Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New double oven

Options
  • 13-01-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

(Also posted on Home Appliances in a zombie thread)

My main oven been temperamental for a while but has now decided that all cooking should be at 300°C, whatever I set it to. It's 25 years old though, so was on borrowed time.

Our recess will need a 67/35 oven.

I'm looking at Bosch, Neff but open to suggestions. I particularly like the fold-away doors in some of the Neffs but it's dependent on availability. This Neff seems quite good but I'm not entirely sold.

Anyone else bought something similar recently that they're either delighted with or regret?

~~~

Additionally, which retailer have you used and how would you rate the experience?

I've priced the one linked in DID, Currys and Power City. All have the same item price with minor differences in delivery and installation. Where else could I look?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dubl07 wrote: »
    (Also posted on Home Appliances in a zombie thread)

My main oven been temperamental for a while but has now decided that all cooking should be at 300°C, whatever I set it to. It's 25 years old though, so was on borrowed time.

Our recess will need a 67/35 oven.

I'm looking at Bosch, Neff but open to suggestions. I particularly like the fold-away doors in some of the Neffs but it's dependent on availability. This Neff seems quite good but I'm not entirely sold.

Anyone else bought something similar recently that they're either delighted with or regret?

~~~

Additionally, which retailer have you used and how would you rate the experience?

I've priced the one linked in DID, Currys and Power City. All have the same item price with minor differences in delivery and installation. Where else could I look?

Thanks!

Try Littlewoods Ireland's website. They sell ovens (not sure about the Bosch) but you can get discount codes for the site that can be great and they offer free delivery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've been longing for a Neff for some time but was recently told that they're overrated and Siemens are far superior, so I'm going to look into them when I replace mine, hopefully this year. When we replaced our dishwasher last year we bought a Bosch from Redmonds Electrical, they're in Gorey but deliver nationwide so it would be worth having a look at their prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'm not sure I'd be keen on buying my oven from Littlewoods. Don't ask me why. They don't have one that suits so that's a moot point. I see what you mean about the discount codes though so I'll certainly bear them in mind for other items in the future.

I'll take a look at Redmonds. Thanks, DizzyBlonde. There's a Siemens double oven that would fit the bill. It's even in stock in one of the Dublin outlets. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bought a few years ago. I was set on a Bosch /Siemens or a Neff but found that their top ovens are really small (wouldn't fit a chicken or medium sized casserole dish).
    I ended up going for an Electrolux and am very happy with it. I use the top oven 90% of the time and love how hot it gets for pizza and such things. I also like its simplicity - knobs rather than buttons and digital display. Great oven and way cheaper than the above ovens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Bought a few years ago. I was set on a Bosch /Siemens or a Neff but found that their top ovens are really small (wouldn't fit a chicken or medium sized casserole dish).
    I ended up going for an Electrolux and am very happy with it. I use the top oven 90% of the time and love how hot it gets for pizza and such things. I also like its simplicity - knobs rather than buttons and digital display. Great oven and way cheaper than the above ovens.

Thanks, tBR but it's now in hand. I ordered a Siemens for delivery this week. It has knobs though. ;)

Fingers crossed!!!

Oh, for a lottery win so I could extend a bit and completely start from scratch. A much better triangle with side by side ovens, two dishwashers, a utility room...

• Advertisement
Advertisement