Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts on warfare

Options
  • 13-01-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

Hows things?

I was just wondering if anybody could suggest some podcasts on warfare - specifically ancient warfare but any suggestions up to the start of the 20th century are welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

sonic85 wrote: »
    Hows things?

I was just wondering if anybody could suggest some podcasts on warfare - specifically ancient warfare but any suggestions up to the start of the 20th century are welcome.

Thanks

I used to listen to the "ancient warfare podcast" and "Europe, Key Battles". But I gave up on the latter as I just couldn't get used to the presentation of it, so lifeless and dull.

There are the "history of......." series of podcasts too, covering Rome and Hannibal, both are pretty good.

It's actually hard enough to find some decent history/warfare themed podcasts ESP on Irish stuff

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Not a podcast but a very entertaining youtube provider :
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA
    He deals from modern to ancient warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for the suggestions lads. I'll have a look at them and if anybody else has any other suggestions let me know please! I enjoy listening to stuff during work but it's hard to find good in depth conversations on different events.

I downloaded some lectures from a historian called Donald Kagan which are brilliant. All about ancient Greece - Sparta and Athens. Great stuff

Advertisement