Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

maximoose wrote: »
    From the site:

so i can go straight back and get a fiver off the steering wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, once you get the voucher you can just go to the till/machine and use it with another purchase straight away.

Hope they have the wheels in stock tomorrow, have a €10 voucher from when I picked up Zelda/Joycons and was hoping to buy them with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Was going to hold off on this but feck it that £37 in Tesco was enough to sway me, it won't turn up tomorrow (will it?) but still lots of time to sink into BotW until it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Do Argos not round up? So if you paid with cash would 49.99 not become 50? save even on the plastic bag money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

8 Changes in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe You Might Not Know About

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eTlFY88G8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi I did a pretty stupid thing, I ordered Mario kart 8 from Amazon JP and then I saw that it had to go through an approval process of 1-4 hours so I emailed to cancel and ordered it by buying credit from play Asia, now I see that I can't get a refund for my Amazon order so I have two Mario kart codes. If anyone is interested I can sell it on for 50 euro, you can get Mario kart 8 now and it's easy to switch to Japanese store to download it downloading it myself right now. You can switch back to English account after download is finished and it's an international version so it's in English. Let me know if anyone is interested!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

crowseye wrote: »
    Hi I did a pretty stupid thing, I ordered Mario kart 8 from Amazon JP and then I saw that it had to go through an approval process of 1-4 hours so I emailed to cancel and ordered it by buying credit from play Asia, now I see that I can't get a refund for my Amazon order so I have two Mario kart codes. If anyone is interested I can sell it on for 50 euro, you can get Mario kart 8 now and it's easy to switch to Japanese store to download it downloading it myself right now. You can switch back to English account after download is finished and it's an international version so it's in English. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Still available?

Hi ya still available pm me and we can set something up

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Showing on Argos search results with a price of €62.99. No product page yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Free stickers in argos ;) off to smyths for this as it's €55 there, bloody argos, cowboys ted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mine has been sent from Amazon should have it in about 2 weeks ha ha.

In no rush to play it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surprised by the Argos price. Think I'll just get the digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Impulse bought the digital version this morning for my flight... Slowest download ever! 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

18119391_698158280367239_6195767329866788140_n.jpg?oh=ebecb51a76390d222215c912c176ede4&oe=5994E813

Thats more my speed (aren't I hilarious) when it comes to paying for Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Free stickers in argos ;) off to smyths for this as it's €55 there, bloody argos, cowboys ted.

Big time ! I'm really surprised by their price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

But they have stickers, right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I've caved and ordered from Amazon with the £5 discount code. I unexpectedly found some money on a old gift card the other day so am justifying it to myself with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got it on digital download. Never played it on the the wiiU so the tracks and hovering are new to me. Breezed through the 50cc mushroom cup as expected but I want too impressed on the last race they were blitzing me out of it with purple shells etc and I only won on the line. If there going to do it do it on every race not just the last one in each cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

lafors wrote: »
    Got it on digital download. Never played it on the the wiiU so the tracks and hovering are new to me. Breezed through the 50cc mushroom cup as expected but I want too impressed on the last race they were blitzing me out of it with purple shells etc and I only won on the line. If there going to do it do it on every race not just the last one in each cup.

How does it feel playing it undocked with the joycons attached to the Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fixxxer wrote: »
    How does it feel playing it undocked with the joycons attached to the Switch?

It plays absolutely perfectly. I played a 50cc cup and battle mode to see how it played, and tried a 200c race. Played a race or two on the TV with my son. It was flawless, even with the single joycon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

I don't know why Amazon can't ship preorders on time. Unsurprisingly it's still preparing for dispatch. Looking forward to trying it out next week (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game Collection have sent out the game.

DPD have not yet gotten it into their grubby mitts yet. Should have gone with Parcel Motel.

Damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

My Tesco order turned up just after 10am this morning, well happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sarn wrote: »
    I don't know why Amazon can't ship preorders on time. Unsurprisingly it's still preparing for dispatch. Looking forward to trying it out next week (hopefully).

Where were you delivering to?
    I pre-ordered 2 copies from Amazon and they arrived at 9am this morning in Antrim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

I pre-ordered 2 copies from Amazon and they arrived at 9am this morning in Antrim

Straight to Dublin using free delivery. Probably have to fill a crate before they ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Maybe cos that's Northern Ireland?

I ordered it back in February and it has an estimated dispatch day of May 2nd.

Never pre-ordering with them again, took 2 weeks after its release date for Zelda to come..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Maybe cos that's Northern Ireland?

I ordered it back in February and it has an estimated dispatch day of May 2nd.

Never pre-ordering with them again, took 2 weeks after its release date for Zelda to come..!

I can top that.

3 Different orders over the space of 2 weeks all came in the same box !!!!

They used to be great now there shocking post wise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon and choosing Free Delivery, you have no reason to complain. It's not supposed to be quick, it's supposed to be cheap. But if you're paying Amazon for delivery, you're pure mad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Smyths are selling the digital code for 54.99 which i only just realised is cheaper than the nintendo store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Accolades Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGEnlB8c-24

I'm sure it'll be great for newbies but here's why I'm partly indifferent.
    C-f9BDsWsAABPVy.jpg:small

Advertisement