Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What insurance companies look for 3 years history?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

I know liberty only looks for 3 years, what other companies do this?
    Just wondering...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Prob none.... normally people that ask for short records have something occurred in last 5.... u may still have to disclose

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

cplwhisper wrote: »
    Prob none.... normally people that ask for short records have something occurred in last 5.... u may still have to disclose

I was wondering why some do 5 years and others 3 years and that got me wondering who does what. I Google it and most companies do 5 I was only able to find liberty with 3 years.
    Curiosity that is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I noticed last time shopping around some were using the phrase "... have you "ever" had any claims, convictions etc etc". Bit much to be trying to dig up old stuff that could be over 5 - 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Some questions are year rated.' Within the last 10-5-3-1 yrs etc...depending on company.
    If u are asked any accidents in last 5yrs and you offer answer of I had a claim 7yrs ago then that can not be used against You as compliance regulator will penalise companies that do so. Any claims/convictions or loading applied to your quote MUST be disclosed to customer by Insurance company

Advertisement