Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool k/o 4pm Jan 15th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

You'd swear this was the game of the century, but reality was this was 6th sgainst 5th in a league where the top teams are so clearly lagging behind the best in Europe.

I'm pretty sure your city boys are 5th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Firmino assaulting Herrera, Klopp has him trained well. Add in the Coutinho and Milner feigning injury.

Cynical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

doc_17 wrote: »
    Pusihing someone is not a red card. He got booked. Pogba headlock not even a free. Wake up

Neither is pulling someones shirt, but some folks want red cards and a fine for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Full strenght lol.

We were missing Bailly, Smalling and Shaw

Ha ha Rojo and Jones not the best pairing anymore for ye? Ye make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can and Wijnaldum really ballsed up that late chance. Should have been the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    you're probably right, united have very little chance from here now i'd say.

It's so petty in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Honestly wonder how much longer Mourinho can put up with Pogba. I know he broke the bank for him but when a player is that poor eventually you have to cut your losses.

Haha

You obviously haven't seen United play before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

dmc17 wrote: »
    Neither is pulling someones shirt, but some folks want red cards and a fine for it?

Context is key. He blatantly killed a counter attack right in front of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Generally I dont watch matches in pubs (for the sake of my sanity) but heing here today, listening and speaking to others, it strikes me just how highly the opinion of these commentators/pundits/media/hype is valued. You'd swear this was the game of the century, but reality was this was 6th sgainst 5th in a league where the top teams are so clearly lagging behind the best in Europe. The real triumph today is the power of Sky's marketing machine because, as a game, that was distinctly average with few moments of real quality, and far too much route one football.
    It's Man Utd vs Liverpool so it will be hyped up.
    But it was an awful standard tbh. Premier League is a way off La Liga. Way too much hoofball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nah, book him for pulling the shirt then book him for simulation, pretending he got punched in the face in order to try and get a player sent off. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Honestly wonder how much longer Mourinho can put up with Pogba. I know he broke the bank for him but when a player is that poor eventually you have to cut your losses.

Hahahaha, yeah, probably been the in the 3 best midfielders in the league the last 2 or 3 months but yeah, let's sell him after 6 months at the club though. What a terrible post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anyway, not getting a win is disappointed, 3 points safe inside the top 4 and 5 points off the dreaded 6th place spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nalz wrote: »
    It's so petty in here.

I know you are, but what am I?

Boom!

Firmino assaulting Herrera, Klopp has him trained well. Add in the Coutinho and Milner feigning injury.

Cynical

3/10 must try harder.

To be fair I reckon Bailly will slot back into the first 11, possibly Shaw too. Smalling is not in form so he's probably not near the first 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure your city boys are 5th :)

I don't really care, you get the point and it's that no team can compete against the very best in Europe playing like that. That second half was dismal, the type of stuff you could go to your local park and watch on a Sunday morning. The lack pf quality, considering the expense of these squads, madee legitimately angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Poor result for United considering all the chances. Liverpools goal a moment of stupidity, United goal a moment of Zlat genius.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I know you are, but what am I?

Boom!

Eh, ok then! I think

Context is key. He blatantly killed a counter attack right in front of the ref.

Which is a yellow. Same as when other players do it to other teams. Coutihno's wasn't just a 'push'. It was retaliation. You're right, context is key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Liam O wrote: »
    Hahahaha, yeah, probably been the in the 3 best midfielders in the league the last 2 or 3 months but yeah, let's sell him after 6 months at the club though. What a terrible post.

He's completely overrated.

OK with the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

They probably are at the moment since our 1st choice pairing are not available :rolleyes:

Coutihno's wasn't just a 'push'.

What did Coutinho do?

Pogba was brutal. 90m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

After watching that I think it's fair to say Utd have more likely to finish ahead of Liverpool than they are to catch Chelsea. Spurs looking like the only real challenger now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Liam O wrote: »

lol Redknapp showing how dreadful he was today. Henderson and Gini easily better CM's this season.

Souness is going to hit someone.

Souness is going to hit someone.

So is Carragher. Hopefully they both hit Henry.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Pogba was brutal. 90m

One game though and still very young.

Doubt he'll ever be worth that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Second half Liverpool actually had much the better chances. Aside from giving the ball away a ton before Coutinho came on they played pretty well and should be very disappointed not to see it out.

What did Coutinho do?

He retaliated and struck him in the chest, and he got booked and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

China get criticized for spending crazy money on players but seriously £90m on Pogba beats them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He was on the far side of the field so don't think it was Count.

20 years younger after that, we had the better chances poor finishing costs us again... still take it though

lol Redknapp showing how dreadful he was today. Henderson and Gini easily better CM's this season.

Henderson probably has alright looking at the season as a whole.

Don't think Wijnaldum has been great though I am a fan of his.

I just don't know how anyone not on the wind up can actually bring up dropping/selling him but maybe I'm thinking too much of some in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And this happened after he morphed into Bobby Firmino, yes?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He was on the far side of the field so don't think it was Count.

Apologies, Firmino is who I was referring to

Nalz wrote: »
    One game though and still very young.

Doubt he'll ever be worth that though!

The marketing potential of him makes the fee a lot smaller in real terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some amount of whinging and bitching about the ref by the pool fans. Home teams tend to get the decisions when it comes to the 50/50's.

Fair play to him for spotting the handball. Didn't even see any players appeal for it even though it was so obvious on replay.

Pogba and Rooney should have been booked but other than that he was fine. Pool fans calling for a red for Herrera is some joke.

Fair result in the match I think. Pogba should have put us ahead but wasted the opportunity and then gave Liverpool a gift. Miki and Ibra missed chances then. We got very panicky in the 2nd half and just rushed things and pool should have caught us on the counter. Made a balls of a few chances and hit some weak shots.
    Overall, poor performance from us and should put us out of whatever small chance we had at the title.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

do I dare ask who won the draw? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool went full on park the bus in the second half, never tried to win the game and only got their chances when United had 7 attackers on the pitch. Were handed the lead by United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Some amount of whinging and bitching about the ref by the pool fans. Home teams tend to get the decisions when it comes to the 50/50's.

Fair play to him for spotting the handball. Didn't even see any players appeal for it even though it was so obvious on replay.

Pogba and Rooney should have been booked but other than that he was fine. Pool fans calling for a red for Herrera is some joke.

Fair result in the match I think. Pogba should have put us ahead but wasted the opportunity and then gave Liverpool a gift. Miki and Ibra missed chances then. We got very panicky in the 2nd half and just rushed things and pool should have caught us on the counter. Made a balls of a few chances and hit some weak shots.
    Overall, poor performance from us and should put us out of whatever small chance we had at the title.

Lovren certainly went mad for the penalty, a few players did but it was called almost instantly so objections stopped fast.

The refs also missed the offside for the goal, which is the big point of frustration of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Liverpool the victims of poor officiating.

Liverpool went full on park the bus in the second half, never tried to win the game and only got their chances when United had 7 attackers on the pitch. Were handed the lead by United.

did that happen? I must have blinked and missed it or something. thanks for the update though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liverpool went full on park the bus in the second half, never tried to win the game

Wijnaldum had two very good chances alone in the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

In fairness to united, they are making some money back on Pogba by having Paddy Power sponsor his hair :p

• Advertisement

Utd reverted to type hoofing balls 2nd half.

Pretenders I think more than contenders.

And yet they had more chances, more shots on goal and more corners.....

Pain in my hole with Sky trying to make a cult of personality around Neville and Carragher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Liverpool the victims of poor officiating.

Excuse

And yet they had more chances, more shots on goal and more corners.....

reality is a fickle beast.
    the same set of fans that do mental to flip-flops to try and convince themselves they win draws. stats & stuff mean nothing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement