Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see this is £49.99 preordered in Argos in the UK, which suggests that the €55 in Smyth's is probably going to be the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos preorder prices are place holders, the switch was a crazy price until launch day iirc. I am hoping €50 is the argos price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Argos preorder prices are place holders, the switch was a crazy price until launch day iirc. I am hoping €50 is the argos price.

By prices lately argos is been 5 euros cheaper then smith's lately so 50 sounds right. But gamestop will take the piss and charge 65 ha.

Argos reminds of hmv before it went the 1st time undercutting everyone on games and everyone seems to forgot they sell games ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Funny that of the various first party Wii U games that got a Selects version(Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, NSMBU & NSLU, etc.), it's Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Wii U that didn't make that range. It's like Nintendo knew what was coming down the line and didn't want to devalue the games. MK8 Deluxe releases next week and even the dogs on the street know a Smash Bros. Wii U port is coming to Switch.

Speaking of which, I think Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush will get a Switch port. It'll be handheld only, possibly digital only too and should have a budget price. It'll take no effort for Nintendo to do, it would benefit from a higher resolution screen and more precise controls too, plus the game tanked so it's an opportunity to recoup some development costs. Nintendo are on a Kirby buzz at the moment and it could be a surprise E3 announcement. I may just put this 2nd paragraph in the Switch general discussion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Went ahead and pre-ordered from The Game Collection. Had a few reward points to use as a discount. Not much but every little helps.

£40 plus €3.85 for Parcel Wizard.

Works out at roughly €50 all included. Not too bad. Can't wait to give this a go on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

That_Guy wrote: »
    Went ahead and pre-ordered from The Game Collection. Had a few reward points to use as a discount. Not much but every little helps.

£40 plus €3.85 for Parcel Wizard.

Works out at roughly €50 all included. Not too bad. Can't wait to give this a go on Friday.

Ive ordered with them too (though no reward points to use, so a lil pricier).

Do they usually deliver on the release date? I got BotW on the Tuesday after release?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I had an order for Mario Kart for ?39 but I decided the 5 saving wasn't worth the 2 day or so wait, so I'll go symths/argos day of release.

Incidentally, I received an email from Gamestop saying there's a €5 bonus on PS4/XB1 game trade ins from the 26th, add in the bonus you get from the loyalty cards you need now, might get a decent saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

What time of day on Friday will this be available to download? Thinking of downloading it before work and having a game at lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I'll go symths/argos day of release.

What price do you expect it to be in those stores? Gamestop is €59.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths are 54.99 I think.
    Argos could be 50 on the nose if they follow their recent trends.
    So that means Head will have it for around €74.99 but only as part of a €200 bundle with a pair of joycons and 2 clip-on Wheels.

I still have my fingers crossed for a bundle with a Mii Amiibo in a Kart with configurable face pieces and all the different cars in the game, the whole package for 60 quid. You may say I'm a dreamer <plink plink plink> but I'm not the only oooooooone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Banjo wrote: »
    Smyths are 54.99 I think.
    Argos could be 50 on the nose if they follow their recent trends.
    So that means Head will have it for around ?74.99 but only as part of a ?200 bundle with a pair of joycons and 2 clip-on Wheels.

I still have my fingers crossed for a bundle with a Mii Amiibo in a Kart with configurable face pieces and all the different cars in the game, the whole package for 60 quid. You may say I'm a dreamer <plink plink plink> but I'm not the only oooooooone...

Hopefully Argos will have it for ?50!! If so they will be getting my beans!

Hows does the local wireless LAN play work? Does each Switch connect to the others via peer to peer or does a router of some sort need to be involved?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

madmoe wrote: »
    Hopefully Argos will have it for ?50!! If so they will be getting my beans!

Hows does the local wireless LAN play work? Does each Switch connect to the others via peer to peer or does a router of some sort need to be involved?

Thanks,
    M

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/lan_play_in_mario_kart_8_deluxe_is_only_truly_suitable_for_competitions_and_events

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

GameStop are offering 45 trade in for LOZ BOTW against Mario Kart. But if you include the 10%\15% extra you get for trade ins, might be a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

GameStop are offering 45 trade in for LOZ BOTW against Mario Kart. But if you include the 10%\15% extra you get for trade ins, might be a good deal.

Is that not a bit strange on Gamestop's part seeing as Zelda sales were outselling the Switch itself?

My game has been dispatched from GameStop so hopefully have it tomorrow.

I wouldn't usually use gamestop and wait for Argos but had a voucher so was only E35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Pre-ordered my copy with Symths back in January - got an email today to say the pre-order was cancelled! Just said they changed their website and preorder was no longer valid. Bad form, I have preordered again, I'll be well p***ed if I can't get a copy on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I sent my Switch off for repair over 2 weeks ago in hope I would have it back before this weekend...

Looking like fat chance of that happening now considering they apparently only started repair 2 days ago and I haven't heard a peep since...

Meanwhile in Target in the US :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

AMGer wrote: »
    Pre-ordered my copy with Symths back in January - got an email today to say the pre-order was cancelled! Just said they changed their website and preorder was no longer valid. Bad form, I have preordered again, I'll be well p***ed if I can't get a copy on Friday

That website is a mess, I have my account with them and login via google but that now brings me to a 404 page

Hi all,
    I have never bought games from Argos before but will they have it up for reservation tonight at 00.00 or how does it normally work?

Thanks,
    M

Hi all,
    I have never bought games from Argos before but will they have it up for reservation tonight at 00.00 or how does it normally work?

Thanks,
    M

IT normally comes up at like 2 or 3am from past exp.

• Advertisement

IT normally comes up at like 2 or 3am from past exp.

Thanks for that.....as I'll not be waiting up until that hour tonight\tomorrow morning I'll get up earlier than normal and see how I get on!

Thanks for that.....as I'll not be waiting up until that hour tonight\tomorrow morning I'll get up earlier than normal and see how I get on!

ITs Mario Kart a big name Switch game i think they will get a good few copys so no need to worry.

At the moment if its 49.99 buy a plastic bag and you get a 5 euro gift card on the next thing you buy in argos i done that on lego city undercover ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ITs Mario Kart a big name Switch game i think they will get a good few copys so no need to worry.

At the moment if its 49.99 buy a plastic bag and you get a 5 euro gift card on the next thing you buy in argos i done that on lego city undercover ha.

Good thinking!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Good thinking!

So, one needs to spend over ?50 to get the ?5 voucher then??

So, one needs to spend over ?50 to get the ?5 voucher then??

Yap and as the game is 49.99 you have to buy something to bring it over the 50 euro mark so a plastic bag is what you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yap and as the game is 49.99 you have to buy something to bring it over the 50 euro mark so a plastic bag is what you buy.

is it on the site yet?

is it on the site yet?

Not yet but the price is more then likely going to be 49.99 as Smiths are 55 and in the past few new games releases argos have been 5 euro cheaper then everywhere else.

Deadly and thanks mate! How long does the ?5 voucher stay valid for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Deadly and thanks mate! How long does the ?5 voucher stay valid for?

From the site:
    Free €10 voucher when you spend €100 or more
    Free €5 voucher when you spend €50 or more
    WITH ANY PURCHASE BETWEEN 26th April and 2nd May
    & SPEND BETWEEN THE 26th April and 24th May 2017

Advertisement