Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epic Date Night Ideas

Options
  • 13-01-2017 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My wife and I (from Galway) were wanting to do two nights later this month in Dublin as a mini-get-away. We though of dinner, drinks, and some dancing (salsa, club, or whatever) but were open to other ideas. So, I though I'd ask the people in the know...what would you recommend for a great evening? Best hotel, restaurant, club, local events? I'll do my own research as well but I'd appreciate any feedback. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tobdom

Sooooo many places to choose from in Dublin..... The Vintage Kitchen is a really cool LITTLE (very small) restaurant on Poolbeg st and it is fantastic - the food is just great there and the service too. Prices very reasonable too for the quality. If you have a sweet tooth, the half baked chocolate cake is one of the best desserts I've had anywhere.....

It is also (or at least was) BYOB, so you can bring your own wine if you like (but you don't have to). Can be hard to get a booking for but worth checking it out.

No affiliation to them, just a very satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 graffted

Thanks! That sounds like a good option. Will look into it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

tobdom wrote: »
    Sooooo many places to choose from in Dublin..... The Vintage Kitchen is a really cool LITTLE (very small) restaurant on Poolbeg st and it is fantastic - the food is just great there and the service too. Prices very reasonable too for the quality. If you have a sweet tooth, the half baked chocolate cake is one of the best desserts I've had anywhere.....

It is also (or at least was) BYOB, so you can bring your own wine if you like (but you don't have to). Can be hard to get a booking for but worth checking it out.

No affiliation to them, just a very satisfied customer.

Agree, its an excellent spot.

The chances of getting a weekend booking are nil id say though, with this short notice. If midweek, definitely check it out.

AS for hotels, check that its not a home 6 nations weekend - hotels will go up in price. I've stayed in a few, none that jump out at me. The trinity capital is supposedly nice, and a decent location, alot will depend on your budget really (hotels are bloody expensive in dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

A leo Burdocks chipper and a swift one at the wrist in temple bar alley

Thanks! Forgot about 6 nations, but I think we might be there the weekend before. Dancing one of the nights is a must...best place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I love Suesey Street. They have a 69 euro for two deal on for their supper club with music. Sit outside on heated terrace for cocktails. I was there yesterday but only poured my elderly relative into taxi at 12 and clubs were buzzing.

amtc wrote: »
    I love Suesey Street. They have a 69 euro for two deal on for their supper club with music. Sit outside on heated terrace for cocktails. I was there yesterday but only poured my elderly relative into taxi at 12 and clubs were buzzing.

Thanks!

Advertisement