Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Error 4128 can suck a fat one

At least you are home to try :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right lads, is this a hit or miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Definite hit for me. Feels just like the old games again. From what I played in the campaign earlier too - brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Servers haven't worked for me yet so I'll reserve judgement for now but bad start obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Cracking game. But man I am terrible in the online mode. Gonna have to stick to the easy campaign 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

AdrianII wrote: »
    Cracking game. But man I am terrible in the online mode. Gonna have to stick to the easy campaign ��
    Likewise. KDR is dreadful. I consistently end up with the most deaths, although rarely last on my team.

My hand eye coordination clearly needs work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

What the f**knis this bull****? I spend 65 on a game the day it’s released, i take it home only to have to download and install all sorts of updates for the best part of an hour. Then when all is said and done I try to connect to xbox live only to be greeted with errors that the service isn’t available???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Johann. wrote: »
    What guns are we all using? I'm ****e at moving on, up through the classes. I get too comfortable using the same ****e :o

Mainly the stg and the ppsh
    Just unlocked the Bren so going to give that a go if I can get a game.

What about basic training I’ve been using hustle and airborne but have mountain ranked up to avoid UAV on 1 class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm now in the HQ - nobody else around.
    Joined the 1 v 1 pit and I'm no. 1 in the queue.

Domination - 47 potential games found - whoop-de-doo, put me in one of them.

@FutureGuy, great game when it works.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm now in the HQ - nobody else around.
    Joined the 1 v 1 pit and I'm no. 1 in the queue.

Domination - 47 potential games found - whoop-de-doo, put me in one of them.

@FutureGuy, great game when it works.

I am finally in a game of tdm. Host migration in the middle of it.

• Advertisement

Also what streaks people running. I must be the worst ever with the glide bomb. Can’t seem to kill anyone with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Definitly a hit pal i havent been on this evening to see what conections are like but was great this morning and this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭limnam

jayo26 wrote: »
    Definitly a hit pal i havent been on this evening to see what conections are like but was great this morning and this afternoon.

Pretty shiote at the mo

Struggling to get connected to a game

Error
    The Call of Duty: WWII service is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://callofduty.com/wwii/status for updates.

Error code: 102780
    -,-,C,D,E,F,G,-,I,-,-,-,M,-,-,P,Q.

Went to the status site and all is well apparently.

Campaign it is so...

@FutureGuy, hold off on this one...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Wtf! A 10gb patch before I can play single player? Currently says 3 hours.

That's some bullsh1t

F1ngers wrote: »
    Error
    The Call of Duty: WWII service is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://callofduty.com/wwii/status for updates.

Error code: 102780
    -,-,C,D,E,F,G,-,I,-,-,-,M,-,-,P,Q.

Went to the status site and all is well apparently.

Campaign it is so...

@FutureGuy, hold off on this one...:pac:

That's what I get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

heroics wrote: »
    Also what streaks people running. I must be the worst ever with the glide bomb. Can’t seem to kill anyone with it.

I don't know how. It's like the Hellstorm, I almost always got a kill with it in the beta.

ION08 wrote: »
    What the f**knis this bull****? I spend 65 on a game the day it’s released, i take it home only to have to download and install all sorts of updates for the best part of an hour. Then when all is said and done I try to connect to xbox live only to be greeted with errors that the service isn’t available???

Welcome to Call of Duty.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Welcome to Call of Duty.

Ha was gonna say the exact same. Tbf blops3 was working pretty well after about a year just hang in there:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭limnam

ION08 wrote: »

Think of the poor lad in the back of beyond with no broadband...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I didn't have high hopes for it initially - I got it on PC, I used to play Call of Duty 1 (vanilla cod) and Call of Duty 2 multiplayer a lot back in the day. I always preferred the world war 2 themed games and hate the modern warfare shíte with people jumping on the walls and getting killed by claymores (very skillful gameplay).

Initial impressions were firstly that I enjoyed it surprisingly. It's very fast paced. The maps are very very small though, so it seems like constant close quarter combat, which is very intense and that leads to basically a game being flooded with PPSH's and Grease guns. The gameplay is fun though, it's like a throw back to the old COD game for me.

A few things I dislike is all the unlocks and stuff you have to do, but I guess that's just games going in a different direction and small stuff needs to be fine tuned like when you're playing search and destroy, after every round it changes sides which is seriously annoying. Why is there no Kar98 bolt action?! It was one of the most reliable and most used weapons in the older series/ in the actual war. It seems you can only use the K98 sniper, unless I'm missing something.

I didn't have high hopes for it initially - I got it on PC, I used to play Call of Duty 1 (vanilla cod) and Call of Duty 2 multiplayer a lot back in the day. I always preferred the world war 2 themed games and hate the modern warfare shíte with people jumping on the walls and getting killed by claymores (very skillful gameplay).

Initial impressions were firstly that I enjoyed it surprisingly. It's very fast paced. The maps are very very small though, so it seems like constant close quarter combat, which is very intense and that leads to basically a game being flooded with PPSH's and Grease guns. The gameplay is fun though, it's like a throw back to the old COD game for me.

A few things I dislike is all the unlocks and stuff you have to do, but I guess that's just games going in a different direction and small stuff needs to be fine tuned like when you're playing search and destroy, after every round it changes sides which is seriously annoying. Why is there no Kar98 bolt action?! It was one of the most reliable and most used weapons in the older series/ in the actual war. It seems you can only use the K98 sniper, unless I'm missing something.

I have a feeling that the Kar98K will come as a supply drop weapon when they decide to add them to the game, which will probably be January or February.

Why would you buy COD on PC? COD has rarely been optimised/ported well on PC.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Ha was gonna say the exact same. Tbf blops3 was working pretty well after about a year just hang in there:)

I haven't been able to get a match on Black Ops 3 for two months now.

These loading screens are so slow it’s like being back on the Commodore 64

It’s frustrating because when I’m in a game I’m enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

How do you play campaign coop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Seems to be ok for me anyway I got online into a game straight away.

Activision Support article says Call of Duty Points are coming to Call of Duty: WWII on Nov. 14:

https://charlieintel.com/2017/11/03/activision-support-article-says-call-duty-points-coming-call-duty-wwii-nov-14/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Why would you buy COD on PC? COD has rarely been optimised/ported well on PC.

:confused:

Infinite Warfare runs at 1080p ultra 60fps even on modest entry level graphics card and looks a lot better than the console versions.

COD: WW2 runs even better. 1080p ultra settings 60fps+ no problem for cards even like GTX1050Ti.

:confused:

Infinite Warfare runs at 1080p ultra 60fps even on modest entry level graphics card and looks a lot better than the console versions.

COD: WW2 runs even better. 1080p ultra settings 60fps+ no problem for cards even like GTX1050Ti.

It's nothing about "graphics" that I'm talking about. It's about optimisation, Call of Duty is not supported well on PC at all. It frequently gets stutters, lag etc and they have a low player base for a reason.

• Advertisement

How do you play campaign coop?

You can't.

Advertisement