Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nope you gotta hold A the whole time!

Is it R to do tricks and not L?

And can someone tell me, does this game allow wheelies?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

****, now I'm doubting myself. I think the tricks thing on ramps is to hit Jump as you get air. Jump is R I think. On the Wii version you had to literally pull up on the wiimote/wheel to do it, don't know if that works on Wii U / Switch with motion controllers?

I don't think they have Wheelies any more, the difference between Bikes and Karts is far less pronounced in 8 than it was in Wii.
    Edit : Looks like Wheelies are cosmetic in 8 - source :
    Wheelie - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Edit 2: Reading their article on Drifting, I clearly haven't a clue - everything I'm doing is counter to how drifting works on MK8. Jaysus! I'm still the best in my house though, so how crap are my kids??? Worst dad ever...

Wait, how are you racing at 200cc and you can't corner?
    (If the answer is "Badly" then I guess it makes sense :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Banjo wrote: »
    Wait, how are you racing at 200cc and you can't corner?
    (If the answer is "Badly" then I guess it makes sense :D )
    Yes Badly :) I'm finishing 6th most of the time. I should be getting on the podium now with the drifting technique ;). This is just against the computer for now, haven't ventured into multiplayer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I checked, its R

L uses items that makes no sense

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario Kart just conjures up nightmares of "I'm Daisy" playing LAN linked up 8 player MK:DD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mario Kart just conjures up nightmares of "I'm Daisy" playing LAN linked up 8 player MK:DD.

https://youtu.be/_nNKU12M5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Breath of the Wild update for MK8D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lovely.

Even hearing the music on that clip put me in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's nice but I was hoping for a new track, not a skin. It looks nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

chrislad wrote: »
    It's nice but I was hoping for a new track, not a skin. It looks nice though.

Same here - was hoping for a little more than a skin....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I liked that 20 minutes where everyone online switched to using BotW Link before returning en masse to using The Wiggler bike and some version of Bowser/Wario.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Daith

Playing online a bit now and still unsure what character to go for. I like control of Dry Bones/Shy Guy but am practically screaming at them to hurry up.

I guess it's hard to beat a heave speed character on bike who knows the course though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Daith wrote: »
    Playing online a bit now and still unsure what character to go for. I like control of Dry Bones/Shy Guy but am practically screaming at them to hurry up.

I guess it's hard to beat a heave speed character on bike who knows the course though?

Donkey Kong is my go to guy but I switch around a lot and don't notice a Hugh difference. It's a well balanced game.
    Once you have the drifting Down and the boosts coming out of bends and over jumps it's grand with anyone really. Just playing more and memorising the tracks is the key to success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Daith

iamtony wrote: »
    Donkey Kong is my go to guy but I switch around a lot and don't notice a Hugh difference. It's a well balanced game.
    Once you have the drifting Down and the boosts coming out of bends and over jumps it's grand with anyone really. Just playing more and memorising the tracks is the key to success.

Fair point. Think I'm getting overwhelmed with the different customisation options and should just stick to a character I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I usually prioritize acceleration over anything else when picking a character. But different things work for different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

new dlc this year could new game in 2019
    too early for mario kart 9

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Banjo wrote: »
    Man, where have you been? This hasn't changed since.... MK64?

The snes one was the same. Hop and hold L or R gong into a corner but not too long or you'll spin out. In other words, mariokart has always had this mechanic.

Advertisement