Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ecce rates ?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys my daughter is now applicable for the ecce scheme so we now have a reduced rate but I don't think its right ? We usually pay 150 a week ,but it's gone down to 115 full time , the creche said we save a rate of 35 per week but I usually thought we would save more ? A friend pays usually 160 a week and now pays only 85.50 a week due to ecce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Our child  is currently attending crèche 3 days a week , we pay 50 euro a day , 150 euro a week , he has started the ecce this week and now attends for 3 hrs on the days he doesn't attend crèche. We are now in a battle with the crèche for reduced fees on the days he attends full days ,  the crèche have told us they recieve 64.50 a week for his ecce year but insist that because he attends for more than 5 hrs outside the ecce hours on them days we still have to pay full fees.
    Anyone ever experience this kind of thing with a crèche , can they do this , as far as we are concerned they are trying to con us , Is there anyone that we can take this issue up with outside the crèche or is it a like it or lump it senario ?
    We believe we should receive a reduction of 12.90 a day in our fees
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Does your child attend 50 weeks of the year? If so your grant is probably being divided over 50 weeks not 38. Are they charging an extra few euro for meals? I think the lower amount is €64.50 per week x 38 weeks.
    Maybe your friend's creche is receiving the higher grant (qualifications)? €75 per week x 38. Your friend's child may only be attending 38 weeks of the year so the grant is divided by 38.

I think they are the correct rates but you may want to double check them!!

My son goes to a montesorri. We pay hourly. He is not getting ECCe until 1st April. We will still just pay hourly around the ECCe hours after that. My niece does the same. It may work out more expensive though if you needed a lot of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

I work in a creche €85.50 is maximum parent can be charged for full daycare if in ecce scheme though that's only for the weeks Montessori is open. If a child attends creche say in Christmas they have to pay €150 for the week

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ours spread out the allowance so that during the summer months I still pay the same rate. Maybe that's what they are doing here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ours was reduced by 64.50. €12.90 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Update :

Summer has currently begun and the creche want to charge me full rate now on,even though they said at the start that the rate would be spread across the summer months also when we first begin with the ecce ,starting to feel like this is very unfair . We pay 115 every week and now it's being put back to 150

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The ecce scheme ended on the 16th June, so you'll have to get clarification on what you've paid, and what they think you should pay now.

It sounds like something is a miss but if you ask them to write it out clearly you can then contact your local childcare board (or whoever is relevant, someone else might steer you in the right direction) and find out if it adds up.

Advertisement