this little piece of the internet will be entertainment for the week !

nibble nibble.........

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

If theres one thing I've learn from these big games it's not to expect the match to be in any way entertaining - the build up is by far the best part of it!

1-1 draw for me.

The day when Irish Liverpool fans are scousers and Utd are Mancs. Ridiculous.

Hopefully a decent game and Liverpool edge it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chances are I'll mostly avoid this thread unless we win, in which case it becomes required reading. Formbook says something like 3-1, but if I had to bet on the result I'd go 1-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A boring 0-0 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Random question if Rooney scores an own goal does that count as the record breaking goal to over take Bobby?

Only in a Manchester v Merseyside double bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm going with a score draw here.

Hopefully plenty of drama during the match and less so on the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As is the way with this fixture, to try and hopefully avoid cards in the build up, I'm starting and locking this thread until Sunday morning.

However, feel free to post your combined XIs once its opened. :pac:

Thank you.

Probably one of the most disappointing OPs in match tread history. No expected line ups, no form guides, no manager comparisons and no crests.

I give this 2 out of 10.

On the positive side at least nobody killed each other starting the thread :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Probably one of the most disappointing OPs in match tread history. No expected line ups, no form guides, no manager comparisons and no crests.

I give this 2 out of 10.

Meh, elaborate OP match threads are just looking for thanks. Little intro required for this match. If someone don't know the history of the clubs or current form they are probably in the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I give this 2 out of 10.

Mods too busy minding us to make a decent match thread befitting the occasion.;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My prediction is for both sets of fans to be unbearable after the result no matter what the outcome.

Expect United to win, too good at the minute. Awful price tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Meh, elaborate OP match threads are just looking for thanks. Little intro required for this match. If someone don't know the history of the clubs or current form they are probably in the wrong place.

Have sky being doing it wrong all week then? The hype has been crazy just like 'Red Monday', I just hope the game is better than that disappointment.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

It takes literally 2 minutes to throw up an image and squads.Nobody is thanks whoring when it comes to starting match threads except when they do it to annoy other fans;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Pool have done well away to the big boys so far.

But....

• Advertisement

Have sky being doing it wrong all week then? The hype has been crazy just like 'Red Monday', I just hope the game is better than that disappointment.

Haven't seen Sky all week. Of course they've been hyping it all week. It's on Sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Mane a huge loss for Liverpool. Alot depends on Couthino but he is just back from injury so I'd expect Utd to control the midfield here. Pogba in terrific form. Think he will get on the scoresheet today.
    2-1 utd Pogba Zlatan and Lallana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

zerks wrote: »
    It takes literally 2 minutes to throw up an image and squads.Nobody is thanks whoring when it comes to starting match threads except when they do it to annoy other fans;)

Who really cares for God sake.

What's the odds on Coutinho breaking the new spider cam as he keeps taking shots from 40 yards?

What's the odds Zlatan kicking the spidercam and everyone saying his foot wasn't that high and he was in control anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Which is bigger for United fans these days, games against City or Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Man Utd have foumd form and balance to their team in the last month or so. Liverpool on the other hand are falling away (a bit) at a key time and they don't have as deep a squad as Man Utd to cover their big absentees. With all that, and given that Man Utd are at home would lead me to thinking Man Utd will win. Though Klopp will hope that Mourinho's questionable record in big games where Mourinho's team are expected to take the initiative could play into his counter attacking game. Should be one of many good games today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

On form guide and results guide pool doing worst out of top 5 or 6, should be a utd win,I'd take a draw now.

Who really cares for God sake.

People who don't know the club crests I'm guessing.

Most regulars should I'd say.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Which is bigger for United fans these days, games against City or Liverpool?

City for fans from Manchester. Liverpool for Irish fans.

Same for Everton and Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement