Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool k/o 4pm Jan 15th

Comments

Where have you pulled that out of? He's talking about Liverpool fans victim complex and make it about Hillsborough? Ironically but unsurprisingly making yourselves the victim yet again.

You should do your research and find out where the always the victims chant comes from.

Ignorance is no excuse :(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Nalz wrote: »
    I'd ignore those certain united fans and concentrate on having a decent debate/discussion with Liverpool and United fans who aren't acting like twats.

aye true, normally if I bring up gloryhunting it scares off those kinds of posters, or they over-compensate :p

As far as the match is concerned, once again I though Rooney looked quite weak when he was brought on. He fluffed 2 chances, albeit 1 was offside. Liverpool looked reasonably comfortable but sometimes they can be sloppy as hell, I always get that feeling that there is something in the post for them mistakes wise. It was kind of a rough game, neither team really playing to their potential so yeah, a draw seems fair. both teams will have to do a lot better if they are to catch Chelsea and Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

And the thread wasn't doing too badly up til now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bye everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Where have you pulled that out of? He's talking about Liverpool fans victim complex and make it about Hillsborough? Ironically but unsurprisingly making yourselves the victim yet again.

Oh dear. Another one.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll be closed before 7 at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    It'll be closed before 7 at this point.

Best thing for it

Best thing for it

the thread is the real victim here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Shut it down, stop the bile, nice to see true colours of some Utd posters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

BMMachine wrote: »
    GUYS STOP BRINGING UP REALITY.
    THEY NEED THIS. THATS WHY THEY PICKED THAT TEAM TO SUPPORT. THEY LIKE WINNING

Not when I started supporting them, people were still drooling over Liverpool and their winning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

yabadabado wrote: »
    Pool,always the victims...

Say ''sorry if my remark caused offence ''

Say it .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

These threads going the way they are is as predictable as Sunderland being in a relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Such a pile of sanctimonious sh**e.

I can't speak for the other poster, maybe they are making sly references to the tragedy and my naivety means I'm missing them, if so I retract my post defending them.

I've only been in Old Trafford once and it was a European game so my knowledge of chants etc. is non existent but I was making absolutely no reference to Hillsborough. People who use that, Munich or any similar tragedy to score points over football have no place in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

On the game . Pretty meh but overall 2 points dropped by Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Such a pile of sanctimonious sh**e.

I can't speak for the other poster, maybe they are making sly references to the tragedy and my naivety means I'm missing them, if so I retract my post defending them.

I've only been in Old Trafford once and it was a European game so my knowledge of chants etc. is non existent but I was making absolutely no reference to Hillsborough. People who use that, Munich or any similar tragedy to score points over football have no place in the game.

Yah right. You've shown your true colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ERG89 wrote: »
    These threads going the way they are is as predictable as Sunderland being in a relegation battle.

The tragedy discussion is definitely the Godwin of the soccer forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This is not a thread for discussing an endless back and forth on this or debating what poster(s) were or were not referring to. Discuss the match in this thread while it is still alive.

Any further similar comments face red cards and bans where necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Say ''sorry if my remark caused offence ''

Say it .

Internet forums.

Serious business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Disappointing result in the end. Liverpool need to be winning games against teams like utd if they want to win the league. Look what Chelsea did to them.

On balance probably fair result, stats suggest Pool hard done by yet Mignolet man of the match.

In the context of the game in a vacuum it's a much better result for Liverpool. However in the context of the season UTD have more room for error as realistically we're out of the title race and don't need to be perfect. On the other hand today put a big dent in Liverpools title hopes, much bigger than the dent it put in UTD's designs on the top four.

Pogba extremely disappointing but nobody who watches our games every week will be worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's some amount of posters still needing a win at any cost, here. Jaysus.

I'm happy with how Liverpool played. I genuinely feel we'd have won that with Matip and/or Mane, but I'd have taken 1-1 before the game after seeing our team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Grayditch wrote: »

I'm happy with how Liverpool played. I genuinely feel we'd have won that with Matip and/or Mane, but I'd have taken 1-1 before the game after seeing our team sheet.

Mane a big loss for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Game was made for Mane in the 2nd half. How many chances would he have got on the end of on the counter? Certainly a couple at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We would have won it if we had Pogba. Really missed him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Me too. All of Liverpool's players put in a great shift. A point at Old Trafford is a great point. 10 of the remaining 17 games at home, so nicely tucked in in joint 2nd now.

On balance probably fair result, stats suggest Pool hard done by yet Mignolet man of the match.

In the context of the game in a vacuum it's a much better result for Liverpool. However in the context of the season UTD have more room for error as realistically we're out of the title race and don't need to be perfect. On the other hand today put a big dent in Liverpools title hopes, much bigger than the dent it put in UTD's designs on the top four.

Pogba extremely disappointing but nobody who watches our games every week will be worried.

Deluded if you think a draw away at Old Trafford puts a big dent in our title hopes. It's January bud not May.
    Pogba has to be the biggest waste of money in football. Probably the worst player on the pitch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

marvin80 wrote: »
    Mane a big loss for Liverpool

It's more Mane and Coutinho being out at the same time that's the killer. Seeing how he played in the second half gave a lot to feel confident about though, doing things Origi just couldn't do.

Deluded if you think a draw away at Old Trafford puts a big dent in our title hopes. It's January bud not May.
    Pogba has to be the biggest waste of money in football. Probably the worst player on the pitch today.

Easily the worst player on the pitch today but thankfully careers are not judged on one game.

9 points behind before the game and they are in flying form with Hull up next.

You don't have these points to be dropping.

• Advertisement

aye thats true. Hopefully United can do us a favour and beat Spurs and Chelsea.

I'll refer you to eigrods post above. We have ten of our remaining 17 games at home. Costa throwing a wobbler will definitely affect Chelseas title hopes as well. United's greatest achievement so far this season is trying to put a "dent in our title hopes". Kinda sad for a club that has the most expensive squad ever assembled and the most expensive player ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

eigrod wrote: »

Apologies I was looking at an unupdated table.

I'll refer you to eigrods post above. We have ten of our remaining 17 games at home. Costa throwing a wobbler will definitely affect Chelseas title hopes as well. United's greatest achievement so far this season is trying to put a "dent in our title hopes". Kinda sad for a club that has the most expensive squad ever assembled and the most expensive player ever.

Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal are all +2 on you this weekend and you have to catch them all to win the title.

You can make as many snipes at UTD and Pogba as you like my core point stands that you don't have these points to be dropping if you genuinely want to win the league.

Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal are all +2 on you this weekend and you have to catch them all to win the title.

You can make as many snipes at UTD and Pogba as you like my core point stands that you don't have these points to be dropping if you genuinely want to win the league.

We are second and seven points behind a club that are in turmoil which only looks like worsening with a lot of tough games out of the way. I think we are nicely placed and if I was you I'd be more worried about securing a champions league place which should be the bare minimum required for such an expensive squad than bothering yourself about Liverpool's title race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We are second and seven points behind a club that are in turmoil which only looks like worsening with a lot of tough games out of the way. I think we are nicely placed and if I was you I'd be more worried about securing a champions league place which should be the bare minimum required for such an expensive squad than bothering yourself about Liverpool's title race.

Give over. Hardly a club in turmoil.

Johner wrote: »

I lolled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Re Pogba...

Nothing against the lad personally, but I really hate what he stands for. He's a marketing tool, pure and simple. All this ****e with PP (Paddy Power??) in his hair, hash tags, Emoji on the billboards.... all smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that he's not really that good. A big strong lad, but only flits in and out of games with little product.

Ronaldo has/had a lot of this BS around him, but he delivered on the field

You are third.

Turmoil? You're aware they won 3-0 away at the weekend and have Hull up next? The entire Costa thing could be tabloid rubbish and has had no discernible affect on the rest of the team.

And I am worried about United qualifying for the Champions League but that doesn't make my point about Liverpool any less true. Thankfully I have the mental capacity to consider Liverpool and UTD's situations simultaneously, I don't have to block out your struggles to think about ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paddy Power. :pac: PP is his name.

• Advertisement

Star striker who fired ye to the top of the table wants away and has major falling out with manager? Yes a club in turmoil. Don't let a win against a piss poor Leicester team yesterday gloss over the fact that when ye need Costas goals against tougher teams down the road he more than likely won't be around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Paddy Power. :pac: PP is his name.

Ah here, I'm taking the piss lad, but it's not his name, it's his initials, or part of the 'brand'.

As is said, nothing against him personally, he's probably a nice lad, and good to his mammy, but more a commentary on the BS around modern sports and what's seen as important and makes a player great.

Star striker who fired ye to the top of the table wants away and has major falling out with manager? Yes a club in turmoil. Don't let a win against a piss poor Leicester team yesterday gloss over the fact that when ye need Costas goals against tougher teams down the road he more than likely won't be around.

I've a bucket and spade here but I think we'll need heavier machinery to get your head out of the sand.

I've a bucket and spade here but I think we'll need heavier machinery to get your head out of the sand.

Cheers but I'm alright. I'm more worried how we are gonna remove your head from up your hole. It's fair wedged in there.

Cheers but I'm alright. I'm more worried how we are gonna remove your head from up your hole. It's fair wedged in there.

I actually enjoy being insulted towards the end of a debate, always a good indicator they've nothing to say against the points that you've made.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Some amount of whinging and bitching about the ref by the pool fans. Home teams tend to get the decisions when it comes to the 50/50's.

Fair play to him for spotting the handball. Didn't even see any players appeal for it even though it was so obvious on replay.

Did you not watch the half time analysis? 5/6 players looked for it to be a peno. Don't believe everything out of Gary Neville's mouth!

I actually enjoy being insulted towards the end of a debate, always a good indicator they've nothing to say against the points that you've made.

Ah you got personal first in your last post bud. And that's your own business if your into that kinda kinky humiliating stuff. I wish you well.

Ah you got personal first in your last post bud. And that's your own business if your into that kinda kinky humiliating stuff. I wish you well.

I made out that you had your head in the sand about how good Chelsea look, that's not personal.

I made out that you had your head in the sand about how good Chelsea look, that's not personal.

Whatever. I'm out. Good luck and thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Pogba was poor today no doubt. But the 'waste of money' comments make me laugh. He's been exceptional most season long. The point scoring here by rival fans makes me realise why I tend to avoid these match threads. Football knowledge isn't needed when there's a chance to get the petty digs in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement