Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Good Indian Take Away - North Dublin City (Glasnevin)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mention it all you want, it's still the best take away Indian around.

Bombay Pantry is alright, too much cream for my liking.

This place has ruined Indian take aways for me http://anandarestaurant.ie/ Although it's being awhile since I've eaten there. Must check out http://www.picklerestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Dera, on Parnell St, is actually really good. Pakistani operated, as far as I can tell, it's got a broader menu than most delivery places, including new-to-my-eyes adventurous options (taka tak) with the grilled meats, makhani daal, and chana puri all good options. They just need to go easier on the lemongrass garnish on so many dishes. Some real good value pricing on certain dishes too. Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

lets not mention the closure order Namaste had a few months ago.!

I know, it was relating to the storage area. They needed to upgrade the area which was done straight away without issue. Nothing to do with food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Have to say, some great info (good and bad) on this thread. I'll be coming back to it regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Spice & Rice on Dorset St is good, and they deliver.
    Any of their curries, rice and breads that I have tried are very nice, but they lose marks for consistently lousy onion bhajis & veg. pakora.
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    Gills Tandoori at Hanlons Corner on the NCR is superb.
    I got a takeaway from here once and it was absolute gick. So bad that I never gave it a second chance.
    As a seasoned curry eater, Indian Curry House in Finglas Village is the best takeaway delivery I've ever had, here and in England. Bombay Pantry is a total rip off and style over substance.
    Ooh! A new place added to my must-try list!
    Namaste Smith field us the best by a country mile
    I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Namaste. They have served me some of the best curries I have ever eaten, but also curries that I could barely stomach, and many that were mediocre. The problem is a total lack of consistency and I suspect it depends on who happens to be cooking your dish. You can order (for example) the mixed veg curry one week, order it again the next week, and have two very different dishes. One week it's a lovely semi-dry sabzi type dish with loads of flavour and spice, and the next week its vegetables submerged in a horrible creamy sauce with manky chunks of paneer thrown in too. Their daily meal deals are pretty unbeatable value though if the day's special is something that appeals to you - you could easily feed two people for 8-10 Euro.

OP, if you fancied either going in to town to eat, or can drive in to pick up a takeaway yourself, I'd highly recommend trying out Madina on Mary St. For my money that's one of the best places I know in Dublin to get your curry fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

The best sit down is Indy spice out in swords. I've been going there for about ten years. It's my favourite restaurant in Dublin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Been mentioned, but Vagya is excellent. I'd have that, then Bombay Pantry.

Kinarva Kitchen near clontarf is probably too far but good

Advertisement