Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool k/o 4pm Jan 15th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

zerks wrote: »
    What's the odds on Coutinho breaking the new spider cam as he keeps taking shots from 40 yards?

Probably about the same as him dribbling through your defence and dinking one past DeGea but that would never happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd bite your hand off for a draw

Utd are hitting form as we have been falling away. Couple that with the likes of Henderson and Coutinho only coming back in from injury and the inevitable rust they'll have I can't see anything other than a Utd win here

3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nothing begins its a genuine comment and observation it's not a dig or designed to provoke anything.

Ah it was a little dig at least, surely? The original post from redzer wasn't "poor mouth" really, it was just stating the fact that LFC have a few players missing. Utd should really win this game, and I expect them to. Hell, I'd expect Utd to win this even if Pool were at full strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    City for fans from Manchester. Liverpool for Irish fans.

Same for Everton and Liverpool fans.

Nah, the derby is huge but even for the majority of local fans this is the game United supporters looks for first when the fixtures come out.

Jayop wrote: »
    Nah, the derby is huge but even for the majority of local fans this is the game United supporters looks for first when the fixtures come out.

Different from local Liverpool I'd say. Everton seems to be their number 1. The ones I've met anyway. The atmosphere usually reflects that. Best game of the season to attend imo.

I wouldn't presume to know what local Liverpool fans feel like. I can only say what local United fans I've spoken to have said. Both are huge games but you have to remember that for a large part of most United fans my age life, City have been an awful side down the divisions. Everton have always been in the PL.

• Only 1 thing is certain today: if Liverpool win this thread will be closed by 7 o'clock.

Ahhh, the myth continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ahhh, the myth continues

Bad winners innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'll be happy as long as it's not as crap as the first match this season.

Obviously this counts so long as Liverpool win.

• Advertisement

I can't wait to hear people whinging about the scummy chants in the crowd, that will definitely happen anyway, when things aren't going their way.

Always a great addition to the thread. Everybody's favourite part I'm sure you'll all agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think United will win this one 2 nil, despite them obviously being an inferior sports team, who kick the ball in a manner that is not as pleasant as the way that Liverpool kick the ball, even though they're superiorly financed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I can't wait to hear people whinging about the scummy chants in the crowd, that will definitely happen anyway, when things aren't going their way.

Always a great addition to the thread. Everybody's favourite part I'm sure you'll all agree.

Yeah, for that reason, its a shame the game isn't in Anfield actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Utd to win. And easily at that. Because they're suddenly brilliant. And LFC have become ****e, almost overnight like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ush wrote: »
    Utd to win. And easily at that. Because they're suddenly brilliant. And LFC have become ****e, almost overnight like.

Fair play to United for being Unbeaten at home in their last 15 games over night. Incredible achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The local are doing a thing for the United v pool.

Wear a jersey and if your teams scores first goal you get a free drink.

So I'll wear United Jersey and back liverpool first goal 😂😂

Knowing my luck , it ends 0-0

• Advertisement

The local are doing a thing for the United v pool.

Wear a jersey and if your teams scores first goal you get a free drink.

So I'll wear United Jersey and back liverpool first goal 😂😂

Knowing my luck , it ends 0-0

Half and half jersey?

Might as well close the thread now if people aren't allowed to comment on things that happen :rolleyes:

Might as well close the thread now if people aren't allowed to comment on things that happen :rolleyes:

You seem to have missed where I said
    "When things aren't going their way" :rolleyes:

It's amazing how many people get outraged by chanting when their team is losing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I get you, but I always find it weird when people on here get outraged by it. We know it goes on, we know the guys are idiots and, anyway, it's being done by the match going fans from their respective local areas, not the Irish bogmen of boards.ie. It doesn't deserve the coverage it invariably gets.

Anyway, huge test for United today. Whilst our run of form has been great, the only team of real note that we've beaten was Spurs. If we can win, everything tightens up at the top, if we lose we'll have to dust ourselves off and move forward hoping that some of the big games over the next while work in our favour.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree
    And you said we are never on the same side!
    However
    Further happiness will be obtained via a Utd victory
    So that equates to not being on the same side
    I'm also half-cut so this may explain the ramblings and confusing combination of both agreement / disagreement in one post

Sorry, you shut your mouth now today's not the day to agreeing on anything n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Only 1 thing is certain today: if Liverpool win this thread will be closed by 7 o'clock.

I can close it at 6pm if ye want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I hope football is tbe winner today.

Best of luck to the Manchester red men and god bless this thread and all who post in it.

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United have had nothing but sunshine and rainbows for the last two months, it can't last forever.

Liverpool's recent form is a plus, draw I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I fancy goals today, he'll hardly park the bus at home.
    Think utd will win 2-1 but I would be happy enough with a draw. Pool win would be great and could happen, I just hope the winner deserves it rather than some ref getting a few major decisions wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

With the standard of refereeing in the premier LG being so consistently bad for yrs let's hope the game today isn't decided or overshadowed by officious incompetence!

• Alonso77 wrote: »
    With the standard of refereeing in the premier LG being so consistently bad for yrs let's hope the game today isn't decided or overshadowed by officious incompetence!

Mike Deans the ref
    Mwuhahahahah

I joke I joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If United and City win today, that's the top 6 well and truly sealed off from everybody else this year. It'll just be a matter of who finishes in each spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Combined 11 taking current form into consideration and more importantly playing 4-3-3 not 4-2-31

De Gea
    Valencia Rojo Jones Milner
    Carrack
    Pogba Lallana
    Mikhataryan Ibra Firmino

Noble mention to Coutinho, Herrera and Origi on their ommisons

I would have:
    Lovren ahead of Jones
    Henderson ahead of Carrick
    Mane/Coutinho ahead of Mickey Tiernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If United and City win today, that's the top 6 well and truly sealed off from everybody else this year. It'll just be a matter of who finishes in each spot.

I think thats already the case mate. Everton and WBA arent good enough to sustain it for 38 games not against the current top 6. We're all far and away better then the rest of the league. Its going be the current top 6 for some time I feel.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I can close it at 6pm if ye want.

Not the worst idea regardless of result

Lock it up, stick in a box and shoot that box into the centre of the sun

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    Not the worst idea regardless of result

Lock it up, stick in a box and shoot that box into the centre of the sun

Could always nuke it from orbit.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Could always nuke it from orbit.

But surely that'd wipe out all of u........

Oh, I see what you're doing there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Liverpool can lose today and they'll still be in the title race, If Utd lose or draw then any slim hopes of a shot at the title are gone.

It's an absolute must win for Utd and a litmus test for progress under Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Just saw Daniel Sturridge has an ear ring in his nose.Nothing against Liverpool but for that alone I hope Man Utd destroy them today.

• Just saw Daniel Sturridge has an ear ring in his nose.Nothing against Liverpool but for that alone I hope Man Utd destroy them today.

Injury waiting to happen

Just saw Daniel Sturridge has an ear ring in his nose.Nothing against Liverpool but for that alone I hope Man Utd destroy them today.

Think they call it a nose ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

zerks wrote: »
    What's the odds on Coutinho breaking the new spider cam as he keeps taking shots from 40 yards?
    Or Pogba with his free kicks my money is on Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope we humiliate them on there home patch
    Thrash them within an inch of there sanity
    Hope there is some fire and thunder
    A sense of importance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

finno wrote: »

you'll lose your money, he always hits the post :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

A sense of importance

Some chance of that haha. Good luck to yas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A sense of importance

You should be a motivational speaker, I especially love the bolded line. Love some fire and thunder too!

I think it's gonna be an enjoyable game, wonder if Henderson is passed fit, big loss for Liverpool if he doesn't play, hes a bit like Carrick for Utd, when he's out we look an inferior team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

A sense of importance

Bigly?

Korat wrote: »
    Liverpool can lose today and they'll still be in the title race, If Utd lose or draw then any slim hopes of a shot at the title are gone.

It's an absolute must win for Utd and a litmus test for progress under Mourinho.

Uniteds slim hope of a title race disappeared yesterday when Chelsea got all three against Leicester. That was a must drop points from Uniteds pov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

finno wrote: »

I think the post is in more danger there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think United will win today. 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jayop wrote: »
    Uniteds slim hope of a title race disappeared yesterday when Chelsea got all three against Leicester. That was a must drop points from Uniteds pov.

17 matches to go after today and if United win today the top 6 are all still fighting for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RobertKK wrote: »
    17 matches to go after today and if United win today the top 6 are all still fighting for the title.

Do you think if United lose today they are out of the title race then?

United have the better squad and better options.
    Liverpool have players who can win this for them.
    United have the better recent form.
    Rooney waiting to make United history.

The script would say Rooney to score today. It was this time last year Rooney hit form before an injury set him back.

Johner wrote: »
    Do you think if United lose today they are out of the title race then?

Yeah, it is a vital game to keep a glimmer of hope, however small that glimmer is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If ever there was a game Rooney wants to gain the scoring record in it is this one, 2-0 Man Utd.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement