Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mortgage Marketplace

Options
  • 13-01-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Am I missing something here, or is this simply another place where BoI & KBC can promote their services ?

How can it be a marketplace, when there's only two lenders - that makes it a closed market surely ?

Thanks,

G.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi garretod,
    To answer your question, yes it's for promotion of mortgage services from banks in a space where they might be most relevant (Accommodation & Property). The option is there for any of the banks with Talk Tos to add their info when they want to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi Niamh,

Thanks for the reply....

I think that AIB are the only other potential candidate unless I've missed any other lenders. Even if they were to participate, it's still a very limited "marketplace" and would struggle to reflect the true mortgage market in terms of the range of products and rates available in the market.

Perhaps it's time to consider approaching the other financial instutitions offeirng the "Talk to" service and this one (again ?), as the Talk to services are clearly popular so there's a good arguement for new entities to join Boards ? Off the top of my head, there's organisations like: Ulster Bank, PTSB, Pepper, EBS, ICS, Haven all in the market.

Thanks,

G.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for the input garrettod...the sales team are always in discussions with other potential companies for Talk Tos but I'll be sure to pass on your recommendation for the Mortgage Marketplace as well. Thanks :)

Advertisement