Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair Sligo.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

T-Bird wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder if they will have an evil laugh and rub their hands vigorously when they see you coming?
    Well I learned enough from people on here not to be fobbed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Well I learned enough from people on here not to be fobbed off!

Blanket trick and its fixed. €50 quid please......

Blanket trick and its fixed. €50 quid please......

Yeah, I'm aware of that, that won't happen. I notice when I bring it back to life it stays working if I leave it on even in sleep mode. Well so far anyway! I know that's not feasible. Does that give any clues to the problem? Once again, thanks everyone for trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yeah, I'm aware of that, that won't happen. I notice when I bring it back to life it stays working if I leave it on even in sleep mode. Well so far anyway! I know that's not feasible. Does that give any clues to the problem? Once again, thanks everyone for trying to help.

Basically, it should be one of 2 things. First guess would have been the wire damaged or loose suggestion above. This happens with most laptops where the wires are fed to the screen the same place the hinges are. Friction often causes them the damage the wire.

Second option is dry joint. You need to strip down and get a magnifying glass to find it or them. Most of them tend to be around high powered inputs, power supply and capacitors etc.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelayoperation/badmainrelay.html

You need to be very careful and use a soldering iron with an extra fine tip. Taheny Electrical in Sligo will have them. The tips in al the other shops will be too big. Also, the circuit boards are multi layered and the solder points are very close together, you have to be very careful not to solder 2 together.

It doesn’t sound as if anything is blown, as you would get a smell from the component.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Basically, it should be one of 2 things. First guess would have been the wire damaged or loose suggestion above. This happens with most laptops where the wires are fed to the screen the same place the hinges are. Friction often causes them the damage the wire.

Second option is dry joint. You need to strip down and get a magnifying glass to find it or them. Most of them tend to be around high powered inputs, power supply and capacitors etc.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelayoperation/badmainrelay.html

You need to be very careful and use a soldering iron with an extra fine tip. Taheny Electrical in Sligo will have them. The tips in al the other shops will be too big. Also, the circuit boards are multi layered and the solder points are very close together, you have to be very careful not to solder 2 together.

It doesn’t sound as if anything is blown, as you would get a smell from the component.
    Thanks. I'll have a go at that or call a friend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thanks. I'll have a go at that or call a friend!!

So long as they have teeny tiny hands with a teeny tiny soldering iron and rock steady hands.

Advertisement