Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 week ban for Trolling

Options
  • 13-01-2017 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

I talked to the mod and his main reason was the comment was not on.

He has reduced it to a 1 week ban but even that is excessive.

I've a few posts in there today and it seems crazy that my post got me a 3 week ban.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response, only seeing this now.

Just want to clarify if you're looking to appeal the one week ban, or looking to flag the initial three week one?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Aye, the ban

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Will look into this so. If you have any relevant PMs you'd like to forward on to me, please do. Will get back to you asap.

So have had a look at this, and would agree a ban is excessive in this case.

I don't think the comment was in any way helpful to the discussion and was trying to provoke a response, but given you haven't been subject to mod action in the Nintendo forum before it more deserved a card than an instant ban.

I'd propose lifting the ban and issuing a warning in its place. If you think that's an acceptable resolution let me know and I can get it sorted.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah cool

• Advertisement

That's sorted now, apologies again for the delayed response.

Admins, please mark as resolved, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks all for achieving resolution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement