Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Why am I always 2nd or 3rd going into the last lap online and then get hit by three red shells one after another almost every time ? So annoying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Why did they feel the need to make red shells fly? They may as well be purple shells now. Really annoying once you start 150cc :mad:

And when I'm leading I don't want coins all the time, just give me afking green shell or banana so at least I have protection of some sort. 10 coins plus more coins still is 10 coins grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Update with anyone else who ordered from Amazon there Mario Kart.

Yah they said mine is lost in post and are sending me out another one as they do not know where it is as it was handed over to the post service tracking number giving and noting since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Passes One Million Sales Worldwide In Its First Weekend

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/05/04/mario-kart-8-deluxe-passes-one-million-sales-worldwide-in-its-first-weekend/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

That's wonderful news.
    Good to see Nintendo are still capable of making waves in the games market.
    At a time that even big franchises, likes CoD and Assassin's creed, find it hard to maintain momentum and interest, it's fantastic too see MK8Dx to do so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's wonderful news.
    Good to see Nintendo are still capable of making waves in the games market.
    At a time that even big franchises, likes CoD and Assassin's creed, find it hard to maintain momentum and interest, it's fantastic too see MK8Dx to do so well.

...unless you're trying to get an online game of MK8 going on your Wii U :(

SPLITTERS!
    350x700px-LL-d3419170_splitters.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bloody Popular WiiU Liberation Front.....
    Where?
    That's him over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

What kind of person doesn't select Excitebike Arena when it's one of the three options online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

AMGer wrote: »
    What kind of person doesn't select Excitebike Arena when it's one of the three options online?

A sick one. A sick, sick one. I love that track. So much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

AMGer wrote:

2nd only to Babypark imho

• Registered Users Posts: 31 patrick 3759

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I could be imagining it, but it seems way more common than in the WiiU version.

Every race there is at least one blue shell. For me anyways. So i agree. And there has been a few occassions where i seem to get a lot of mushrooms (triple), red shells (triple) in 2nd to 5th place and then bananas and green shells 7th place and beyond :D which is infuriating to say the least

I get so frustrated when i get blue shelled, red shelled, red shelled, green shelled, everything at the finish line.

Once you get blue shelled everyone driving past annihalates you. It's probably the worst feeling ever in gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i love this game but getting lots of communication errors when playing online

Has anyone got there copy of it from amazon yet?.

Mine is due today but I belive it when I see it after the 1st one went missing in action in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Mine is due from Amazon today too. Looks to have made it to my local post sorting office so I'd be confident enough it will arrive today.

UPDATE: Game arrived from Amazon this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Played online for the first time last night (had connectivity issues so had to change my DNS settings to connect) and didn't fare too badly. Got whupped twice and then won once so ended up with the same rating I started with :)

I think my player/kart combo is nearing the end of its life. Time to min-max methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i love this game but getting lots of communication errors when playing online

Was at a Switch meetup yesterday and there were about 6 of us playing wirelessly. We had communication errors quite a few times which was disappointing! One thing that helped was rebooting the console fully before playing so give that a try, especially if it's been in sleep mode for ages! When everything worked it was great fun!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Mine is due from Amazon today too. Looks to have made it to my local post sorting office so I'd be confident enough it will arrive today.

UPDATE: Game arrived from Amazon this morning!

Ah you gave my hope mine might arrive but still no luck! An Post still doesn't recognise the tracking number.... :-/

Ah you gave my hope mine might arrive but still no luck! An Post still doesn't recognise the tracking number.... :-/

I got mine there this morning from amazon it was the 2nd copy they sent out the 1st one the tracking number never worked as well. So no idea what happened to that copy.

Get on to the phone to amazon and get them to ship you another copy out as they will and ask for express shipping for this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

I got on to Amazon on Friday with the same issue so they arranged for a new copy to be shipped. The new tracking number already says it's in Dublin. Will be delivered tomorrow. The original number still isn't recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario, Take The Wheel (The Jimquisition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vIAJqu8gM

It's Jim, so you know, expect plenty of colourful language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Never got Mine from Amazon, so got a refund and some credit they added to account as it was 3rd lost order in a row.
    So I had choice then to rebuy MK8 which would have cost just 33e, buy I went nuts and got the Digital for 48e due to discounts.

Still better than 60e it should have been, the price of digital over physical is driving me crazy!!!
    I cannot fathom how it costs more! I get online retailer situation but it should be less or at least same god dam price! :)

Least I have it always on the Switch now and no need to be switching out Karts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Played about an hour or so last night.

First impressions:
    - The jump in resolution from 720p to 1080p is more noticeable than I expected
    - The soundtrack seems to have a few little extras and seems to work better on my AV setup than the Wii U version
    - Playing through some of the cups again (rather than exclusively playing online like the last few years with the Wii U version), made me realise that there is a number of tracks that never seem to appear for online races! I hadn't seen the Luigi's Mansion course in years!
    - Not wild on my first few plays of battle mode but I know it's generally far better with local players (I was playing online)
    - General online performance seems a bit sluggish compared to Wii U. This is only noticeable on the track select section as the races themselves are flawless. I did get kicked out a few times which rarely if ever happened on Wii U.

Still very happy with my purchase and can see local multiplayer/portability being a big draw despite having sunk countless hours into the Wii U version.

(My wife did ask why the hell I'd bought effectively the same game though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sold out in smyths in Jervis but Argos as of this morning have reduced their price to €59.99 I still need to get this myself as it along side Zelda was my prime reason to get the machine at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Sold out in smyths in Jervis but Argos as of this morning have reduced their price to €59.99 I still need to get this myself as it along side Zelda was my prime reason to get the machine at launch.

Back in stock :) I picked up a copy there earlier today.

Do people use the wheels? I remember back in the day getting them just with the copy of the game anyway but I haven't played it in years.. noticed there's little ones out for the switch. Any obvious advantages or are they gimmicky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 digibay

I play this game with Amiibo emulator N2elite(amiiqo) on my Nintendo Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kantes wrote: »
    Back in stock :) I picked up a copy there earlier today.

Do people use the wheels? I remember back in the day getting them just with the copy of the game anyway but I haven't played it in years.. noticed there's little ones out for the switch. Any obvious advantages or are they gimmicky?

Generally a lot of people struggle with the size of the individual Joy Cons, often exacerbated because they neglect to put the rails on so the shoulder buttons are uncomfortable. The Wheels will probably give you a more comfortable experience. However, there are little tiny Gamepad-style grips that might be of more general use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Banjo wrote: »
    Generally a lot of people struggle with the size of the individual Joy Cons, often exacerbated because they neglect to put the rails on so the shoulder buttons are uncomfortable. The Wheels will probably give you a more comfortable experience. However, there are little tiny Gamepad-style grips that might be of more general use to you.

Thank you for that! Really useful to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

digibay wrote: »
    I play this game with Amiibo emulator N2elite(amiiqo) on my Nintendo Switch.

You don't. You unlocked all the amiibo mii costumes with your n2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »

The rails have buttons? I've not even taken them out of the box! Will givethat a look! Thanks

Advertisement