Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB 3CX loss of power

Options
  • 13-01-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i have an 86 jcb 3cx that is in need of some care, fixing it bit by bit as i go but i have noticed now that when the digger is ticking over the enine is fine but when i try use the back hoe or anything else it loses power and sometimes cuts out. it is losing oil in two places that i am tryin to fix at present, there is a seal gone in the boom ram and there is are o rings gone in the oil valve chest that operates the front loader, would that explain the lack of power in the digger or am i looking at something else? thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Have you checked/changed the filters recently? Not familiar with jcb but could have 2 air filters one inside the other. Had an issue with massey once and inner filter was fairly well clogged. Used to change outer filter regularly and just shake out the inner one. Diesel filter could be dirty or have water in the bowl .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Has it got the extending dipper arm?
    Is the pedal that controls it in the central "neutral" position? If its still trying to "pull in" the arm, it will take a lot of the engines power.
    Otherwise, as Foxy Farmer said.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

9 times out of 10 the problem you are describing is diesel related.

First thing to do would be change the main diesel filters, they might be clogged, they are cheap to replace so its worth doing it anyway. There may also be a small gauze filter on the pickup in the tack, which may also be blocked.

Any machine filled with diesel out af a can should really have the diesel filter changed twice as often as normal to keep things right, I do mine every oil change, they are only a few euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

as above, and dont forget the water trap filter down along the chassis rail on the left hand side [as you sit looking forward]
    a blow up into the tank with an airline mightn't go amiss either.
    then there is a tiny filter in the end of the injector pump, where the fuel line goes in. its usually never looked at.

Advertisement