Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry over renewal.

Options
  • 13-01-2017 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭

I'm with Chill Insurance who are a broker. They insured me with Liberty last year for €600. My renewal quote for 3rd party yesterday was €966! Unbelievable.

I'm 28, male.10 years no claims bonus. 10 year full license. No points. The car is a regular 1.8 ford 2007 mondeo worth 2500.

Where could I get a cheaper quote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'll just have to try either ringing around or going online and entering your details, over, and over, and over. Its the only way I'm afraid.

You might just find an insurer out there that gives you a decent deal, worth a go.

But I feel your pain, I'm heading towards 50, with over 20yrs driving, never claimed and mine went from 340 to 670.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Your can is now 10 years old and has suddenly become a death trap/ insurance risk since last month in the eyes of insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Heads up everybody

Liberty have removed the 29% penalty points discount they allowed for all prior years.

I.e. 850 basic rate last year less their PP disc and u pay only 600... they assumed those whom got PP would disclose PP mid year and they'd reclaim the discounts..those they not risking losing revenue any more

Roll on this year when the basic rates are up 10-40% up and u now see why their rates so expensive

Advertisement