Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And we all know if you're gonna do something, do it right. So since you've already got a big collection, you may as well improve on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And we all know if you're gonna do something, do it right. So since you've already got a big collection, you may as well improve on it

Yeah, but in some peoples minds, in particular the lady I happened to marry, that may include a bonfire in the front garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A look at it as a two part hobby, playing and collecting.

One can be as equally enjoyable as the other in different ways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    A look at it as a two part hobby, playing and collecting.

One can be as equally enjoyable as the other in different ways.

Oh, I do.
    I think to myself, "If I ever suddenly feel the urge to play Steel Battalion on the Xbox, Nights on the Saturn, Megaman 2 on the Famicom or Under Defeat on the PS3, I know I can...."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Buy sell repeat before you create a black hole with the density of your collection. That's my motto.
    Yeah Paper Mario GC for €10 yippee.

4 years later

Yeah paper Mario for €10 yippee.

Repeat.

• Advertisement

I think my reputation as a "buyer-> seller -> immediate regret..... -> buyer once again" precedes me every where I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, I do.
    I think to myself, "If I ever suddenly feel the urge to play Steel Battalion on the Xbox, Nights on the Saturn, Megaman 2 on the Famicom or Under Defeat on the PS3, I know I can...."

Better looking at it than looking for it as they say.

Nintendo collecting can be a bit stressful at times though! You really have to be on the ball with certain titles, especially from Atlus.

Wait too long to purchase and it will soon be 10 or 20 more than the RRP second hand.

Anyways, I envy those who are about to play MK8 for the first time.

What makes it so enjoyable is you are not required to finish first in every race to win the gold cup. It may seem like a small detail but it's one that is underused in modern racers.

Plenty of times I finished 2nd or 3rd in the last race to snatch the cup by a point or two.

It led me to do this more times than I'm comfortable admitting:

VettelSebastian090404FingerAi200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Overview Trailer (New Battle Mode & Tracks! - Jp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxLWmzH7Dqg

"Check out 5 Minutes of Mario Kart Deluxe in this japanese overview trailer, including a brand new Gold Metal Mario, new Battle Modes like Shine Thief, and new Battle Tracks like Wuhu Island, among others!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Put a pre-order on it yesterday in Smyths. I know it won't sell out and it's a ages away, just wanted to put my flag in the sand.

No video of it I've watched of it has lowered or highbred my excitement, it's like I'm stuck on 'yay neutral'.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Entered a giveaway for this game the other day and I also got my missus to enter it, we both won a copy :eek: (though she did joke that I now have to get her a switch to play it)

Really looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've not played a Mario Kart since the Double Dash on the gamecube, hoping this is as good :)

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've not played a Mario Kart since the Double Dash on the gamecube, hoping this is as good :)

The racing part on 8is the best I've played since double dash. Sadly the battling was muck but they've addressed it with this version
    Although gold metal Mario is a bit if crap addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Pre ordered this on amazon £43 not bad with the way the exchange rate is

New screenshots of mostly the new Battle Arenas in the link below.
    ZchfCzir.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/qkZNt#ZchfCzi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote: »
    New screenshots of mostly the new Battle Arenas in the link below.
    http://imgur.com/a/qkZNt#ZchfCzi

Those solid gold/silver/bronze characters are straight out of a nightmare.

Here's the overview trailer officially from Nintendo UK.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Overview trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTRUxzEl9U

I think the Gold Mario is a lazy colour swap. Minimal effort. The Battle Mode looks good though and well anything's better than the Wii U version. I literally played it no more than 5 times, compared to 1,000's of GP races.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I already have the Wii U version, but I'm starting to think it'd be worth my while to also get it for Switch. I'll probably bite if it falls to the €30-€40 price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Very polished trailer, explaining things very well. It's pretty astounding actually the amount of content in MK8 deluxe. Whatever about Wii U MK8 owners who may/may not be willing to buy again, it offers a ridiculous amount for will-be first time buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I might sell my wiiu disk as it probably holds good value at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario Kart will support up to 12 Switch consoles via LAN play with 1-2 players on each.

• Advertisement

24 player local multiplayer

yCMwVpu.gif

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ANALYSIS - Overview Trailer & New Battle Mode Tracks (Secrets & Easter Eggs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOL21g60tUc

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - The biggest Mario Kart game yet! (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLovt-YsfvU

Nintendo Russia's official store has revealed a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch bundle. Probably ahead of schedule, it was likely meant as an announcement in tonight's Direct.
    C9OSGYKXcAE2jqy.jpg:small

https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/komplekt-nintendo-switch-seryjj-mario-kart-8-deluxe-nintendo-0711583170225

Edit: Another image.
    C9OWhk6XYAMbnV7.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Russia's official store has revealed a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch bundle. Probably ahead of schedule, it was likely meant as an announcement in tonight's Direct.
    C9OSGYKXcAE2jqy.jpg:small

https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/komplekt-nintendo-switch-seryjj-mario-kart-8-deluxe-nintendo-0711583170225

Edit: Another image.
    C9OWhk6XYAMbnV7.jpg:small

Looks nice!!
    Strange that they're doing bundles so soon... The Switch is sold out in most retailers as it is!

Must be an Ireland only bundle, not sold out here and I hear it's mainly for that Gamestop in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22

Looks nice!!
    Strange that they're doing bundles so soon... The Switch is sold out in most retailers as it is!

there now back in stock in most place, pretty much all online stores have the switch listed as being in stock.

Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Switch Bundle Confirmed, Is Exclusive To Russia
    Nintendo has "no plans" to launch the console bundle anywhere outside of Russia.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-8-nintendo-switch-bundle-confirmed-is-e/1100-6449330/

Battle mode sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

new tracks added too new cup and 200cc mirror mode, some people might known there was time delay with dlc for mario kart 8 on wiiu that if you didn't download the dlc by certain date you miss out 14 new characters which have added to mario kart 8 which are 7 yoshi and 7 shy guys which are included mario kart 8 deluxe 8

Advertisement