Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool k/o 4pm Jan 15th

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rumours emerging that Clyne is out. That would be a big blow if true. Presumably Moreno at left back, Milner moving to the right. The only real alternative is Alexander-Arnold at right back which would be a bit of the deep end for the kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    Rumours emerging that Clyne is out. That would be a big blow if true. Presumably Moreno at left back, Milner moving to the right. The only real alternative is Alexander-Arnold at right back which would be a bit of the deep end for the kid.

I think TAA would be able for it, as mad as it sounds. He has ridiculously good composure on the ball, good pace and he's a decent tackler. If he's up against Martial, he'd be kept busy but I think he can handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

2-1 to United. Fellani to score winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Johner wrote: »
    Do you think if United lose today they are out of the title race then?

In fairness

I think nearly all United fans believe we cant win the league this season.

But we can finish 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This was posted in the United thread but something fans from both United and Liverpool can enjoy for different reasons:

Mkhitaryan speaking about Klopp:
    'He was always next to you if there were playing problems or life problems. He is a good person,' says Mkhitaryan ahead of his reunion with the Anfield boss.
    'In particular, he helped me a lot because I was thinking too much about football. I took defeats too seriously, I'd obsess about any chances I missed. He told me that it's just life and I had to let it go because when the next chance comes, I needed to be in the right frame of mind to take it.

'I learned to realise that everyone makes mistakes in life and you can't worry on the pitch. You have to forget about it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4120708/Manchester-United-star-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Jurgen-Klopp-star-getting-early-struggles-Old-Trafford.html

I'm not generally a fan of the Joe type humour, but thought this was funny.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/820639407384489984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    In fairness

I think nearly all United fans believe we cant win the league this season.

But we can finish 2nd.

Yeah, league site gone. Just about getting that CL spot.

Rumours emerging that Clyne is out.......

:(

hopefully wannabe ITK rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Matip out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This would really be bad news. It would unsettle things a lot and even the possibility of Moreno starting such a game....If he does I will be having a set on utd to score a pen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    This would really be bad news. It would unsettle things a lot and even the possibility of Moreno starting such a game....If he does I will be having a set on utd to score a pen!

I reckon TAA will start if Clyne is out, not ideal either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

garra wrote: »
    I reckon TAA will start if Clyne is out, not ideal either

Who the fook is TAA when he's at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Who the fook is TAA when he's at home?

Trent Alexander-Arnold. See that written out a few times in this thread and you'll be far happier to see TAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just got this - may be wrong.

Mignolet,
    Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Klavan Milner,
    Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum,
    Lallana, Firmino, Origi.

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Moreno, Stewart, Coutinho, Ejaria, Sturridge

Rumours correct

C2OFntUXcAAk3aN.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

#mufc: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Ibrahimovic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So a few options on the bench at least in Coutinho and Sturridge.

On paper the LFC back 4 is less than confidence inspiring.
    Ibrahimovic must fancy his chances.

• Advertisement

• 5starpool wrote: »
    #mufc: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Ibrahimovic

Arguably our strongest 11
    Mata on the bench is a different weapon and can be used if game needs changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No Matip and Clyne. No Mane and Coutinho only on the bench. That's Liverpool missing probably their two best defenders and two best attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Would have played Moreno. TAA is a talent but still a child at this level. The Stretford End will be baying for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Left back is Utd's weak link at the moment, so glad Mane isn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Uniteds best team against one of Liverpool's worst. If they can't win this they have no hope of getting top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Uniteds best team against one of Liverpool's worst. If they can't win this they have no hope of getting top 4.

Lets be honest City are handing them a top 4 spot right now win lose or draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Huge game for us today. A win and we can really get into this title chase but if we loose I think it will be a battle to get in top 4.
    Having now seen the teams, I'm much more confident of getting a win. That Liverpool back 4 is pretty weak and can see martial giving the young lad a tough time of it today.

3-1 to united with Rooney banging in the clincher to break the record

Korat wrote: »
    Left back is Utd's weak link at the moment, so glad Sane isn't playing.

Sane is City's African flyer, Mane is LFC's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully TAA can take inspiration from Rob Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

garra wrote: »
    Sane is City's African flyer, Mane is LFC's

Same is German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I see Pool fans have the excuses out early

• Advertisement

No Clyne or Coutinho. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No Clyne, no Matip, no Coutiniho and no Mane...seriously weakened team - not confident about this. Would be delighted with a draw.

Unfortunately I don't see a victory for LFC today, the team is short of our best defenders and attackers and our midfield anchorman is only just back from injury. Can and Wij ahead of Henderson is not going to cut it today.

Tusky wrote: »
    No Clyne, no Matip, no Coutiniho and no Mane...seriously weakened team - not confident about this. Would be delighted with a draw.

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

yabadabado wrote: »
    I see Pool fans have the excuses out early

In fairness missing 4 of your best players for any big game is usually pretty significant for any side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Matip exclusion is a bloody kick in the teeth, cant see us getting a win from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Toobz wrote: »
    Same is German.

So if Same is German,who the fook is Sane,we are gone from one fella to three.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

In fairness missing 4 of your best players for any big game is usually pretty significant for any side.

Yeah can't argue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

If you're a team with no depth in your squad in can be a real problem.

At least with City losing, whatever happens today LFC are still top 4 and will have their best players to come back into the team.

• Advertisement

• OK pub time
    Here's hoping we bate the ****e out Liverpool
    Come on utd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

zerks wrote: »
    So if Same is German,who the fook is Sane,we are gone from one fella to three.:)

God dammit :p

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    OK pub time
    Here's hoping we bate the ****e out Liverpool
    Come on utd

Heading to the pub for this too. Gotta make the most of a 4pm United v Liverpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Would prefer a united win, want to see the top 6 bunch up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Still think Liverpool will not get beaten today. If Klopp decides to go at United, Liverpool should win this but I think that he will take a more conservative approach and look to sneak it late in the game. I'll go for 1-2 to Liverpool. Both Manchester clubs will be out of the title race by 18:00 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Not confident for pool after seen that team. Gladly take a draw.
    Positive is we have 2 good subs that can change the game
    Here's hoping

Berserker wrote: »
    Still think Liverpool will not get beaten today. If Klopp decides to go at United, Liverpool should win this but I think that he will take a more conservative approach and look to sneak it late in the game. I'll go for 1-2 to Liverpool. Both Manchester clubs will be out of the title race by 18:00 this evening.

Are you suggesting the tactical genius that is klopp will park the bus? :eek:

limnam wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the tactical genius that is klopp will park the bus? :eek:

He calls it gegenparking.

zerks wrote: »
    He calls it gegenparking.

A reverse press....interesting...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

lol Klopp saying he asked for Coffee and got tea. Hate Liverpool but love Klopp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement