Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Solo Organised Holidays Organisations

• 13-01-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I'm a female in my early twenties starting a new job in March. I have time to kill until then but unsurprisingly nobody else does!! Determined not to let that stop me I was hoping to go on a last-minute organised holiday to somewhere exotic for young, solo, like minded people. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any organisations that seem to offer this service, particularly at last minute.

Would anybody have experience of such organisations or any idea on where to start looking?:)

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Hughsie88 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a female in my early twenties starting a new job in March. I have time to kill until then but unsurprisingly nobody else does!! Determined not to let that stop me I was hoping to go on a last-minute organised holiday to somewhere exotic for young, solo, like minded people. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any organisations that seem to offer this service, particularly at last minute.

Would anybody have experience of such organisations or any idea on where to start looking?:)

Thanks a mill!

I spent a bit of time looking into this last year and I found nowhere that offered what I was looking for.

G Adventures had some good options but were very expensive.

I ended up going away by myself for a week and had the best holiday I've ever had.
    I stayed in a hostel so there were plenty of young solo travellers to mix with and it was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Hostelling is a great way of finding some pleasant company when you're solo. But a bit hit and miss if you want to find company for the daytime.

Are you interested in an activity holiday - e.g walking, cycling, yoga, diving? I think it would be possible to find a holiday company if you have a preferred location.

Are you interested in an overland journey? Africa Overland, Dragoman
    Other thoughts looking at today's travel supplement: Trailfinders, cruising the Danube, Explore.co.uk (walking)
    [Edit] Okay , cruising the Danube in Feb. maybe not so appealling.

Advertisement