Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Good Indian Take Away - North Dublin City (Glasnevin)

Options
  • 13-01-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Since moving to the area a year and half ago, we've struggled to find a decent indian take away. We wouldnt get one regularly, maybe once every 2 months, but its a lovely treat when good. To date we've found no good ones.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

there is a nice one across the road from The Beaumont House just up the road.
    If memory (story) is right, think the chef used to work in the Indian Embassy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Spice & Rice on Dorset St is good, and they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If India link is still in Beaumont I'd advise you to avoid it, unless they have changed chef

If India link is still in Beaumont I'd advise you to avoid it, unless they have changed chef

really? i must admit been a few years since i was last there but thought it was lovely at that time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Vagya in the Sunnybank Hotel on Botanic Road is good. It's Nepalese, but then most of the 'Indian' restaurants in Dublin are Pakistani or Bangladeshi owned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

spurious wrote: »
    Vagya in the Sunnybank Hotel on Botanic Road is good. It's Nepalese, but then most of the 'Indian' restaurants in Dublin are Pakistani or Bangladeshi owned.

A lot are Mauritian too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Spice & Rice on Dorset St is good, and they deliver.

Another vote for spice and rice, very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Check out your nearest Bombay Pantry. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

The one in Finglas village is really tasty, and good value too. They deliver also.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CWF wrote: »
    Check out your nearest Bombay Pantry. Very nice.

I kept hearing great things about Bombay pantry so ordered from the one in Fairview. Took an hour and half for delivery, food was cold and bland.

We complained, and to be fair they gave us a voucher, so we tried again. No problems with delivery time but naan bread was still cold. Food just as bland as before.

I'm not sure what we were missing but I'd never order from there again.

The place looks like a kip, but I've never gotten a bad Indian from Sweet and Spice on Dorset street. Vagya is also very good.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

there is a nice one across the road from The Beaumont House just up the road.
    If memory (story) is right, think the chef used to work in the Indian Embassy

What's the name of this one?
    I've heard very good reviews about it also.
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I kept hearing great things about Bombay pantry so ordered from the one in Fairview. Took an hour and half for delivery, food was cold and bland.

...I'm not sure what we were missing but I'd never order from there again.

I'm the same. Ordered twice just to be sure, but never again.
    Bland and very expensive. They've done well to build up the brand I guess, but I don't rate it.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    What's the name of this one?
    I've heard very good reviews about it also.

India Link i think it is. worth a go once at least, best way to find out for sure.
    everyone has different taste

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Went there a couple of weeks ago and it was nice. Do they deliver?

I've also gotten food from Ruposhi on Whitworth road and enjoyed it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

matrim wrote: »
    Went there a couple of weeks ago and it was nice. Do they deliver?

Yep

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Not sure if this is too far but one of the best Indian takeaways I've had. The reviews and ratings say it all.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-indiancurryclub - Kilbarrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

jon1981 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is too far but one of the best Indian takeaways I've had. The reviews and ratings say it all.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-indiancurryclub - Kilbarrack

I'm a big fan of that place myself. Great food and never any delays in getting it to you. Also very reasonably priced, probably the best all round in terms of value, service and quality.

There is also the new Maharajah in Clontarf. The Food is excellent but their inability to deliver in under 90 minutes is a thing of wonder. Don't order when you're hungry, order a good while before you plan on eating. It is a bit pricier too than the Indian Curry Club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

+1 for Bombay Pantry but my favourite is Mint Leaf in Drumcondra. Always good delivery time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

matrim wrote: »

I've also gotten food from Ruposhi on Whitworth road and enjoyed it
    Been here a few times. I really enjoyed it. And the lads were dead sound. Definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Also have to recommend that Indian curry club. Looks a bit dodge on the edge of a shopping centre. But good. Always seems to be a tad expensive. But you can get a beer with your meal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ruposhi on Whitworth Road or Spice & Rice on Dorset St. The latter should not be mixed up with Sweet & Spice on Dorset St. which doesn't look great at all.

Ruposhi (sometimes called Rupsha) is great, and even better in the restaurant. The staff and service are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Another vote for Ruposhi. The chicken madras is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

food is good there . Restaurant is nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

As a seasoned curry eater, Indian Curry House in Finglas Village is the best takeaway delivery I've ever had, here and in England. Bombay Pantry is a total rip off and style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Anyone recommending the Ruposhi Indian in Drumcondra needs to get their head examined

A filthy unprofessional dump that should be shut down.

It was served a closure order for appalling kitchen hygiene by the FSAI in June 2014, in Feb 2015 it was also served a closure order for hygiene standards and also raw meat being left unfridgerated !

Last year they were successfully prosecuted again by FSAI for hygiene standards.

So that's three years in a row they have been poisoning customers.

Everytime I go past it I shudder at the thoughts of what people are eating.

Kips like this need to be forced to display hygiene scores like restaurants are in the U.K.

It's a disgrace that they are allowed to stay in business when it is blatantly obvious they aren't fit to serve food to the public.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Gills Tandoori at Hanlons Corner on the NCR is superb. Top notch food every time. I love it but sadly they may not deliver to anywhere East of Dorset st/Druncondra Road.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Gills Tandoori at Hanlons Corner on the NCR is superb. Top notch food every time. I love it but sadly they may not deliver to anywhere East of Dorset st/Druncondra Road.

this is a wind up? Isn't it?

It's a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Bandara wrote: »
    Anyone recommending the Ruposhi Indian in Drumcondra needs to get their head examined

A filthy unprofessional dump that should be shut down.

It was served a closure order for appalling kitchen hygiene by the FSAI in June 2014, in Feb 2015 it was also served a closure order for hygiene standards and also raw meat being left unfridgerated !

Last year they were successfully prosecuted again by FSAI for hygiene standards.

So that's three years in a row they have been poisoning customers.

Everytime I go past it I shudder at the thoughts of what people are eating.

Kips like this need to be forced to display hygiene scores like restaurants are in the U.K.

It's a disgrace that they are allowed to stay in business when it is blatantly obvious they aren't fit to serve food to the public.

That's disappointing. I was there once and the food was nice. Will have to take it off the list of places I look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

JupiterKid wrote:

Easily the worst I've ever tasted. Namaste Smith field us the best by a country mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fook you all, if I didn't have steak seasoned and resting at room temperature all day I'd be having an Indian, I'd bloody murder for one now lol.

• Advertisement

Easily the worst I've ever tasted. Namaste Smith field us the best by a country mile

lets not mention the closure order Namaste had a few months ago.!

Advertisement